This is Poor

krapmle

This is Poor

by krapmle » 14 Sep 2019 17:04

Ok, I have seen every game this season so far and now is enough. This team is poor.
IMHO I think its the manager and his tactics that are not up to standard as the players have shown themselves to be quite skilful.

The substitutions were awful and the team immediately lost all structure.
This nonsense with goal kicks makes us a liability.

Something needs to change and quick or its 2nd division next season

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: This is Poor

by CountryRoyal » 14 Sep 2019 17:05

krapmle Ok, I have seen every game this season so far

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit.

krapmle

by krapmle » 14 Sep 2019 17:08

Nice constructive reply

does this help if it makes you discuss the team

This team is poor.
IMHO I think its the manager and his tactics that are not up to standard as the players have shown themselves to be quite skilful.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Sep 2019 17:24

krapmle Nice constructive reply

does this help if it makes you discuss the team

This team is poor.

The subs against Charlton were ridiculous. Today wasn't a problem apart from it should have been Ejaria/Swift off instead of Rino. We dominated the game the last 20 minutes, and created nothing the first 70

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Sep 2019 17:29

We looked dominant after the subs and could quite easily have got 3 goals :shock:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Sep 2019 18:11

At the moment we aren’t sticking the chances away, but at least we are creating them. The goals will come and the defence isn’t doing too bad.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 14 Sep 2019 18:12

krapmle Ok, I have seen every game this season so far and now is enough. This team is poor.

Agree, Parky is waiting.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Sep 2019 18:39

There's been improvement under Gomes reign but he is not the messiah. We will finish higher than last season but tactically he is not very good and his substitutions are sometimes bizarre. Fans always work in extremes, either great, or shit. He is neither, he's average and thats ok for what we need. Also, I am not understanding the Puskas hype either, other than his debut he looks like he couldn't hit a oxf*rd barn door and there is already some speculation he's being looked at by bigger clubs? Give me a break, just about sums up the idiocy of the football industry.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Sep 2019 18:46

The match stats speak for themselves, their keeper was motm

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 14 Sep 2019 19:10

krapmle Ok, I have seen every game this season so far and now is enough. This team is poor.

Compared to what. How many games have you seen in the previous seasons? Some of those teams were definately poor (Bullivant and Burns being the biggest criminals), but this group, not yet, and I doubt ever in comparison.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Sep 2019 19:46

FiNeRaIn There's been improvement under Gomes reign but he is not the messiah. We will finish higher than last season but tactically he is not very good and his substitutions are sometimes bizarre. Fans always work in extremes, either great, or shit. He is neither, he's average and thats ok for what we need. Also, I am not understanding the Puskas hype either, other than his debut he looks like he couldn't hit a oxf*rd barn door and there is already some speculation he's being looked at by bigger clubs? Give me a break, just about sums up the idiocy of the football industry.

Have you watched his international performances? That is where the hype is mainly coming from tbf that and the Cardiff goals.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Sep 2019 19:47

AthleticoSpizz The match stats speak for themselves, their keeper was motm

This.

krapmle

by krapmle » 14 Sep 2019 19:51

quote "Compared to what."

compared to nothing. Just an opinion about this season so far.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 14 Sep 2019 20:29

Out of interest did you think we were poor against Cardiff / WBA / Huddersfield?

Look at the facts. The new signings have been here for 4 weeks. Get a grip man :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Sep 2019 22:16

CountryRoyal
krapmle Ok, I have seen every game this season so far

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit.

I've no reason to disbelieve that bit. The rest is proper toddler toy throwing.

krapmle

by krapmle » 15 Sep 2019 09:47

Out of interest did you think we were poor against Cardiff / WBA / Huddersfield? Look at the facts. The new signings have been here for 4 weeks. Get a grip man

I posted the following on Aug 25th:

"well one thing is for sure, we are not going up if we continue to play like this. Once the season gets really going, if you don't get near the ball for the first 30 mins or so (v WBA and v Huddersfield) we will be 2-0 down at half time with the game gone. I hope this happens at the moment due to the team still settling in.

Apart from the above this team are very exciting at times but I fear the luck will run out.

The game is about you scoring goals not waiting for the opposition to do so first. If we can get that sorted I see a promotion chasing team. exciting times"

What I saw yesterday suggests we are going backwards and not improving. We were unable to even draw with what was quite frankly very poor opposition. There is nothing tactical or skillfull in getting a few chances at the end of the game when a poor opposition are nervous and tired and desperately hanging on for a win. Mick Gooding summed it up very well at the end of the game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Sep 2019 09:53

krapmle
Out of interest did you think we were poor against Cardiff / WBA / Huddersfield? Look at the facts. The new signings have been here for 4 weeks. Get a grip man

I posted the following on Aug 25th:

"well one thing is for sure, we are not going up if we continue to play like this. Once the season gets really going, if you don't get near the ball for the first 30 mins or so (v WBA and v Huddersfield) we will be 2-0 down at half time with the game gone. I hope this happens at the moment due to the team still settling in.

Apart from the above this team are very exciting at times but I fear the luck will run out.

The game is about you scoring goals not waiting for the opposition to do so first. If we can get that sorted I see a promotion chasing team. exciting times"

What I saw yesterday suggests we are going backwards and not improving. We were unable to even draw with what was quite frankly very poor opposition. There is nothing tactical or skillfull in getting a few chances at the end of the game when a poor opposition are nervous and tired and desperately hanging on for a win. Mick Gooding summed it up very well at the end of the game.

Very poor opposition :| the same team that just went away to high flying Bristol and dominated. They aren’t great, but they’re certainly not very poor and any point away at Boro would have been a good point

How many times in the last 5 years or so have we been a goal down late on and actually looked like scoring? Even though we didn’t manage to score, it was refreshing to create so many chances at the end and even in that aspect, I’m seeing an improvement in approaching the end of the game, certainly when you compare that to how we tried to chase the game against Charlton

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Sep 2019 10:06

I don't know if this thread is fishing or genuine. I'll bite anyhow. Anybody who can't see the improvement from when Gomes joined is utterly deluded and needs to get a oxf*rd grip on reality. We're a work in progress and probably won't be in the promotion mix this year, but we should be viewing a relatively young team as a long term project and Gomes has shown more than enough to suggest that he should be at the helm for it.

krapmle

by krapmle » 15 Sep 2019 10:43

Anybody who can't see the improvement from when Gomes joined is utterly deluded and needs to get a oxf*rd grip on reality.

What improved yesterday compared with the last game?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2019 11:45

krapmle
Anybody who can't see the improvement from when Gomes joined is utterly deluded and needs to get a oxf*rd grip on reality.

What improved yesterday compared with the last game?

Er...

1) the score.
2) possession
3) shots against
4) shots for on target
5) shots against on target
6) pass success
7) away games are usually harder than home games