Nova leaves on permanent deal

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Nova leaves on permanent deal

by Hendo » 03 Sep 2019 09:18

Notts Royal
Old Man Andrews
Dennis the Butler Bad decision imo. Proven goalscorer, albeit in the Dutch League, with more experience and senior goals than Loader but never given a chance.

So you wanted him to be playing ahead of Puscas, Joao and Meite? Have a day off.

More club goals than Puscas career-to-date whilst playing at an equal or higher level

I like how you specified club goals, as Puscas' record internationally, is very good.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2019 10:17

Hendo
Notts Royal
Old Man Andrews So you wanted him to be playing ahead of Puscas, Joao and Meite? Have a day off.

More club goals than Puscas career-to-date whilst playing at an equal or higher level

I like how you specified club goals, as Puscas' record internationally, is very good.

Looking at club goals - according to Transfermarkt Puscas has 39 to Novakovich's 35.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Sep 2019 10:17

Stranded
Hendo
Notts Royal

Looking at club goals - according to Transfermarkt Puscas has 39 to Novakovich's 35.

Yeah I didn't wanna call him out on that and compound his embarrassment but I noticed that too :D

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 03 Sep 2019 10:18

Hendo
Notts Royal
Old Man Andrews So you wanted him to be playing ahead of Puscas, Joao and Meite? Have a day off.

At senior level? Or U23s? Loader’s U18/21 record is very good but we’ve yet to see any evidence of that quality in the 1st team. Nova should at least have been given a shot in front of Loader in pre-season, and should have been given a chance last season when we had no goals in the team

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Sep 2019 10:19

Notts Royal
Hendo
Notts Royal

At senior level? Or U23s? Loader’s U18/21 record is very good but we’ve yet to see any evidence of that quality in the 1st team. Nova should at least have been given a shot in front of Loader in pre-season, and should have been given a chance last season when we had no goals in the team

He was on loan at Fotuna Sittard last season.................... :roll:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2019 10:19

Shame as he looked to be a decent enough player. Hope we have a sell on clause or something and hope he has a decent career. Good luck to him.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Sep 2019 10:40

Shame he's gone but not overly fussed.

Not convinced he's as good as his absence from the shambles of the last 2 seasons has led some people to believe.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2019 10:54

Notts Royal
Hendo
Notts Royal

As mentioned above

Puscas 39 senior club goals to 35.

To add further to it:

At international level, Puscas has 4 in 8 full internationals and 16 in 23 U21s versus 0 international goals and 1 in 4 U20 games for Novakovich.

Puscas record is better over his career - could argue at a slightly higher level too.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Sep 2019 11:32

Old Man Andrews Thank the lord he has gone. The fan boys who thought he was the next Messi can finally shut up.

+ 1

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 03 Sep 2019 13:46

72 bus
muirinho
Hound Is he the only one who left today or have I missed some others going?

Tom Holmes has gone to KSV Roeselare

Hope he gets his wages paid

Wages are paid by the parent club, with the loan club paying the parent club the wages they are contributing. So RFC have the risk, not Holmes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2019 17:35

Royalwaster
Denver Royal
Bigtimmeh on the face of it it looks like he wasn't given a chance at reading despite being sucessfull elsewhere and so on. but because of that there must be something in training that makes him not worth taking a chance on. surely just based on his stats alone you would give him more of a chance - how bad must he be to convince the club otherwise?

It’s a strange one, huh? Not sure what to think. He’ll play at some level. As with other playas, that level will be determined.

Was thinking today, given short time at new club, he’s convinced them very quickly?

But maybe they wanted to sign him permanently at the outset in the Summer anyway?

We didn’t sell then, but now we do. Different fee negotiated now? Who knows.

(Edit: Shameful opportunity afforded our Academy grads again?)

Yeah but you have to see this in context - we need the money, his contract was up at the end of the year, and he was hardly going to play with several players ahead of him in the pecking order. What you have to ask yourself is - would you have preferred to keep him and not sign Puscas and/or Joao?

Maybe Joao. Definitely McNulty. Much rather Baldock left. Think he should have been here to get Loader's minutes last season too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2019 17:40

Stranded Novakovich was done here the moment he went on loan last summer - my only surprise is that a top flight Dutch club weren't prepared to fork out the cash for him - as if a 2nd division Italian side can afford him it us unlikely to have been more than a million or so.

I have literally no idea how good he actually is or will be - he scored some goals in the Netherlands but I do not know what is all round play is actually like as I don't watch Dutch football - however, it seems that in his time here 3 managers decided he would not be the right option for the way we play and you only need to look at the lack of minutes with the "firsts" over the summer, when fit, to see that he really wasn't seen as a viable option for us in Gomes style.

So overall, best deal for all. I don't get the, he hasn't had a chance view, he has - he wasn't viewed as good enough/right for us by multiple managers who will know all about him both in the u23s and loans - so he now gets the chance to show he can score goals and settle at a decent level. Good luck to him.

Multiple managers with a less than stellar record of bringing in or through strikers who perform.

These are the managers who signed:
Bodvarsson
Aluko
Baldock
McNulty
Joao
Puscas

Instead of using him. None of the first four really had a good impact. Bodvarsson ok. Baldock not awful And the latter two haven't played 10 games for us between them yet.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Sep 2019 18:17

Sad to see him go, but Puscas, Joao and Meite with Loader up and coming? Which of those would you drop for him?

In an ideal world with money growing on trees keep everyone, but overall I'd rather the above minus Nova.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 03 Sep 2019 19:49

2 world wars, 1 world cup Sad to see him go, but Puscas, Joao and Meite with Loader up and coming? Which of those would you drop for him?

In an ideal world with money growing on trees keep everyone, but overall I'd rather the above minus Nova.

Yep, I hear ya.

We only got Joao, Puscas and Boye across the line very late in the window, which may suggest there was some doubt about them ever actually coming here?

Nova was reportedly going to sign with PEC Zwolle earlier in the Summer, but that transfer allegedly fell thru because of our high asking price. (Which adds a bit more intrigue as to what the 'undisclosed fee' was this time?).

Frosinone are Serie B, but only after having just been relegated in May. and so obv they, and Nova, will have designs on bouncing right back up again to Serie A this season.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/usmnt ... -usa-usmnt

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Sep 2019 20:17

2 world wars, 1 world cup Sad to see him go, but Puscas, Joao and Meite with Loader up and coming? Which of those would you drop for him?

Clearly Danny "too big for his boots" Loader.

Even then Novakovich wouldn't get the minutes he needs to progress in his career though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2019 23:01

Loader.

Maybe Joao depending on which version turns up.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Sep 2019 23:06

Snowflake Royal

Loader.

You'd get the same complaints (but not necessarily from the same people) if Nova was kept, and Loader was sold. Joao was scoring every 3 games last season - basically a 15-goal a season striker. Can't see either Loader or Nova providing that this season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2019 23:07

muirinho
Snowflake Royal

Loader.

You'd get the same complaints (but not necessarily from the same people) if Nova was kept, and Loader was sold. Joao was scoring every 3 games last season - basically a 15-goal a season striker. Can't see either Loader or Nova providing that this season.

I half agree. :wink:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Sep 2019 23:24

Snowflake Royal

Loader.

Yeah, perhaps one could argue get rid of Loader instead of Nova. TBH I've not seen enough of them to compare. I'm hoping/trusting we got a better deal for Nova than we would have had for Loader and/or Gomes et al consider him a better prospect (which I guess he is, but who knows).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2019 00:18

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Snowflake Royal

Loader.

Yeah, perhaps one could argue get rid of Loader instead of Nova. TBH I've not seen enough of them to compare. I'm hoping/trusting we got a better deal for Nova than we would have had for Loader and/or Gomes et al consider him a better prospect (which I guess he is, but who knows).
I wouldn't get rid of Loader. He's got loadsa time for now. U23s, loan... all would still benefit him.