BFTG Boro

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Boro

by Zip » 14 Sep 2019 23:50

windermereROYAL
Zip :| Not one poster on here has suggested Gomes should be sacked. He remains very much in credit for keeping us up last season.

TBF I`m reacting to the social media kids.

Fair enough. There is one particular tool on there who keeps repeating he wants Gomes out but the vast majority are telling him to shut up.
As long as we show improvement this season then I would hope Gomes is still here in May. Not sure our owners will see it that way though.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Sep 2019 00:01

Zip
windermereROYAL
Zip :| Not one poster on here has suggested Gomes should be sacked. He remains very much in credit for keeping us up last season.

Fair enough. There is one particular tool on there who keeps repeating he wants Gomes out but the vast majority are telling him to shut up.
As long as we show improvement this season then I would hope Gomes is still here in May. Not sure our owners will see it that way though.

We were dead and buried last season when Gomes arrived. If we play decent football and finish in mid table, I will be absolutely livid if the owners fire him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Sep 2019 00:04

WestYorksRoyal
Zip
windermereROYAL

We were dead and buried last season when Gomes arrived. If we play decent football and finish in mid table, I will be absolutely livid if the owners fire him.

Yep. Me too. I like Gomes and we are heading in the right direction.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Sep 2019 00:30

Zip
WestYorksRoyal
Zip

Yeah. Ultimately it depends on what the goals for the club are though, I don’t think we should be rushing for a top 6 finish

Although disagree with the dead and buried comment

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Sep 2019 00:37

URZZZZ
Zip
WestYorksRoyal We were dead and buried last season when Gomes arrived. If we play decent football and finish in mid table, I will be absolutely livid if the owners fire him.

Yeah. Ultimately it depends on what the goals for the club are though, I don’t think we should be rushing for a top 6 finish

After the. Swansea defeat when Gomes had just taken over we were five points adrift from safety. In nearly fifty years supporting the club I cannot think of any other season when we were in such a poor position at the start of the New Year where we avoided relegation.
So maybe not dead and buried but certainly on death’s door and in dire need of resuscitation.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Sep 2019 02:27

windermereROYAL

Well don’t. You’re a grown up?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2019 07:46

Zip I keep hearing about Meite’s limitations. He is under-estimated on here. He is good in the air, pretty quick, puts himself about and reasonably composed in front of goal. His first touch isn’t great but that’s why he is playing in the Championship. His goal conversion rate was impressive last season as he really didn’t miss many chances.

Gomes didn’t rest Puscas and Joao. He dropped them and rightly so after their dismal performances against Charlton. Both have been underwhelming since Cardiff. Neither should be certain starters.

Amen.

Natural for Puscas to struggle a bit. Young, new country etc. And we know Joak's work ethic is suspect as a 1 in 6 good games player.

It's still early. Playing well and losing isn't great, but it's better than playing badly and losing. It's a better start than last year. It's better performances than last year.

We just need to have realistic expectations. Mid table sides have poor patches. They're inconsistent. That's where we are at best.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2019 07:50

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip

After the. Swansea defeat when Gomes had just taken over we were five points adrift from safety. In nearly fifty years supporting the club I cannot think of any other season when we were in such a poor position at the start of the New Year where we avoided relegation.
So maybe not dead and buried but certainly on death’s door and in dire need of resuscitation.

We weren't dead and buried when Clement was sacked though. We totally fell apart when he left having been very poor but slowly improving.

Almost no one is ever dead and buried at xmas.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Sep 2019 08:18

Snowflake Royal
Zip
URZZZZ

We weren't dead and buried when Clement was sacked though. We totally fell apart when he left having been very poor but slowly improving.

Gomes didn’t take over immediately after Clement.
You were one of the posters who thought no one was going to come in and turn it around and said we might as well consign ourselves to relegation. At least try and be consistent.
I also didn’t say we were dead and buried in the first instance.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Sep 2019 08:32

Oh now you’ve gone and done it.

Pages of Ian.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 15 Sep 2019 08:37

Snowflake Royal
Zip I keep hearing about Meite’s limitations. He is under-estimated on here. He is good in the air, pretty quick, puts himself about and reasonably composed in front of goal. His first touch isn’t great but that’s why he is playing in the Championship. His goal conversion rate was impressive last season as he really didn’t miss many chances.

Gomes didn’t rest Puscas and Joao. He dropped them and rightly so after their dismal performances against Charlton. Both have been underwhelming since Cardiff. Neither should be certain starters.

Amen.

Natural for Puscas to struggle a bit. Young, new country etc. And we know Joak's work ethic is suspect as a 1 in 6 good games player.

It's still early. Playing well and losing isn't great, but it's better than playing badly and losing. It's a better start than last year. It's better performances than last year.

We just need to have realistic expectations. Mid table sides have poor patches. They're inconsistent. That's where we are at best.

LOL, remember you saying the same about Denis Rakels ," will come good 20+ goals"!.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 15 Sep 2019 08:52

Zip
WestYorksRoyal
Zip

I totally agree. Yesterday was more enjoyable than any of the wins under Clement. Yes, it was frustrating we didn’t get a draw (at the least) but you can see the kind of game we are trying to play and we look like a team. The football is so much better!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2019 09:15

karbota
Snowflake Royal

Amen.

LOL, remember you saying the same about Denis Rakels ," will come good 20+ goals"!.

Calling bullshit on that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2019 09:23

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Gomes didn’t take over immediately after Clement.
You were one of the posters who thought no one was going to come in and turn it around and said we might as well consign ourselves to relegation. At least try and be consistent.
I also didn’t say we were dead and buried in the first instance.

Fair play Zipidie. You didn't say it and it was about when Gomes took over not Clem leaving.

I did indeed think no one would turn it around because I thought it was clearly the players fault. Didn't consider 5 superb loanees being a real thing that would happen.

I think there's a difference in being in touch with survival all along but inevitably going down because you don't have the fight and won't improve much, and being just doomed and too far adrift regardless of any improvements. But your view may differ.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2019 09:41

Christ that's a poor goal to concede.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Sep 2019 09:41

I'd also like to make a shout out to Middlesbrough as a much better than expected away day. Its consistently voted the worst place to live in the UK, but it's a nice walk from the station to the ground. There was also a great pub next to the station showing the cricket and early and late kick offs. Boro fans and punters very friendly and good chat.

Also saw Middlesbrough were giving free advertising to Zoe's Place, a children's hospice in the area which is due to close because of funding. I'll happily be contributing a bit.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 15 Sep 2019 09:59

Totally disagree. In the long term you have to play your best players. Yes Puscas has missed some sitters but every time he is in the right place at the right time. Meite is a 100% player but he is a gulf away from Puscas. I'm pretty sure we would have got something from that game had he started with Joao and Puscas.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Sep 2019 10:13

Gomes said he didn’t like how they played in the last game so presumably he thought they needed a kick up the backside.

Right thing to do for the long term I’d say.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 15 Sep 2019 10:16

The atmosphere at the game was like the town......................... Dreadful

Boro fans on the whole who we spoke to were a decent bunch though

The game itself was probably quite exciting for a neutral, but totally frustrating from my perspective.

A game we generally controlled. It it wasn't for a dreadful referee who gave us oxf*rd all for 90 minutes and some wayward finishing the atmosphere on this board would have been a lot different.

Not to down hearted, because if we continue to play like that, the "old onion bag" will be bursting more often than not.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Sep 2019 10:56

windermereROYAL

Yeh but they're just 12 year olds who saw the score on teletext and nothing more.