MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (h) sponsored by a point off Europe

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (h) sponsored by a point off Europe

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 17:23

Hound McIntyre 6 :?

Pele was better than a 2 but not by much. Otherwise about right

Thought all the problems came down our right hand side, yet again. I'll give him more leeway than experienced pros like Moore as he's in the deep end right now and getting proper shafted but holding up okish.

Likewise, on Obita, first game back in 2 years. Solid enough. Can't expect him fully match fit and ready.

Pele lost at least 2 marks for doing absolutely nothing to mark anyone or press the ball in the last 10 minutes.

If Swift hadn't scored he'd be in the negatives.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Sep 2019 17:24

krapmle hahaha, snowflake you are not a hypocrite by any chance?
proper toddler toy throwing there. Where is that improvement you claimed last week?

The joys of being anonymous on the web hey.

Too right, DD.
Last edited by sandman on 21 Sep 2019 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Sep 2019 17:24

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ Rafael - 6

Yiadom - 4
Moore - 3
Morrison - 6
McIntyre - 6
Obita - 6

Pele - 2
Swift - 3
Ejaria - 4

Joao - 0
Puscas - 5

Meite - 5
Blackett - 6

McIntyre miles out of his depth. That was one of the worst striker performances I’ve ever seen from Joao. Baldock must be wondering what he has to do to get in

Unsurprisingly going to disagree a lot there. Replaced with my scores.

McIntyre was a disaster

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2019 17:27

Swift just had a bad game - it happens. He still looked out most likely source of a goal, and did get one himself. Wrong to point to much blame his way imo

Blackburn quit easily worked us out. Huge space behind the FBs, stop is trying to pass it into Swift/Ejaria in midfield. We had no answer to it and Gomes didn’t solve the problem

Actually thinking back Obita and Yiadom has reasonable second halves - Yiadom bordering on good. But they may as well not been there first half

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 17:30

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ Rafael - 6

Yiadom - 4
Moore - 3
Morrison - 6
McIntyre - 6
Obita - 6

Pele - 2
Swift - 3
Ejaria - 4

Joao - 0
Puscas - 5

Meite - 5
Blackett - 6

McIntyre miles out of his depth. That was one of the worst striker performances I’ve ever seen from Joao. Baldock must be wondering what he has to do to get in

Unsurprisingly going to disagree a lot there. Replaced with my scores.

McIntyre was a disaster

We're not going to see eye to eye on this. Give me McIntyre over the captain any day right now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 17:30

Hound Swift just had a bad game - it happens. He still looked out most likely source of a goal, and did get one himself. Wrong to point to much blame his way imo

Blackburn quit easily worked us out. Huge space behind the FBs, stop is trying to pass it into Swift/Ejaria in midfield. We had no answer to it and Gomes didn’t solve the problem

Actually thinking back Obita and Yiadom has reasonable second halves - Yiadom bordering on good. But they may as well not been there first half

30 times a season for Swift.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Sep 2019 17:31

Snowflake Royal

Thought all the problems came down our right hand side, yet again. I'll give him more leeway than experienced pros like Moore as he's in the deep end right now and getting proper shafted but holding up okish.

Likewise, on Obita, first game back in 2 years. Solid enough. Can't expect him fully match fit and ready.

Pele lost at least 2 marks for doing absolutely nothing to mark anyone or press the ball in the last 10 minutes.

McIntyre was the worst of the 3 CBs imo. Really poor from him and he did nothing to deserve any leeway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 17:33

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

McIntyre was the worst of the 3 CBs imo. Really poor from him and he did nothing to deserve any leeway.

That casual flick to Obita in the first half was worth 3 marks alone.

Does seem to have gone to the Chris Gunter school of pressing the ball though, I'll give you that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2019 17:34

Snowflake Royal
Hound Swift just had a bad game - it happens. He still looked out most likely source of a goal, and did get one himself. Wrong to point to much blame his way imo

Well he’s been far and away our best player this season

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2019 17:35

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Thought all the problems came down our right hand side, yet again. I'll give him more leeway than experienced pros like Moore as he's in the deep end right now and getting proper shafted but holding up okish.

Does seem to have gone to the Chris Gunter school of pressing the ball though, I'll give you that.

Think that was miskick from my angle :)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 17:36

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Well he’s been far and away our best player this season

38 opportunities to get the other 29 in though.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Sep 2019 17:36

Shocking, inept, slow, poor, lazy, no fight and somewhat passionless are the minutiae to describe that display.

My ratings

Rafael - 4. No blame for first goal. 2nd was embarrassing. Distribution all over the place

Yiadom - 5. Ran lots but average

Moore - 5. Another poor display. With Morrison possibly out, his performances need to improve

Morrison - 4. Poor display.

McIntyre - 4. Off day for him

Obita - 6 did ok, still looks off the pace

Pele - 3 didn't notice him

Swift - 3 had an utter shocker. Gets an extra point for the goal.

Ejaria - 5 he didn't get the ball enough

Joao - 2 what is the point

Puscas - 4. Didn't do much wrong but didn't do much right

Meite - 3 wasn't a threat. Limited player

Blackett - 6 did ok

As a team no one moved into the space, no one wanted to be near the ball, when we got the ball we found the knack of gifting it back to the opposition.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Blackburn. They're a good club with some nice fans but they were really average and they didn't have to work hard for that. It makes that performance even more disappointing. A Swansea or Leeds would have put 5 or 6 past us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 17:37

Hound
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth McIntyre was the worst of the 3 CBs imo. Really poor from him and he did nothing to deserve any leeway.

Think that was miskick from my angle :)

Never in a million years. Totally deliberate and on a par with Pearce's step over at Doncaster.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Sep 2019 17:39

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Thought all the problems came down our right hand side, yet again. I'll give him more leeway than experienced pros like Moore as he's in the deep end right now and getting proper shafted but holding up okish.

I like him and all but his inexperience is showing. I'm not going to have a go at him on social media or anything but he is almost always to tight or too far from his man, particularly during counter attacks. In possession he is fine. His passing is fine and he looks more composed when bringing the ball forward than Moore and Morrison (although his passing was shocking today) but at the end of the day I have to judge him on his defensive contributions and they were sorely lacking today.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Sep 2019 17:42

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth McIntyre was the worst of the 3 CBs imo. Really poor from him and he did nothing to deserve any leeway.

I like him and all but his inexperience is showing. I'm not going to have a go at him on social media or anything but he is almost always to tight or too far from his man, particularly during counter attacks. In possession he is fine. His passing is fine and he looks more composed when bringing the ball forward than Moore and Morrison (although his passing was shocking today) but at the end of the day I have to judge him on his defensive contributions and they were sorely lacking today.

Clearly at fault for both goals. Don’t think we’ll see him play for a while now, especially if we revert back to a 4. Blackett, Miazga, Moore and Morrison should all be ahead of him for the CB spot

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Sep 2019 17:44

I think to add to my post.

I think we need to scrap 3 at the back at home. It's good away when you want to keep it tight but at home, it gives the opposition the initiative to come at you. Blackburn were all over us and we were the home side. Having the extra midfielder helps us. It might work for the odd team who pack the midfield like Fulham. For the Preston game we need to play a 4-3-3.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2019 17:45

Have to say I want to see the back of 3 CBs after that as well

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 17:46

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal That casual flick to Obita in the first half was worth 3 marks alone.

Clearly at fault for both goals. Don’t think we’ll see him play for a while now, especially if we revert back to a 4. Blackett, Miazga, Moore and Morrison should all be ahead of him for the CB spot

The complete lack of any presence from Moore and Yiadom more at fault for the first. Acres of space to shoot. Yes, failed to close his man down in the build up though.

Not sure on the second, right in front of me but it was such a mess.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 21 Sep 2019 17:49

Puscas was terrible. Mind you so were several others.
Top striker my Arse.
Surprised he stayed on as long as he did.
Swift and Ejaria were poor because they were closed down. Stop those two and we are toothless.

Blackburn did their homework, we quite obviously didn't. Poor Management Im afraid

Deserved nothing and got nothing.
Shocking!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2019 17:52

Puscas did quite well at times I thought - the service to him was rancid but he made the right runs