Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
Ranger_762

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by Ranger_762 » 26 Aug 2019 15:27

Hound
Lower West One wonders if Obita will ever return.

In full training apparently. We’ll see though

Eh, I'm starting to think he'll constantly be doing something else and that there's going to be much water under the bridges before we see him playing again...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Sep 2019 08:06

So, looking at the squad now the transfer window dust has settled we have

01 Sam Walker
02 Chris Gunter
04 Michael Morrison
05 Matt Miazga (on loan from Chelsea)
06 Liam Moore (captain)
08 Andy Rinomhota
09 Sam Baldock
10 John Swift
11 Jordan Obita
12 Garath McCleary
14 Ovie Ejaria (on loan from Liverpool - is there an obligation to buy at end of loan?)
15 Danny Loader
16 Tom McIntyre
17 Andy Yiadom
18 Lucas Boyé (on loan from Torino)
19 Yakou Méïté
20 João Virgínia (on loan from Everton)
21 Michael Olise
22 Teddy Howe
24 Tyler Blackett
26 Charlie Adam
27 Omar Richards
29 Judilson Mamadu Tuncará Gomes “Pelé” (on loan from AS Monaco)
31 Lucas João
32 Ryan East
33 Rafael Cabral
34 Gabriel Osho
35 Akinwale Odimayo
36 Ramarni Medford-Smith
37 Tyler Frost
38 Thierry Nevers
39 Josh Barrett
40 Jökull Andrésson
41 Ethan Coleman
47 George Pușcaș

And out on loan

07 Modou Barrow (Denizlispor until end of the season, possible obligation to buy?)
25 Adrian Popa (FCSB until end of season)
28 Jordan Holsgrove (Atlético Baleares until end of season)
29 Marc McNulty (Sunderland until end of season)
30 Tennai Watson (Coventry City until 2 January)
44 Tom Holmes (K.S.V. Roeselare until end of season)
— Luke Southwood (Hamilton Academical until 5 January)
— Myles Roberts (Tonbridge Angels)
— Vito Mannone (Minnesota United until 30 January 2020 - believe there is then an obligation to buy)
— Sone Aluko (Beijing Renhe until 23 November, some sources suggest he’s already returned, perhaps injured?)
— Sam Smith (Cambridge United until end of season)

Current contract believed to expire in June 2020

Unsure when Danny Loader’s contract expires. I thought it was 2020 but it might be 2022

Looking forward to the day when Reading’s backline finally includes Holmes & Watson

Anyone know when the team photo scheduled?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Sep 2019 09:06

I think Roberts played for the U23 the other night didn't he?

Loader is ooc at the end of this season

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Sep 2019 14:03

Hound I think Roberts played for the U23 the other night didn't he?

Myles must have completed his loan then. He played v Havant & W on 24 Aug

Re Danny, did some checking on transfermarkt website and they have June 2022 down as his contract expiry. Don’t know how reliable the site is of course so I’ll agree on June 2020 until proven otherwise

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 04 Sep 2019 15:32

Sutekh

Re Danny, did some checking on transfermarkt website and they have June 2022 down as his contract expiry. Don’t know how reliable the site is of course so I’ll agree on June 2020 until proven otherwise

Loader is an interesting one as when the BBC reported on deadline day that he was in the last year of his contract I was surprised as I thought he had longer than that. Transfermarkt is excellent imo so i'm inclined to believe that, and we'd surely get a fee under a tribunal for him anyway wouldn't we?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 04 Sep 2019 16:08

KC Royal
Sutekh

Loader is an interesting one as when the BBC reported on deadline day that he was in the last year of his contract I was surprised as I thought he had longer than that. Transfermarkt is excellent imo so i'm inclined to believe that, and we'd surely get a fee under a tribunal for him anyway wouldn't we?

Haven't tribunals been abolished by the whole football academy thing now - with its set compensation based on number of years?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 04 Sep 2019 16:13

muirinho
KC Royal
Sutekh

Haven't tribunals been abolished by the whole football academy thing now - with its set compensation based on number of years?

Wasn't aware of that if that is the case.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Sep 2019 16:30

Of the ooc players, Obita is the only one I'd definitely offer a contract, as long as he maintains fitness, along with maybe Blackett and East. However, the progress of McIntyre and Richards may make Blackett surplus to requirements.

I wouldn't rely on Transfermarkt for contracts. It's not always great with renewals or extensions.

Loader signed his first contract in 2017 and I believe we cannot offer more than 3 years to a player under 18. Can't find anything to suggest he's signed an extension.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Sep 2019 17:05

KC Royal
Sutekh

Well, it was discussed in here over the Summer, and think consensus was that it does indeed expire next year.
Think it would have been highly unusual back then (even for Gourlay) to give a grad a 5 year pro deal (i.e. thru 2022).
So, assume it expires end of this season (and partly why we were interested in selling him to Wolves a few weeks ago).
From most reports, he has shown little or no desire to sign a new contract here (an issue that likely wouldn't even have arisen yet, if he still currently had 3 years left on his deal).

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 06 Sep 2019 12:44

Denver Royal
KC Royal
Sutekh

Well, it was discussed in here over the Summer, and think consensus was that it does indeed expire next year.
Think it would have been highly unusual back then (even for Gourlay) to give a grad a 5 year pro deal (i.e. thru 2022).
So, assume it expires end of this season (and partly why we were interested in selling him to Wolves a few weeks ago).
From most reports, he has shown little or no desire to sign a new contract here (an issue that likely wouldn't even have arisen yet, if he still currently had 3 years left on his deal).

Apologies, I think it was the deal he signed in 2017 (mentioned above your post) that I was thinking of.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Sep 2019 18:31

Team photo taken today. For anyone wondering, Morrison was on a coaching course and Loader was ill and that explains their omission. As for Gunter and McCleary, they don’t exactly look happy!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2019 20:37

Ha, yep Garath and Gunter look well happy in it :)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Sep 2019 10:22

They arrived separately from the rest of the squad as well apparently which is pretty ridiculous IMO

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Sep 2019 10:39

URZZZZ They arrived separately from the rest of the squad as well apparently which is pretty ridiculous IMO

I heard that too, they are not in the squad I know but it`s very disappointing the way they are being treated.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Sep 2019 11:47

windermereROYAL
URZZZZ They arrived separately from the rest of the squad as well apparently which is pretty ridiculous IMO

I heard that too, they are not in the squad I know but it`s very disappointing the way they are being treated.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... m-16941894
Jonanthan Low First to arrive for the shoot were exiled first-team pair Garath McCleary and Chris Gunter.

In another indication of how far they have been moved away from the first team, they were not allowed to join the rest of the squad on the coach over from Hogwood and had to make their own way over to the site.

It was McCleary who had taken the responsibility of driving himself and best pal Gunter.

The pair then had their head shots taken by club photographers after they missed out on having them done the first time around earlier this summer.

After a short wait, the rest of the squad and coaching staff arrived in the team bus and made their way over to the end of the first team 'show' pitch to have the photo done.

Sam Baldock, who was initially exiled from the first-team set-up over the summer but integrated back in, was first to go over and greet McCleary, while Sam Walker shared a few words with Gunter.

Sounds a bit pathetic, unless McLeary and Gunter went straight there from home due to being on a different training regime and everyone else came straight from the current training ground or perhaps they get to go straight home after as they're not needed back at the old ground?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Sep 2019 12:05

I'm not too sure why they are in the team photo tbh, being as they aren't going to play for us again

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Sep 2019 13:58

Forbury Lion
windermereROYAL

Jonanthan Low First to arrive for the shoot were exiled first-team pair Garath McCleary and Chris Gunter.

In another indication of how far they have been moved away from the first team, they were not allowed to join the rest of the squad on the coach over from Hogwood and had to make their own way over to the site.

It was McCleary who had taken the responsibility of driving himself and best pal Gunter.

The pair then had their head shots taken by club photographers after they missed out on having them done the first time around earlier this summer.

After a short wait, the rest of the squad and coaching staff arrived in the team bus and made their way over to the end of the first team 'show' pitch to have the photo done.

Sam Baldock, who was initially exiled from the first-team set-up over the summer but integrated back in, was first to go over and greet McCleary, while Sam Walker shared a few words with Gunter.

Sounds a bit pathetic, unless McLeary and Gunter went straight there from home due to being on a different training regime and everyone else came straight from the current training ground or perhaps they get to go straight home after as they're not needed back at the old ground?

I know I bite every time but for the love of god is McCleary. 2 muthafucking "c"s

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 19 Sep 2019 14:53

NewCorkSeth I know I bite every time but for the love of god is McCleary. 2 muthafucking "c"s

You type McLeary and I type McCleary
You type Llori and I type Ilori
Atkins, Adkins, Gomez, Gomes
Let's call the whole thing off!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 19 Sep 2019 17:39

Forbury Lion
windermereROYAL

They came separately as they train with the U23s who had a day off. JLow has now updated the article, as highlighted by Gunter in this tweet.
https://twitter.com/Chrisgunter16/statu ... 6914401282
Pleased to see you’ve done some research and updated the article. Even though the truth normally isn’t as exciting, it’s probably better to state the facts.

No love lost there, is there?

New text:
In another indication of how far they have been moved away from the first team, they arrived on site of their own accord as the U23s squad - who they are training with - had the day off.

It meant they were not with the rest of their senior teammates on the coach over from Hogwood and had to make their own way over directly to the site.

Quite a difference from "not allowed to join"

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Sep 2019 17:47

muirinho
Forbury Lion
windermereROYAL

They came separately as they train with the U23s who had a day off. JLow has now updated the article, as highlighted by Gunter in this tweet.
https://twitter.com/Chrisgunter16/statu ... 6914401282
Pleased to see you’ve done some research and updated the article. Even though the truth normally isn’t as exciting, it’s probably better to state the facts.

No love lost there, is there?

New text:
In another indication of how far they have been moved away from the first team, they arrived on site of their own accord as the U23s squad - who they are training with - had the day off.

It meant they were not with the rest of their senior teammates on the coach over from Hogwood and had to make their own way over directly to the site.

Quite a difference from "not allowed to join"

Assumed it would've been something normal like this, but the days of everyone jumping to negative conclusions are very much here.

1826 posts