BFT whatever the hell that was

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFT whatever the hell that was

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2019 17:37

Utterly dreadful tripe. Anyone else want to hazard a guess at what it was ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT whatever the hell that was

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 17:43

Look up 'brilliant' in a thesaurus and then go down to antonyms.

Inept in every way. Insipid.

Puscas and Meite thrive on crosses. It took until about the 75th minute before I saw a decent early cross.

At least Obita knows how to put one in. Yiadom spends the game trying to be Messi. Just cross the oxf*rd ball!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Sep 2019 17:54

Don’t want to see Joao in a Reading shirt again. Can’t stand people that throw themselves to the floor and he kept doing it. Meite was poor but Joao was a disgrace to the shirt

Yiadom is a terrible wingback. He can’t cross for his life. And Obita over Richards was ridiculous, Richards must feel aggrieved

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Sep 2019 17:55

Rafael - Was really poor. Probably joint worst player on the pitch.
Moore - Can't believe it but he seems to be getting worse. Maybe its the passing game hes being asked to play? On paper this is the bst defence he has played with for us and hes doing worse. Mental.
Morrison - Poor. Unlucky with the card I think but thats how it goes with refs in the champ. Hope hes not out long.
McIntyre - Obviously trying to play like new Moore.. Rarely did something right. Second goal was a joke and he made it happen.
Pele - Probably the worst player on the pitch. It was very much like his first game for us. He just refused to track back and spent half his time watching Blackburn players pile into the box. Rinomhota back in please.
Ejaria - Anonymous up until the second half after their second goal. Then he started pulling out all the tricks.
Swift - Good goal, poor game. First half was abysmal. Second half he did better but whatever.
Yiadom - Slow start but I think he was probably our joint best player? He needs to cross properly though. Stop that cutting in and blasting it over nonsense.
Obita - Speaking of crossing properly, welcome back Obita! He did fine. Joint best player for us.
Joao - Oof. I still dont know if he was poor or Blackburn just made him look poor. I mean he got shit service all game but on the few times he got a good ball he looked likely to start something (except for that abysmal pass for Puscas he had all day to pick out)
Puscas - Poor again. He needs to score soon. But equally Gomes needs to start picking a regualr oxf*rd starting 11 so players can find form.

Meite - Did fine.
Blackett - Meh.
Boye - Why with 6 minutes left? Like, what the oxf*rd could the biggest waster of chances in the team do in 6 minutes?

Mowbray had our number. They pressed our CMs fast and in numbers. No striker coming deep to offer a forward outlet and Pele roaming about wherever he wanted meant we not only lost the ball a lot but also we won very few second balls as Blackburn players were unopposed in space.

Gomes needs to get his act together sharpish and realise we cant have 7 players waiting to attack at all times. Someone needs to work on retaining possession. I genuinely think the lack of leadership in midfield is killing us. Someone needs to be talking to Ejaria, Pele and Swift. Telling them where to be and who to mark. God I miss Baker.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2019 18:04

Now calming down a bit, ratings:

Rafael - has to be a 4. Not that much to do really but that second goal.......
Yiadom - 5, got up an down but didn’t provide much by the way of service which is something you need to as a wing back
Moore - 5. Just doesn’t seem to be up to his standard when in the right side. Was he partly to blame for the acres of space Armstrong had for their first? Really hope Miazga is back next week.
Morrison - 5 just a bit clumsy and off the pace for me but then he has high standards to live up to. Really hope he’s not badly injured and is ready for next week though.
McIntyre - 4, sorry, poor lad had a bit of a torrid time.
Obita - 6 did ok. Put in a couple of good crosses, got up and down the pitch and was maybe the pick of the bunch
Pele - 4, did he get involved at all. Think I noticed him twice overall
Swift - 4 poor but scored. Can’t help but feel though that sometimes he looks worse than he is due to underperformance of those around him.
Ejaria - 5. Average but still looked the most creative player on the pitch for me with some great touches but just not in the right places.
Joao - 4 that was painful to watch. He’s big, He’s awkward, he has talent but he was too deep, he was all over the place with his touch and nothing was working for him.
Puscas - 4. Worries here. A striker with obvious talent and he seemed to barely involved not helped by the lack of service and creativity

Meite - 5 huffed and puffed
Blackett - 5 did ok

21st now and, if they turn out performances like the last 3 games, Reading are highly likely to be relatively adrift in the bottom three by the time the next international bore is upon us given the league games beforehand are a trip to Swansea, a visit from Fulham and then off to Somerset for Brizzle

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 21 Sep 2019 18:08

Pele (I hate calling him that) was not our worst player: he was generally OK, but it's hard to be the defensive midfielder winning the ball when the so-called creative players just stand around getting marked out of the game.

Yiadom can't cross like Obita can - few players outside the top six in La Liga and the Premier League can cross a ball from the left as well as Obita - but he was probably our best player on the pitch.

Swift had a mostly horrible game - it felt like his pass completion rate would have been hovering around the 40% - but to his credit he didn't hide or stop working. Ejaria improved but was nowhere near his best.

Individually, no one was good, but collectively, they were shocking.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 Sep 2019 18:12

2-1 flattened us. No pace, why did we let Barrow go? The passing was shocking. They must have been pissing themselves gust wait they will pass it to us eventually if they could cross it could have been 4 or 5
Last edited by Jackson Corner on 21 Sep 2019 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2019 18:17

Serious question. This team played as well as we have seen in several years against Cardiff, West Brom and Huddersfield. It wasn't perfect, the first 30 minutes at Huddersfield wasn't good. But, as a 3 game spell it was excellent.

What has happened to make the next 3 so shit? And can we turn it around again? Still have patience for Gomes, but if we don't improve in another month then questions are justified.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 21 Sep 2019 18:18

OK. It WAS hot. And we were playing a northern side more suited to the heat. And our side are still gelling. Hopefully they’ll be up to at least Panna Cotta levels of well-hard by Christmas. Jesus H Christ. And we’re back to 3 at the back, and zonal non-marking. Gomes WTF?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Sep 2019 18:22

Armadillo Roadkill Pele (I hate calling him that) was not our worst player: he was generally OK, but it's hard to be the defensive midfielder winning the ball when the so-called creative players just stand around getting marked out of the game.

Yiadom can't cross like Obita can - few players outside the top six in La Liga and the Premier League can cross a ball from the left as well as Obita - but he was probably our best player on the pitch.

Swift had a mostly horrible game - it felt like his pass completion rate would have been hovering around the 40% - but to his credit he didn't hide or stop working. Ejaria improved but was nowhere near his best.

Pele stood around ball watching on the edge of our box almost everytime Blackburn broke away.

It is hard to be a DM in this system but it's harder when you have no work ethic.

Swift was poor but I wouldn't believe the commentary about his pass completion. It was around 80% I reckon. It was just for 10 minutes in the first half his passing was god awful and he probably only tried about 5 passes in that period.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Sep 2019 18:53

NewCorkSeth
Armadillo Roadkill Pele (I hate calling him that) was not our worst player: he was generally OK, but it's hard to be the defensive midfielder winning the ball when the so-called creative players just stand around getting marked out of the game.

Pele stood around ball watching on the edge of our box almost everytime Blackburn broke away.

It is hard to be a DM in this system but it's harder when you have no work ethic.

Swift was poor but I wouldn't believe the commentary about his pass completion. It was around 80% I reckon. It was just for 10 minutes in the first half his passing was god awful and he probably only tried about 5 passes in that period.

It wasn't just his passing. He was caught in possession a fair few times

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 21 Sep 2019 18:54

Sutekh Now calming down a bit, ratings:

Rafael - has to be a 4. Not that much to do really but that second goal.......
Yiadom - 5, got up an down but didn’t provide much by the way of service which is something you need to as a wing back
Moore - 5. Just doesn’t seem to be up to his standard when in the right side. Was he partly to blame for the acres of space Armstrong had for their first? Really hope Miazga is back next week.
Morrison - 5 just a bit clumsy and off the pace for me but then he has high standards to live up to. Really hope he’s not badly injured and is ready for next week though.
McIntyre - 4, sorry, poor lad had a bit of a torrid time.
Obita - 6 did ok. Put in a couple of good crosses, got up and down the pitch and was maybe the pick of the bunch
Pele - 4, did he get involved at all. Think I noticed him twice overall
Swift - 4 poor but scored. Can’t help but feel though that sometimes he looks worse than he is due to underperformance of those around him.
Ejaria - 5. Average but still looked the most creative player on the pitch for me with some great touches but just not in the right places.
Joao - 4 that was painful to watch. He’s big, He’s awkward, he has talent but he was too deep, he was all over the place with his touch and nothing was working for him.
Puscas - 4. Worries here. A striker with obvious talent and he seemed to barely involved not helped by the lack of service and creativity

Meite - 5 huffed and puffed
Blackett - 5 did ok

21st now and, if they turn out performances like the last 3 games, Reading are highly likely to be relatively adrift in the bottom three by the time the next international bore is upon us given the league games beforehand are a trip to Swansea, a visit from Fulham and then off to Somerset for Brizzle

Except Brizzle isn’t in Somerset.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Sep 2019 18:59

Snowball
NewCorkSeth

Ejaria was caught in possession twice, Swift once. Ejaria passing success of 73, Swift 78. Ejaria had 2 key passes, Swift had 5.

Swift was shite for long periods of the game but Ejaria was the same but worse. Its very easy to point at Swift when he makes a mistake because usually they are pretty noticeable or distinctive in our minds because we expect better of him. He had a poor game but was far from the worst player on the pitch after 90 minutes.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Sep 2019 19:04

Bristol Paul Except Brizzle isn’t in Somerset.
nah, it’s just a bit of Wales with its brains kicked out :wink:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Sep 2019 19:09

I felt sorry for Puscas, he is getting no service. Joao is like a really sh#t Emily Heskey....when he was really really sh*t.
Is he really an upgrade on Bobvasson? All I want is someone who can be an Ariel threat. How can such a lump lose so many headers and fall over in a gust of wind.
Another thing....what was the point in starting a player who has hardly kicked a ball in 2 years. Blackett/Richards we're the obvious starters.....Blackett also delivers a better cross.
I'll skip over Swift.
I know Barrett played in the u23s but he is another one that deserves a place possibly on the bench.
I don't think I've seen a team win so few second balls in 90 minutes as us. Rhino should be in the starting lineup midweek.
All in all a rubbish day....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Sep 2019 19:31

That was unacceptable. Watching the players during injury time barely making any attempt to close down was risible. Blackburn took a quick free kick near the end which put one of their players in a great position whilst our lot just stood still. We were supposed to be chasing the game.

Once again we started poorly. We have now conceded seven times in total already this season in the first 15 minutes of each half. We have not scored once in this period. The first goal was coming as our back three dicked around with the ball making stupid passes putting each other under pressure. It happened in the second half too and should have resulted in Blackburn scoring. Please enough of this short ball stuff. It’s high risk football for little reward and someone like Morrison is simply not good enough to cope with it.

Please can we also end the ridiculous hype of Puscas. His first touch was abysmal today. Joao was anonymous again.
We have no natural wingers so no real width. We take so long to move the ball forward and rarely get behind our opponents.

So three successive defeats with Wolves, Swansea and Fulham coming up. I fear for Gomes. He is still in credit and in my view needs three months from now to turn things around. I am not convinced he will get that time though especially if we lose the next three.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Sep 2019 19:34

We have absolutely nothing to gain by getting rid in the next three months.

The guy is deserving of a decent run...the team need to deliver to make it happen.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2019 19:39

No desire to sack Gomes but he really needs to up his game. We were a mess today

We badly need Miazga back as well

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Sep 2019 19:41

Miazga has been the pivot tbf

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 19:44

NewCorkSeth
Snowball
NewCorkSeth Pele stood around ball watching on the edge of our box almost everytime Blackburn broke away.

Ejaria was caught in possession twice, Swift once. Ejaria passing success of 73, Swift 78. Ejaria had 2 key passes, Swift had 5.

Swift was shite for long periods of the game but Ejaria was the same but worse. Its very easy to point at Swift when he makes a mistake because usually they are pretty noticeable or distinctive in our minds because we expect better of him. He had a poor game but was far from the worst player on the pitch after 90 minutes.

Swift was caught in possession loads. He might have only been disposessed once, maybe, but he ran into trouble endlessly. Certainly got out muscled multiple times. Did his usual failure to track or tackle too.

One break was crying out for a simple ankle tap and yellow card for the team. Didn't even try.