BFT whatever the hell that was

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT whatever the hell that was

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Sep 2019 19:45

Hound No desire to sack Gomes but he really needs to up his game. We were a mess today

We badly need Miazga back as well
what was he (Gomes) meant to do?

A week ortwo ago, he was getting pilloried for dropping Puscas in favour of Meite...I heard on the radio today him getting pelters for not playing Meite in favour of Puscas etc rtc
:|

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Sep 2019 19:48

AthleticoSpizz We have absolutely nothing to gain by getting rid in the next three months.

The guy is deserving of a decent run...the team need to deliver to make it happen.

Absolutely. He fully deserves time but that was really poor today and once again we have failed to fight back once we have fallen behind. He can’t afford many more performances like that.

I thought the ref was dire today. It looked like a clear follow on Yiadom from which Blackburn went up to the other end and scored.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Sep 2019 19:49

AthleticoSpizz
Hound No desire to sack Gomes but he really needs to up his game. We were a mess today

A week ortwo ago, he was getting pilloried for dropping Puscas in favour of Meite...I heard on the radio today him getting pelters for not playing Meite in favour of Puscas etc rtc

Change the formation I feel. It isn’t working.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Sep 2019 19:50

The ref ‘is always dire’

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2019 19:50

Not so much the selection as the tactics. Though chopping and changing the forwards every game is clearly not especially helpful. Still also think Baldock would be a better option in the bench

The inconsistent and confused passing out from the back
The WBs way to high leaving huge gaps
The lack of response to the above

Would be places to start tactically

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Sep 2019 19:50

Ascotexgunner I felt sorry for Puscas, he is getting no service. Joao is like a really sh#t Emily Heskey....when he was really really sh*t.
Is he really an upgrade on Bobvasson? All I want is someone who can be an Ariel threat. How can such a lump lose so many headers and fall over in a gust of wind.
Another thing....what was the point in starting a player who has hardly kicked a ball in 2 years. Blackett/Richards we're the obvious starters.....Blackett also delivers a better cross.
I'll skip over Swift.
I know Barrett played in the u23s but he is another one that deserves a place possibly on the bench.
I don't think I've seen a team win so few second balls in 90 minutes as us. Rhino should be in the starting lineup midweek.
All in all a rubbish day....

Barrett should certainly be in the squad and Rino must come in for Pele.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2019 19:51

AthleticoSpizz The ref ‘is always dire’

He was today sadly. So much time wasting, a couple of very poor decisions

Not game changingly bad but pretty awful

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Sep 2019 19:51

AthleticoSpizz The ref ‘is always dire’

Not when we win...oh hang on

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 19:55

AthleticoSpizz

1) Instruct the goalkeeper to kick it up the field, not put us under needless pressure and slow the game down by passing six yards.
2) Instruct the team to play in such a way that we aren't always wide open on the flanks
3) Don't play Moore as RCB where he is an abomination
4) Play our best midfielder
5) Don't play two over intricate soft shites in the same midfield
6) Don't chop and change the team so much
7) Instruct the players to hit a few early crosses

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Sep 2019 19:57

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowball
It wasn't just his passing. He was caught in possession a fair few times

Ejaria was caught in possession twice, Swift once. Ejaria passing success of 73, Swift 78. Ejaria had 2 key passes, Swift had 5.

Swift was shite for long periods of the game but Ejaria was the same but worse. Its very easy to point at Swift when he makes a mistake because usually they are pretty noticeable or distinctive in our minds because we expect better of him. He had a poor game but was far from the worst player on the pitch after 90 minutes.

Swift was caught in possession loads. He might have only been disposessed once, maybe, but he ran into trouble endlessly. Certainly got out muscled multiple times. Did his usual failure to track or tackle too.

One break was crying out for a simple ankle tap and yellow card for the team. Didn't even try.

No argument he was poor. Very poor. But out of our midfield 3 he was the best. Not much of a statement and certainly not by much but he seems to get called out a disproportionate amount. Ejaria was worse. Pele was much worse. Imo only Yiadom and Obita played better than him and both were poor defensively.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 20:05

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Ejaria was caught in possession twice, Swift once. Ejaria passing success of 73, Swift 78. Ejaria had 2 key passes, Swift had 5.

Swift was shite for long periods of the game but Ejaria was the same but worse. Its very easy to point at Swift when he makes a mistake because usually they are pretty noticeable or distinctive in our minds because we expect better of him. He had a poor game but was far from the worst player on the pitch after 90 minutes.

Swift was caught in possession loads. He might have only been disposessed once, maybe, but he ran into trouble endlessly. Certainly got out muscled multiple times. Did his usual failure to track or tackle too.

One break was crying out for a simple ankle tap and yellow card for the team. Didn't even try.

No argument he was poor. Very poor. But out of our midfield 3 he was the best. Not much of a statement and certainly not by much but he seems to get called out a disproportionate amount. Ejaria was worse. Pele was much worse. Imo only Yiadom and Obita played better than him and both were poor defensively.

Ejaria did less wrong for me. But was less involved and obviously didn't score.

In Ejaria's favour, he hasn't been pissing me right off for about three years now. And he's younger. And on his day better.

And I don't like Swift. Or his hair. Or his face. Or his work rate. Or his tricks.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Sep 2019 20:08

Zip
Ascotexgunner I felt sorry for Puscas, he is getting no service. Joao is like a really sh#t Emily Heskey....when he was really really sh*t.
Is he really an upgrade on Bobvasson? All I want is someone who can be an Ariel threat. How can such a lump lose so many headers and fall over in a gust of wind.
Another thing....what was the point in starting a player who has hardly kicked a ball in 2 years. Blackett/Richards we're the obvious starters.....Blackett also delivers a better cross.
I'll skip over Swift.
I know Barrett played in the u23s but he is another one that deserves a place possibly on the bench.
I don't think I've seen a team win so few second balls in 90 minutes as us. Rhino should be in the starting lineup midweek.

The problems are a lot deeper than just bringing Rino in for Pele. We did that last week and we lost to a very very average team in Boro

I miss the days of a simple 4-4-2. Give me Baldock and Bodvarsson upfront any day to what we’re doing now. We are so slow on the ball. I cannot for the life of me understand why we never seem to exploit space. Moore does it time and time again, he has twenty yards of space to run into and he just passes it sideways or to someone with a marker right behind them. It makes no sense

Why do our players take four touches before releasing the ball? It seems they have no spatial awareness

Again, why do a short goal kick for the ball just to go back to Rafael anyway who hoofs the ball forward. That makes no sense to me. If the short ball is on, then utilise it. Never try and force it

I’d try a diamond next week in midfield which is what we did when Meite came on today. Wasn’t great but better than the 5 at the back

That added time today was embarrassing. Blackburn were knocking it around with ease and it seemed we had no desire to get it back. Was shocking

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Sep 2019 20:14

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Swift was caught in possession loads. He might have only been disposessed once, maybe, but he ran into trouble endlessly. Certainly got out muscled multiple times. Did his usual failure to track or tackle too.

In Ejaria's favour, he hasn't been pissing me right off for about three years now. And he's younger. And on his day better.

And I don't like Swift. Or his hair. Or his face. Or his work rate. Or his tricks.

I accept that you will never really like him, hes not your type. I get it. But just one correction. Ejaria was more involved technically speaking. Took more touches, attempted more passes and was on the ball more. The only thing he did better at than Swift today was successful dribbles. Statistically speaking of course.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 20:16

URZZZZ
Zip
I'll skip over Swift.

The problems are a lot deeper than just bringing Rino in for Pele. We did that last week and we lost to a very very average team in Boro

I miss the days of a simple 4-4-2. Give me Baldock and Bodvarsson upfront any day to what we’re doing now. We are so slow on the ball. I cannot for the life of me understand why we never seem to exploit space. Moore does it time and time again, he has twenty yards of space to run into and he just passes it sideways or to someone with a marker right behind them. It makes no sense

Why do our players take four touches before releasing the ball? It seems they have no spatial awareness

Again, why do a short goal kick for the ball just to go back to Rafael anyway who hoofs the ball forward. That makes no sense to me. If the short ball is on, then utilise it. Never try and force it

I’d try a diamond next week in midfield which is what we did when Meite came on today. Wasn’t great but better than the 5 at the back

That added time today was embarrassing. Blackburn were knocking it around with ease and it seemed we had no desire to get it back. Was shocking

I think the thing (other than the ref and no one closing down late on) that wound me up the most was this.

Blackburn long punt up to kill time. Moore chases it back. He then let's it go out for a goal kick rather than keep it in (why?). He tosses it to Cabral, then calls for Cabral to pass it straight back to him. I forget exactly what happened next, it was either back to Cabral to punt long, or a couple more pointless passes between defenders before going long.

We play like a bunch of half wits.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 20:16

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth No argument he was poor. Very poor. But out of our midfield 3 he was the best. Not much of a statement and certainly not by much but he seems to get called out a disproportionate amount. Ejaria was worse. Pele was much worse. Imo only Yiadom and Obita played better than him and both were poor defensively.

I accept that you will never really like him, hes not your type. I get it. But just one correction. Ejaria was more involved technically speaking. Took more touches, attempted more passes and was on the ball more. The only thing he did better at than Swift today was successful dribbles. Statistically speaking of course.

I'm not talking technically or statistically.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 21 Sep 2019 20:18

So what are the tactics or game plan, I have no idea.
However, my questions are.....
1) Why does Rafael pass the ball from a goal kick to someone under pressure five yards away rather than to someone standing in open space on the other side of the pitch?
2) When it’s a corner, it is usual to put the ball in the box for a header. So why when it’s a free kick, the same distance from goal as a corner but a better angle, does no one go into the box and we just pass it ten yards backwards?
3) When we have a break on the wing and the strikers get in the box, why do we fvck about with it until the strikers come back out from the box and then when the ball actually gets in, there is no one there to receive it?
4) why don’t we press the opposition, like everyone else does, rather than give them free range to do what they like?
5) why do we have to have too many touches on every ball, it’s so slow and ponderous and telegraphs every move?
6) why do we still dick about at the back passing for the sake of it, getting nowhere or getting caught
7) why is Puscas like a slow, old woman in a supermarket with her purse open, waiting for everyone to rob her?
8) Joao, why?

9) seriously, why do we even fvcking bother?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Sep 2019 20:18

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz

1) Instruct the goalkeeper to kick it up the field, not put us under needless pressure and slow the game down by passing six yards.
2) Instruct the team to play in such a way that we aren't always wide open on the flanks
3) Don't play Moore as RCB where he is an abomination
4) Play our best midfielder
5) Don't play two over intricate soft shites in the same midfield
6) Don't chop and change the team so much
7) Instruct the players to hit a few early crosses
and outscore the opposition

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Sep 2019 20:19

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Ejaria did less wrong for me. But was less involved and obviously didn't score.

Oh. Then how was Ejaria less involved if not technically or statistically? metaphorically?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2019 20:25

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth I accept that you will never really like him, hes not your type. I get it. But just one correction. Ejaria was more involved technically speaking. Took more touches, attempted more passes and was on the ball more. The only thing he did better at than Swift today was successful dribbles. Statistically speaking of course.

Oh. Then how was Ejaria less involved if not technically or statistically? metaphorically?

Seth, snowstat has stolen your log in.

Stats are useful. They are not something to rely on exclusively.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Sep 2019 20:30

URZZZZ
Zip
I'll skip over Swift.

Oh agreed and I have made the very same points on here tonight. We are painfully laboured. Our centre backs are simply not good enough on the ball to play the way Gomes wants us to. Then Swift eventually gets the ball but often checks back inside instead of releasing the ball early. We are far too easy to defend against.
The players should be embarrassed by their pitiful efforts during injury time.