QPR H Boxing day now 7.30pm live on SKY

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

QPR H Boxing day now 7.30pm live on SKY

by Royals and Racers » 23 Oct 2019 17:13

Announced today probably won`t please everybody.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: QPR H Boxing day now 7.30pm live on SKY

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2019 17:40

Normally quite a boring game at the Madejski but they keep coming back.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Oct 2019 09:36

Really weird from Sky but oh well.

Also, I really don't get the issue with moving the kick off time? It's only a few hours later than previously advertised and if people can't make it they can watch on the TV.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Oct 2019 13:56

John Smith Really weird from Sky but oh well.

Also, I really don't get the issue with moving the kick off time? It's only a few hours later than previously advertised and if people can't make it they can watch on the TV.

Believe it or not, not everyone has Sky

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2019 13:57

Sutekh

Then they should take a long hard look at themselves and work out what went wrong in their lives.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Oct 2019 14:16

Old Man Andrews
Sutekh

Then they should take a long hard look at themselves and work out what went wrong in their lives.

They should indeed.

And then go to the pub to watch it there.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Oct 2019 16:09

John Smith
Old Man Andrews
Sutekh

They should indeed.

And then go to the pub to watch it there.

The people that don't have Sky are the ones whose Mrs don't let them go to the pub.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Oct 2019 09:47

WIll buses be running? - I was told yesterday that Reading Buses will not be asking their drivers to work late on Boxing Day

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 25 Oct 2019 10:48

Because people have kids. And taking kids to an afternoon boxing day game, quite possibly as a Christmas present, is a bit different to having to take them at 7.30pm after a long xmas day.

This was a money over families moment from the club, which is a real shame. They should have been focusing on a 3pm kick off, with super special family rates as xmas presents and a visit from Kings-anta.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Oct 2019 11:00

notloyalenuffroyal

Because people have kids. And taking kids to an afternoon boxing day game, quite possibly as a Christmas present, is a bit different to having to take them at 7.30pm after a long xmas day.

This was a money over families moment from the club, which is a real shame. They should have been focusing on a 3pm kick off, with super special family rates as xmas presents and a visit from Kings-anta.

Utter and complete drivel. "money over families moment from the club" - the club doesn't have a say in when or which games are televised. Also, you say "people have kids" - some people don't have kids. Some people want to go and have a few pints. I think you're being very uninclusive, naive and selfish.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 25 Oct 2019 11:04

Despite having a season ticket, I can tell you know, i'll be watching Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull with a massive plate of buffet food, washing it all down with a couple of seasonal ales.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2019 12:21

Zammo Despite having a season ticket, I can tell you know, i'll be watching Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull with a massive plate of buffet food, washing it all down with a couple of seasonal ales.

I'd rather watch more end of Stam era shit than that toss film.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Oct 2019 12:24

John Smith
notloyalenuffroyal

Utter and complete drivel. "money over families moment from the club" - the club doesn't have a say in when or which games are televised. Also, you say "people have kids" - some people don't have kids. Some people want to go and have a few pints. I think you're being very uninclusive, naive and selfish.

+1.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Oct 2019 12:50

John Smith
notloyalenuffroyal

Utter and complete drivel. "money over families moment from the club" - the club doesn't have a say in when or which games are televised.

Rare ‘greed

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 25 Oct 2019 13:40

I expect that some families will prefer this timing as it lets them visit relatives, or have people over, before heading off to the game. And it's not like the kids have to get up the next day. Also, the drinking brigade will get a long stint in the pub before heading up.

I suspect it's not great for the away fans who want to take the family.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 25 Oct 2019 16:52

Elm Park Kid Also, the drinking brigade will get a long stint in the pub before heading up.

And then they’ll be able to burn off all the calories walking to & from, if the busses aren’t running due to the idiotic timing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2019 17:24

Imagine being given tickets to this game as a Christmas present :lol: . Be divorcing the parents for that

As long as the buses are running, don’t mind tbh. Can have a few beers before etc. Will be wanting to kill the entire family by that stage so actually works quite well

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 25 Oct 2019 18:00

John Smith
notloyalenuffroyal

Of course they have a say. They can say no. They wouldn't but they could.

But some people DO have kids. Extraordinarily I used to NOT have kids and could go at anytime. Since I have kids I can't take them as easily to a night game in the cold. I can do it, but after a busy xmas day they will be acting as kids. Tired. Exhausted.

And there is nothing stopping you having a few pints at 3pm and then continuing on into the evening.

I am hoping I am feeling a bit of a whoosh here as really the selfish bit seems to be like a mirror for you. Maybe introducing families to football isn't as important as taking your mates for a tenner anymore. But short-termism will means kids down the road will continue to support Arsenal and Chelsea rather than their local team if numpties can't think that families are important to a reportedly "family club of the year".

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Oct 2019 19:27

notloyalenuffroyal
John Smith
notloyalenuffroyal

But some people DO have kids. Extraordinarily I used to NOT have kids and could go at anytime. Since I have kids I can't take them as easily to a night game in the cold. I can do it, but after a busy xmas day they will be acting as kids. Tired. Exhausted.

And there is nothing stopping you having a few pints at 3pm and then continuing on into the evening.

I am hoping I am feeling a bit of a whoosh here as really the selfish bit seems to be like a mirror for you. Maybe introducing families to football isn't as important as taking your mates for a tenner anymore. But short-termism will means kids down the road will continue to support Arsenal and Chelsea rather than their local team if numpties can't think that families are important to a reportedly "family club of the year".

The club do an awful lot for kids with fantastic ST prices. The revised kick off time is a pain but kids will be on their holidays so I don’t think it’s that much of a problem.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 26 Oct 2019 07:18

notloyalenuffroyal
John Smith
notloyalenuffroyal

Jesus Christ get a grip please :roll:

Its just a football game. What about the other evening kick offs we have?