BFTG - Luton

122 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

BFTG - Luton

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Nov 2019 17:30

How on earth are Fulham the 6th highest scorers? They were like a Jaap Stam team at its absolute worst

Baldock and Swift were excellent, and the two wing backs were dominant in attack. Especially Richards, who was class for that second

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: BFTG - Luton

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Nov 2019 17:33

The difference it makes to play forward quicker and have two front men who are constantly on the move.......more of this please :D

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Nov 2019 17:43

Farting about from the back is a long gone bad memory judging by this, Luton were poor, disappointed it was only 3, Swift showing what a player he is, ran the show and two strikers constantly on the move.
Moore laying the ball off to Ejaria then up in the area for the 2nd goal :D

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Nov 2019 17:43

John Madejski's Wallet How on earth are Fulham the 6th highest scorers? They were like a Jaap Stam team at its absolute worst

Baldock and Swift were excellent, and the two wing backs were dominant in attack. Especially Richards, who was class for that second

Fulham ?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Nov 2019 17:44

Couldn't watch as I had to go to a gender reveal party. Anyone fancy giving a detailed summary?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Nov 2019 17:46

NewCorkSeth Couldn't watch as I had to go to a gender reveal party. Anyone fancy giving a detailed summary?

Everyone had a bit of a drink, some snacks and the baby is going to be ....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Nov 2019 17:47

Franchise FC
NewCorkSeth Couldn't watch as I had to go to a gender reveal party. Anyone fancy giving a detailed summary?

Turns out she wasnt pregnant.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 09 Nov 2019 17:49

Thought about going to the game, but it was really wet out so I decided to go for a really late pub lunch at the Lyndhurst. Pretty good food to be fair, 8/10.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Nov 2019 17:50

St Pauli Thought about going to the game, but it was really wet out so I decided to go for a really late pub lunch at the Lyndhurst. Pretty good food to be fair, 8/10.

What you have SP?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Nov 2019 17:51

NewCorkSeth
Franchise FC

Turns out she wasnt pregnant.

:lol: :lol:
I wasn't at the game either so a game summary isn't within my gift.
If it's any help, I'm not pregnant either

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Nov 2019 17:57

Swift is not the player Stam bought, he is certainly not the player of the last two seasons. In the last 2/3 games he’s played at the highest level and been effective, it’s like a new signing. And when he doesn’t work there’s Ejaria.... bit difficult for opposition to shutdown both of these players and not leave space elsewhere...

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 Nov 2019 18:10

We were actually very good today against a side above us in the table, we made them look ordinary. Great goals and we could of had more, no last 20min hanging on, we dominated what looked like a relegation side.

I have to say Bowen had worked out how to play a 4-4-2 diamond and Luton had no answer. The weather and the wider pitch helped, they seemed to swarm players around the ball so there was always space out wide.

I bumped into some Luton fans in the pub (early leavers) who said they had lost by the odd goal but today just didn't turn up and were picked off.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Nov 2019 18:11

PieEater We were actually very good today against a side above us in the table, we made them look ordinary. Great goals and we could of had more, no last 20min hanging on, we dominated what looked like a relegation side.

I have to say Bowen had worked out how to play a 4-4-2 diamond and Luton had no answer. The weather and the wider pitch helped, they seemed to swarm players around the ball so there was always space out wide.

I bumped into some Luton fans in the pub (early leavers) who said they had lost by the odd goal but today just didn't turn up and were picked off.

They weren't above us in the table but agree with your points.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Nov 2019 18:18

Brilliant performance. You won’t see many worse teams than Luton to be fair

Rafael - 7

Yiadom - 8
Miazga - 8
Morrison - 9
Moore - 8
Richards - 9.5

Rino - 9
Ejaria - 7.5
Swift - 9.5

Puscas - 8
Baldock - 9

McCleary - 8
Meite - 6
Loader - 6

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 09 Nov 2019 18:19

Old Man Andrews
St Pauli Thought about going to the game, but it was really wet out so I decided to go for a really late pub lunch at the Lyndhurst. Pretty good food to be fair, 8/10.

What you have SP?

Veggie Lasagne and chips (double carbing is a bit 1970s I know but apparently this is what Theresa May served up at Chequers when she was negotiating the ‘chequers’ Brexit Deal, so I wanted to experience what it was like) and Sticky Toffee pudding.

Mrs Sp had beef ragu with pasta, and passion fruit panna cotta.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 09 Nov 2019 18:24

Back from the M25 :cry: .. heard most of the first half on BBRB, before I could escape, give up and headed home. The one piece of insight they offered (one each season) is we have not seen a fully fit Swift in last 2 seasons.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Nov 2019 18:35

:shock: Why was Baldock sidelined? A pivotal part of the team at the current time.

That was a complete team performance. Been a long time coming. Thought the stat that Bowen is Readings most successful manager after 4 games in 40 years is a fair reflection of the transformation. Whatever he and Niedzwiecki are drilling into the players. Certainly is working. Allowing the players to use their best abilities to shine through as well.

Team gets 8.5 from me.
Last edited by Lower West on 09 Nov 2019 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Nov 2019 18:42

What I really liked about that performance was the game management.

We passed it about at the back to control the game, but never allowed ourselves to get under dangerous pressure doing it. And we still had an out ball when we needed it.

I haven't seen a Reading side control a game in that way for years and years.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Nov 2019 18:45

I think this quote from Bowen sums up where we'e gone wrong for the last 3 years

"There's two sides to this game - when you have the ball and when you haven't got it.

"Since taking charge, we've been banging into the lads the importance of getting the ugly side of the game done and if we do that well, our quality will take over.

"That's what happened today and we made sure we got on top early on. To a man - the players did a fabulous job today."

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 09 Nov 2019 18:50

Lower West :shock: Why was Baldock sidelined? A pivotal part of the team at the current time.

Team gets 8.5 from me.

..because he had run himself ragged by chasing just about every ball?

Can’t remember the last game that’s wasn’t exciting, as I knew we’d win from our first goal..of course had Mr Cabral not made a brilliant save first half, it could have looked different, as they do have the 6th most effective attack in terms of results.

Their keeper did well to save Puscas’ header, Club 1871 were on form. 9 from me to them...
Last edited by Singing Defective on 09 Nov 2019 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

122 posts