This is Poor

krapmle

Re: This is Poor

by krapmle » 15 Sep 2019 11:57

Really, a better performance than against Charlton?
did you watch the game or are you actually quoting BBC match report statistics?

So lets take the last away game. Was yesterday better than against Huddersfield?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2019 12:06

krapmle Really, a better performance than against Charlton?
did you watch the game or are you actually quoting BBC match report statistics?

So lets take the last away game. Was yesterday better than against Huddersfield?

There go the goalposts.

krapmle

by krapmle » 15 Sep 2019 12:16

the goalposts are very fixed.

are you a politician snowflake?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Sep 2019 14:38

As a side-dish, that’s a decent avatar/pic. krapmle

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Sep 2019 14:50

Yeah, can easily cope with poor when we've been utterly diabolical within the last 18 months. Since relegation in 2013, we've had two play-off or thereabouts campaigns, one mixed bag (safely midtable until the end of the cuprun and the arse fell out of the side), and three relegation fights. The last two seasons have been desperate stuff.

I don't think we're in 'desperate stuff' land, but yes, it is still a learning curve for manager and squad.
Last edited by stealthpapes on 15 Sep 2019 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Sep 2019 14:52

However, as a side point, there was a line I do agree with -

"if you don't get near the ball for the first 30 mins or so (v WBA and v Huddersfield) we will be 2-0 down at half time with the game gone. I hope this happens at the moment due to the team still settling in."

I have a fear that we're very negative/cagey in the first 10-15 of games. Even Cardiff had most of the ball in the opening of that game. We did well vs them and WBA in drawing the sting out of their opening before getting them on the break, but it's not always going to be like that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Sep 2019 16:48

krapmle Ok, I have seen every game this season so far and now is enough. This team is poor.
IMHO I think its the manager and his tactics that are not up to standard as the players have shown themselves to be quite skilful.

The substitutions were awful and the team immediately lost all structure.
This nonsense with goal kicks makes us a liability.

Something needs to change and quick or its 2nd division next season

Worst trolling ever.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Sep 2019 21:20

krapmle Something needs to change and quick or its 2nd division next season

We're already in the 2nd Division.

krapmle

by krapmle » 15 Sep 2019 21:40

I have a fear that we're very negative/cagey in the first 10-15 of games. Even Cardiff had most of the ball in the opening of that game. We did well vs them and WBA in drawing the sting out of their opening before getting them on the break, but it's not always going to be like that.

I hope you are right on that but the same happened against Boro. And to be clear, its not the losing, its not even about getting relegated. Most of my Reading experience has been lower divisions anyway. I followed them through it all, even finishing almost bottom of Division 4.
This is about seeing some very worrying signs already. I hope I am wrong.

2 world wars 1 world cup

what a childish name. But if you let me know what trolling is I might be able to confirm whether its the worst ever or not.

seems there is someone else who doesn't wear rose tinted glasses
https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gomes-playing-risky-game-reading-16921151

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 15 Sep 2019 22:07

krapmle

I hope you are right on that but the same happened against Boro. And to be clear, its not the losing, its not even about getting relegated. Most of my Reading experience has been lower divisions anyway. I followed them through it all, even finishing almost bottom of Division 4.
This is about seeing some very worrying signs already. I hope I am wrong.

2 world wars 1 world cup

what a childish name. But if you let me know what trolling is I might be able to confirm whether its the worst ever or not.

seems there is someone else who doesn't wear rose tinted glasses
https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gomes-playing-risky-game-reading-16921151

I shouldn't bite, but I have. You refer to "finishing almost bottom of Division 4". You are, of course, referring to the 1971-72 season where we finished 16th in the 4th tier (hardly almost bottom). And that what was our only ever season finishing in the bottom half of the lowest tier.

So therefore, you must have been watching Reading for close to 50 years. And you seriously believe that there are currently worrying signs ?? REALLY ??

4th tier football was worrying. Maxwell was worrying. Almost being relegated to the 4th tier circa 1989/90 was worrying. Sir John having to bale us out financially in the early 1990s was worrying. Average home crowds of circa 3,000 was worrying.

I bit. Shouldn't have. Blame the ale. One of THE WORST EVER THREADS ON HOBNOB IN HISTORY. Your trolling is horrendous, but enjoy your day in class tomorrow.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Sep 2019 22:44

krapmle
2 world wars 1 world cup

Agreed. Old in joke. Admin still not replied for a change. You there???

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Sep 2019 09:40

SCIAG
krapmle Something needs to change and quick or its 2nd division next season

We're already in the 2nd Division.

I'm glad someone else said this.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Sep 2019 11:00

FiNeRaIn There's been improvement under Gomes reign but he is not the messiah. We will finish higher than last season but tactically he is not very good and his substitutions are sometimes bizarre.
On a positive note, he does seem to recognise his mistakes and has shown he can be flexible where necessary with tactics to match the players at his disposal (5 at the back) and not set in his ways with a rigid formation or playing style, he also isn't afraid to make decisions.

We have improved, but it's a results game - If we're around the relegation area at Christmas his job may be at risk, but.... I don't see any better realistic alternatives.

The convincing win against Cardiff seems to have set everyone's expectations too high - I remember leaving that game thinking if we can do that every week we'll be champions :oops: :roll:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Sep 2019 17:36

Yep very much agree. Nothing better out there and any improvement is progress. You are right about Cardiff, pretty much a freak result in all honesty. I didn't expect that type of performance every week, but I expected us to show we are capable long term and look harder to beat. We've gone back to the stage where we don't look like we are ever going to score again, despite having a few decent strikers.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Sep 2019 17:38

FiNeRaIn Yep very much agree. Nothing better out there and any improvement is progress. You are right about Cardiff, pretty much a freak result in all honesty. I didn't expect that type of performance every week, but I expected us to show we are capable long term and look harder to beat. We've gone back to the stage where we don't look like we are ever going to score again, despite having a few decent strikers.

Odd then, that their 'keeper was included in team of the week if we didn't look like scoring.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Sep 2019 17:44

It's not odd at all, people keep using that as an excuse. Put the ball where he can't save it, thats what top strikers do...

If the keeper is MOTM against us every week there is no point complaining, just get on with it? Be better than them, no excuses.

krapmle

by krapmle » 16 Sep 2019 19:23

Thank you to those who have replied in a normal manner. Never ceases to amaze me why people feel the need to be abusive and ignorant right from the off. I hope they don't behave like that socially.

Puscas goal is up for goal of the month on skysports.com. 2nd place at the moment, get voting!!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ugust-vote

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Sep 2019 08:55

FiNeRaIn It's not odd at all, people keep using that as an excuse. Put the ball where he can't save it, thats what top strikers do...

If the keeper is MOTM against us every week there is no point complaining, just get on with it? Be better than them, no excuses.

Nice and easy then :|

https://twitter.com/GKClips/status/1173560734602674176

krapmle

by krapmle » 21 Sep 2019 16:57

and it gets worse, but its no surprise the signs were there weeks ago.
The scoreline flattered Reading, extremely poor.

Positives: Ejaria, Obita and Yiadom

WTRoyal

by WTRoyal » 21 Sep 2019 22:12

krapmle and it gets worse, but its no surprise the signs were there weeks ago.
The scoreline flattered Reading, extremely poor.

Positives: Ejaria, Obita and Yiadom

You may not be incorrect but you really should have "fol-de-rol" as your signature.