21 not out

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

21 not out

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Sep 2019 15:00

Probably wasting my time here (as usual, starting threads and all that...hi brendy) but......

It may have escaped a few peoples attention (some probably weren’t even born or contemplated supporting their local team back then here) but, it is (just over) 21 years since our first match at the Mad-Stad.

In 2005 sometime during that season, and for the kids that were born in ‘98, the club (or was it STAR?) mainly hosted by Steve Sidwell, handed out bespoke football shirts to all Reading 7 year olds that attended the evening presentation (we still have my lads one tucked away somewhere....bids welcome :wink: )...which was basically, a blue Reading badged Arsenal type shirt with a big 7 on the back

Roll forward 14 years.....are they planning to do the same again?
Would love to march my lad down for his ‘21 shirt’ presentation from Danny Loader or some other player younger than him.

Anyway, regardless.....happy 21st to what still remains an amazing place to those of us that had ‘done our time’ at Elm Park (RIP)

Singing Defective

Re: 21 not out

by Singing Defective » 15 Sep 2019 18:30

AthleticoSpizz Probably wasting my time here (as usual, starting threads and all that...hi brendy) but......

It may have escaped a few peoples attention (some probably weren’t even born or contemplated supporting their local team back then here) but, it is (just over) 21 years since our first match at the Mad-Stad.

In 2005 sometime during that season, and for the kids that were born in ‘98, the club (or was it STAR?) mainly hosted by Steve Sidwell, handed out bespoke football shirts to all Reading 7 year olds that attended the evening presentation (we still have my lads one tucked away somewhere....bids welcome :wink: )...which was basically, a blue Reading badged Arsenal type shirt with a big 7 on the back

Would love to march my lad down for his ‘21 shirt’ presentation from Danny Loader or some other player younger than him.

Anyway, regardless.....happy 21st to what still remains an amazing place to those of us that had ‘done our time’ at Elm Park (RIP)

Yep, great stadium, especially now there’s decent food outside on match days, which was the only real downside. That and the PA system, that seemed louder playing The Big Bad Wolf and Sirius than it does nowadays on Caroline.

I think it’s an amazing place, so does my son, and he appeared 5 years after the last EP game. All it needs is another 8k supporters to turn up.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Sep 2019 19:54

Did they do anything for 14 then?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Sep 2019 20:15

No (obvs)

14 is a pretty insignificant benchmark ( and :| )

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Sep 2019 09:10

This is more general information rather than club policy.

Team thread :arrow:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Sep 2019 19:14

Old Man Andrews This is more general information rather than club policy.

in the interests of keeping OMA happy, mods, please relocate/delete this thread.

20 years in and still getting it wrong :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Sep 2019 20:10

AthleticoSpizz
Old Man Andrews This is more general information rather than club policy.

in the interests of keeping OMA happy, mods, please relocate/delete this thread.

20 years in and still getting it wrong :lol:

I am now satisfied completely.

Keep fighting the good fight champ. :D

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Sep 2019 10:09

AthleticoSpizz 20 years in and still getting it wrong :lol:
Fcuk off newbie!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Sep 2019 11:12

AthleticoSpizz Probably wasting my time here (as usual, starting threads and all that...hi brendy) but......

No one knows what you're talking about.

Why would a club make a special song and dance about 21 years? Nice round number that!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Sep 2019 12:06

John Smith

Why would a club make a special song and dance about 21 years? Nice round number that!
Just a little light-hearted reminiscence, 7 years was deemed to be a significant number, so why not 21?

Maybe there are a few others here that were there 14 years ago who had since forgotten the clubs generous event? Evidently not.

A bit of bantz that’s all....calm down to a seethe m8....no harm done....thanks for posting :lol:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Sep 2019 14:08

AthleticoSpizz
John Smith

Just a little light-hearted reminiscence, 7 years was deemed to be a significant number, so why not 21?

Maybe there are a few others here that were there 14 years ago who had since forgotten the clubs generous event? Evidently not.

A bit of bantz that’s all....calm down to a seethe m8....no harm done....thanks for posting :lol:

I think you may very well have lost the plot. Are you OK? I would like to help if I can

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Sep 2019 14:24

:lol:

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 20 Sep 2019 15:12

Great stadium, still loving it 20 years on

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 23 Sep 2019 13:09

My son was one of the seven-year-olds that was given a shirt by Steve Sidwell that evening. He will be 21 later this week, is now a qualified football coach, working in schools in Sussex and running an under 9s team. It's fair to say he's a bit more talkative than he was when SS gave him the shirt, they just looked at each other and that was that! Oh, and he is still a STH.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Sep 2019 16:00

That’s the spirit EGR :D

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1