75%
Ian Royal
16%

Total votes: 80
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Ejaria vs Siggy

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Oct 2019 12:13

I saw Elmparkroyals have started this poll on Twitter. I'm not on Twitter, but thought I'd put it to HNA.

My personal view is it's far to early to compare Ejaria to Sigurdsson in terms of what he has achieved at this club. Siggy carried us in 09/10 and had a composure and end product which we haven't seen from Ejaria yet. That being said, Ejaria is probably better at close control and dribbling.

If the team kicks on and improves, I could see Ejaria having a season as good as Sigurdsson in 09/10. And I agree he's the most exciting talent we've had since losing Sigurdsson; every now and again you get a player who you just know is too good for you in the long term.

I do worry about how watertight our agreement is for him. Ideally, we'll have him this season, get him permanently and then either look like real promotion candidates or be forced to sell for big £££s at the end of 20/21.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ejaria vs Siggy

by Hendo » 24 Oct 2019 12:22

WestYorksRoyal I saw Elmparkroyals have started this poll on Twitter. I'm not on Twitter

:? :?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2019 12:24

Ian Royal hands down.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Oct 2019 12:28

Hendo
WestYorksRoyal I saw Elmparkroyals have started this poll on Twitter. I'm not on Twitter

:? :?

I've been known to browse/lurk.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Oct 2019 12:56

What a ridiculous comparison.

Gylfi was possibly the best player we’ve ever had.

Ejaria isn’t even our best midfielder right now.

That might change in the future but right now there’s no contest.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 24 Oct 2019 12:59

SCIAG What a ridiculous comparison.

+1

Although i assume you're saying Swift is better. Swift's best moments are better. I think Ejaria looks like a better all round player.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Oct 2019 13:01

glen little was better at dribbling

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Oct 2019 13:05

Greatwesternline

+1

Although i assume you're saying Swift is better. Swift's best moments are better. I think Ejaria looks like a better all round player.

Agree in the main, but I'm fairly confident Ejaria will go on to play at a higher level than Swift.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Oct 2019 13:24

Siggy did what was needed to create and score. Which makes him the better player.
Ejaria does what is needed to turn inside out defenders which is great fun to watch........but holds onto the ball maybe a little too long. Experience is key, Ejaria will learn that releasing the ball early has just as much benefit to beating a man.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Oct 2019 13:53

yeah way too early on Ovie.

He is a seriously talented kid though. If he progresses like he should, he could be a very exciting player. Like him being a bit more aggressive as well, always thought he was a bit timid

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Oct 2019 14:04

To me Ejaria > Sig.

But < Sidders.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Oct 2019 15:44

Ejaria is nothing like Sigurdsson. Swift is a much better comparison than Ejaria is to Sigurdsson

And :lol: at those who thinks it’s even close between one who played regularly for Spurs and Everton to someone who’s only just registered their first assist 12 games into the season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2019 17:22

URZZZZ Ejaria is nothing like Sigurdsson. Swift is a much better comparison than Ejaria is to Sigurdsson

And :lol: at those who thinks it’s even close between one who played regularly for Spurs and Everton to someone who’s only just registered their first assist 12 games into the season

You're determined to give him no credit for his goals aren't you.

It's Sig btw. By a country mile.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Oct 2019 17:41

URZZZZ Ejaria is nothing like Sigurdsson. Swift is a much better comparison than Ejaria is to Sigurdsson

I think he has the potential to kick on to similar levels.

As for assists, rubbish argument. Its not his fault his teammates have been missing chances, he has been creating them. And he has scored 2. I agree with everyone saying it's way too early to compare Ovie with Siggy, but I don't think his assists record is much of an argument.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Oct 2019 17:56

WestYorksRoyal

I think he has the potential to kick on to similar levels.

As for assists, rubbish argument. Its not his fault his teammates have been missing chances, he has been creating them. And he has scored 2. I agree with everyone saying it's way too early to compare Ovie with Siggy, but I don't think his assists record is much of an argument.

Good points but Swift has outperformed Ejaria in creating chances and assists so far this season and isn’t getting anywhere near as much credit as Ejaria?

It’s just strange comparing Sig and Ejaria. Ejaria is all about close control, dribbling past defenders like they’re not there. Sig is about defence splitting passes, long shots, set pieces etc...not really the type to dribble past defenders

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Oct 2019 17:59

This poll is insulting. To even mention Ejaria in the same breath as Gylfi is mind boggling. I love Ejaria but Gylfi is god. You can’t compete with god.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Oct 2019 17:59

Snowflake Royal

Not true, but when I see people bang on about how he’s the best creator in the league, I have to question it because he isn’t

His strength lie elsewhere. As I said in the last post, dribbling, close control, able to pick up pockets of space well. But to compare him to someone who isn’t even anything like him is completely pointless. IMO

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 24 Oct 2019 18:00

Hear hear

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2019 18:35

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

Not true, but when I see people bang on about how he’s the best creator in the league, I have to question it because he isn’t

His strength lie elsewhere. As I said in the last post, dribbling, close control, able to pick up pockets of space well. But to compare him to someone who isn’t even anything like him is completely pointless. IMO

I mean, no one has said he's the best creator in the league, but whatever.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Oct 2019 18:52

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal You're determined to give him no credit for his goals aren't you.

I mean, no one has said he's the best creator in the league, but whatever.

OK, badly worded on my part, but I’ve seen comments (more so on Twitter) that Ejaria is the best midfielder in the league? Even when we have another one in the squad that has outperformed him so far

I personally feel Swift doesn’t get anywhere near as much credit as Ejaria but each to their own and all that