Puscas speculation.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Puscas speculation.

by windermereROYAL » 10 Sep 2019 16:35

The guys only been here 5 bloody minutes but it doesn't take long for the social media pricks including JLow to piss on our bonfire with rumours we could lose him in January,
I don`t believe for one moment our owners would let him leave unless an absolutely huge offer of £25m+ came in, we pulled off a huge coup to get him through the door, it would be incredible if we release him from a 5 year contract after just 6 months.

Rant mode off.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Puscas speculation.

by John Smith » 10 Sep 2019 17:37

If someone wants to buy one of our players based on 4 appearances for £25m then I would bite their hand off.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Sep 2019 17:44

John Smith If someone wants to buy one of our players based on 4 appearances for £25m then I would bite their hand off.

Market value obviously depends on his form and goals between now and January.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 12 Sep 2019 13:06

John Smith If someone wants to buy one of our players based on 4 appearances for £25m then I would bite their hand off.

The cynic in me thinks the club might have had this in mind at the time of the deal.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Sep 2019 15:30

Tilehurstsouthbank

The cynic in me thinks the club might have had this in mind at the time of the deal.

As in they thought he might be quite good for us and other teams would be interested? Certainly is a change in thinking from recent past transfers I guess.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Sep 2019 16:16

From what we've seen so far the guy is very good indeed.

Young, hungry. Almost too good for the champ and will be in a promotion chasing team at the least, if not a PL team with or without us I'd say if nto next season the season after.

So the way I see it we either get our shit together and manage to produce a promotion chasing team this or next year or he'll be off.

Obviously I would hope we can hang onto him till the end of his contract, but he's not going to hang around in a midtable champ side for the best years of his career.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2019 18:04

I think we're all getting a bit carried away.

But it's win/win if he's actually great isn't it. He does well and takes us storming places. Or he does well and we sell him for a mint, reinvesting some in a replacement and managing black holes with the rest.

Otherwise known as what we should have been trying all along but abandoned.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 13 Sep 2019 14:42

Jagermesiter1871
Tilehurstsouthbank

As in they thought he might be quite good for us and other teams would be interested? Certainly is a change in thinking from recent past transfers I guess.

Lol. I get how that sounded. I meant in the very short term. when we paid £x for a up and coming young striker for Inter, didn't anyone else think, 'WTF'? If the owners and Kia K knew there would be bigger clubs sniffing around very quickly if the player did well, then we should probably at least double our money, even if it is only six months later. If he took time to settle and had a very mediocre start, he's on a five year contract so he would have plenty of time to settle and improve.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Sep 2019 20:53

2 world wars, 1 world cup From what we've seen so far the guy is very good indeed.

What a difference a few weeks make. He looks totally useless at the moment.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Sep 2019 22:25

How long did he look good?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Sep 2019 00:43

Royal Rother How long did he look good?

For half an hour against Cardiff

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Sep 2019 08:58

Indeed.

Mass Sarr looked to be worth £25m after 30 mins.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2019 10:51

We don't exactly try to play to his strengths, or give him a decent partner to work with. Or feed him much but scraps.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 29 Sep 2019 12:38

Snowflake Royal We don't exactly try to play to his strengths, or give him a decent partner to work with. Or feed him much but scraps.

I have made my mind up already, He is Gash

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Sep 2019 12:59

Snowflake Royal We don't exactly try to play to his strengths, or give him a decent partner to work with. Or feed him much but scraps.

Exactly this

He’s obviously a quality player - his performances for Romania show that

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2019 13:00

72 bus

I have made my mind up already, He is Gash

Well that's shock.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2019 13:02

Don't think his miss against Swansea was inexcusable either.

Bit of a loose ball on the up he had to snatch at, possibly a bit behind him.

Obviously you want it to go in and I expect if he was getting good service and we were playing well it would have done.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 29 Sep 2019 15:49

Multiple times yesterday there was space for him to make runs behind the Swansea defence...he didn’t move, barely gave the midfield an option, resulting in them losing the ball or going backwards.

It was a shocking performance from a striker at this level.

I think personally he might look better playing the lone striker role - that might play to his strengths

But if he’s dropped after that showing, he can’t complain

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Sep 2019 18:29

Snowflake Royal Don't think his miss against Swansea was inexcusable either.

Bit of a loose ball on the up he had to snatch at, possibly a bit behind him.

Obviously you want it to go in and I expect if he was getting good service and we were playing well it would have done.

This.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Sep 2019 19:09

Hound

Exactly this

He’s obviously a quality player - his performances for Romania show that

I agree he's clearly got more quality than he's showing, but I think you're both going too easy on him. We have created good chances for him against Charlton, Boro, Blackburn and Swansea and he hasn't been hitting the target. It's reasonable to expect more.

What I will say is that it's good that he's at least getting in the positions to score. And I think the answer to the conundrum is to show faith and get alongside him. Hopefully one will bounce in off his shin and then his confidence will return