BFTG Boro

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Boro

by leon » 16 Sep 2019 14:32

Hound
karbota
SCIAG You said Ian said Rakels would score 20 goals.
In the post you've quoted, Ian explicitly says Rakels won't score 20 goals.

Given than Rakels suffered a freak injury in the first game of the season, he doesn't seem like the best example to bring up? Maybe go for people who were excited about Sone Aluko.

Suggest you go to spec savers Sciag.

Double figures for Denis but can't see him breaking 20.

And why do they always start some rubbish beef with Ian? Its like he is some troll magnet

For the life of me I can’t i can’t work it out.

Danny Nedelko

by Danny Nedelko » 16 Sep 2019 16:51

I can't hear Tim Dellor's voice, or even his name being mentioned, without punching the nearest cat in the face.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 16 Sep 2019 18:41

The problem I have with Gomes is that for two games running he has ramped up the attack at the expense of midfield,when we were only one nil down.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 16 Sep 2019 20:10

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
10539.4 Miles Away
I was listening to the Berks commentary during the game and any of this "Sack Gomes" nonsense starts fairly and squarely at Tim Dellors door, I couldn't believe it when shortly after we conceded he began musing along the lines of "I'm not saying he should be underpressure but do you think he might be worrying about his job" "The bench hasn't been the usual calm sharp Italian suit from Gomes today, he looks rattled, maybe he's under pressure" and on and on. I really wish there was an alternative to listening to them.

Dim Tellor has had it in for our 'Portuguese' manager and his 'Portuguese' coaching staff (plus our 'Chinese' owners) ever since his hero - 'really nice, honest guy' - Paul Clement was sacked. Tellor remains convinced that Clement should've been allowed more time to complete the job (IMO taking us down with barely a whimper).

I hope you say the same thing if we're struggling in a dozen games time and Gomes gets the boot.

Tim can see it, I can see it, things dont look rosy.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Sep 2019 23:59

leon
Hound
karbota
Suggest you go to spec savers Sciag.

Double figures for Denis but can't see him breaking 20.

And why do they always start some rubbish beef with Ian? Its like he is some troll magnet

For the life of me I can’t i can’t work it out.

It's quite the mystery
:D

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 17 Sep 2019 04:56

karbota
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Dim Tellor has had it in for our 'Portuguese' manager and his 'Portuguese' coaching staff (plus our 'Chinese' owners) ever since his hero - 'really nice, honest guy' - Paul Clement was sacked. Tellor remains convinced that Clement should've been allowed more time to complete the job (IMO taking us down with barely a whimper).

I hope you say the same thing if we're struggling in a dozen games time and Gomes gets the boot.

Tim can see it, I can see it, things dont look rosy.

Phew. Was beginning to worry I had misread the whole situation but if you are agreeing with Dellor then I know I'm fine.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Sep 2019 08:52

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Rafa 5. Controversial I know, but this is a discussion forum and it’d be boring with no controversy. Great saves, good command all game but I couldn’t work out, and still can’t work out, how he let that goal in.

WTF are you on about 2ww? Rafa did great in goal as usual. He thought the striker was going to tap it in so positioned himself for that but was wrongfooted when the ball just went straight through. Any keeper could do it.

(Trying to generate discussion but not working, so I'll discuss with myself :( )

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Sep 2019 09:25

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
10539.4 Miles Away
I was listening to the Berks commentary during the game and any of this "Sack Gomes" nonsense starts fairly and squarely at Tim Dellors door, I couldn't believe it when shortly after we conceded he began musing along the lines of "I'm not saying he should be underpressure but do you think he might be worrying about his job" "The bench hasn't been the usual calm sharp Italian suit from Gomes today, he looks rattled, maybe he's under pressure" and on and on. I really wish there was an alternative to listening to them.

If Gomes and his team fail (I don't think they will), it will have nothing to do with their nationality. Furthermore, we will still be in a better place than we were heading under Tellor's English hero Clem the Clown. I'm fed up with the witch hunts that Tellor embarks on every season. Furthermore his emphasis on the nationality of the management/coaching team and our owners was irrelevant, unnecessary and stank of a 'Little Englander' mentality.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Sep 2019 09:39

Dellor doesn't strike me as a racist or someone with a little Englander mentality.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Sep 2019 09:48

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

If Gomes and his team fail (I don't think they will), it will have nothing to do with their nationality. Furthermore, we will still be in a better place than we were heading under Tellor's English hero Clem the Clown. I'm fed up with the witch hunts that Tellor embarks on every season. Furthermore his emphasis on the nationality of the management/coaching team and our owners was irrelevant, unnecessary and stank of a 'Little Englander' mentality.

Yes, I mean you sound so objective and sane with your rant about "Dim Teller" being a xenophobic "Little Englander". Made all the better by your past behaviour ranting about others at the club who were perfectly successful.

IF Gomes was to perform badly and get sacked because we're heading towards relegation (I think it unlikely too) it's hard to see how he'd have left us in any better position than Clement. The difference would be the work of Howe over Gourlay.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Sep 2019 09:51

2 world wars, 1 world cup Dellor doesn't strike me as a racist or someone with a little Englander mentality.

Me neither but (and it's a big but) he does continually get black Reading players names mixed up. That's not racist in and of itself but it does strike me as something he really should be looking to fix.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Sep 2019 10:03

NewCorkSeth
2 world wars, 1 world cup Dellor doesn't strike me as a racist or someone with a little Englander mentality.

Me neither but (and it's a big but) he does continually get black Reading players names mixed up. That's not racist in and of itself but it does strike me as something he really should be looking to fix.

Totally unrelated, but agree.

I pride myself in breaking racists' noses on the streets growing up and would relish the opportunity to do so again, but I make that mistake all the time, just like Dellor. As I do with white players etc.. Easy mistake to make. Totally unrelated but yes, of course, he should try to sort it for his own good given his job.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Sep 2019 10:13

NewCorkSeth

I pride myself in breaking racists' noses on the streets growing up and would relish the opportunity to do so again, but I make that mistake all the time, just like Dellor. As I do with white players etc.. Easy mistake to make. Totally unrelated but yes, of course, he should try to sort it for his own good given his job.

My partner told me I should write a complaint about it (as she often sits there listening to me shout "that's not Pele that's Ejaria" at the screen) but I dont see the point. It bothers me because it's his job to commentate. I know for a fact if I had to commentate a match I would make the exact same mistakes.

I have only met a few racists (that I knew were racist) and I have never attempted to break their noses. Just cut them out of my life.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Sep 2019 10:21

NewCorkSeth
NewCorkSeth Me neither but (and it's a big but) he does continually get black Reading players names mixed up. That's not racist in and of itself but it does strike me as something he really should be looking to fix.

My partner told me I should write a complaint about it (as she often sits there listening to me shout "that's not Pele that's Ejaria" at the screen) but I dont see the point. It bothers me because it's his job to commentate. I know for a fact if I had to commentate a match I would make the exact same mistakes.

Yeah exactly we all do it. But... having defended him... how on earth would you get short stocky Pele mixed up with the lanky Inspector Gadget!? That's just being dumb!

NewCorkSeth I have only met a few racists (that I knew were racist) and I have never attempted to break their noses. Just cut them out of my life.

Rightly so. But when they're coming at your black friends/family on the streets trying to beat them up, you either run away or use your fists.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Sep 2019 10:25

Yeah exactly we all do it. But... having defended him... how on earth would you get short stocky Pele mixed up with the lanky Inspector Gadget!? That's just being dumb!

No idea. Last season it was Ejaria and Blackett (similar haircuts) so far this season there was been problems with Rinomhota, Yiadom, Pele and Ejaria in any combination you care to think of.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Sep 2019 19:01

Imagine hating someone's commentary so much that you accuse them of racism :lol: .

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Sep 2019 19:12

sandman Imagine hating someone's commentary so much that you accuse them of racism :lol: .

Me? Or royal blue?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Sep 2019 19:17

NewCorkSeth
sandman Imagine hating someone's commentary so much that you accuse them of racism :lol: .

Me? Or royal blue?

I think you can rest easy.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Sep 2019 19:20

NewCorkSeth

Me? Or royal blue?

The constantly angry one.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Sep 2019 19:43

sandman
NewCorkSeth

Me? Or royal blue?

The constantly angry one.

:o how did you know that I'm constantly angry?