LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8632 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by BR0B0T » 12 Dec 2019 12:17

Sanguine Liverpool apparently close to signing Takumi Minimino from RB Salzburg, who enhanced is already growing reputation against them in the CL. Bayern also chasing him. But mostly posted this just to note that at 5ft 8ins, he is indeed Minimino.

what position does he play?

Conditioning myself for an LFC title win

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Dec 2019 12:19

BR0B0T
Sanguine Liverpool apparently close to signing Takumi Minimino from RB Salzburg, who enhanced is already growing reputation against them in the CL. Bayern also chasing him. But mostly posted this just to note that at 5ft 8ins, he is indeed Minimino.

what position does he play?

Conditioning myself for an LFC title win

He's a wide player, would go into the rotation of attacking players who seem to be able to play everywhere.

I'd happily admit this season that if Liverpool don't win the league it will and can only be having bottled it. If they beat Leicester on Boxing Day, they'd have to lose 3 or 4 after Xmas just for it to be close, and having lost 1 in 55 this seems unlikely.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 12 Dec 2019 13:11

Suspect the title destination will be a lot clearer after Man City v Leicester on 21 December and Leicester v Liverpool on Boxing Day.
That's assuming Pearson and Farke's teams don't spring any surprises on Saturday

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Dec 2019 21:07

Posters have had so much to say in this thread in the past but are strangely quiet now so I'll keep the topic going.

This is now a very strong squad in all elements ,i.e skill, pace , physical strength and mental strength.
Today I felt, like Crouch said, they could have gone up a gear and I don't think they were tackling with their usual dynamism for fear of picking up injuries and missing next week's big tournament.

Unfortunately Wijnaljum did get injured and joins Matip, Lovren and,Fabinho but they won again and it looks as they would have to lose something like 6 or 7 games during the rest of the season to not win the title.
I believe it is that many games because Leicester and City will drop points as one or both definitely will next week.

It has been a long time getting back to the top but some suffering (the odd English Cup and European Cups have offered some decent silverware) makes it feel even better and added to the fact that most football watchers (in some case grudgingly) actually enjoy watching them.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Dec 2019 21:18

Decent leadership, and hey-presto finally a ‘red’ win

:wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2019 00:40

Victor Meldrew .
Posters have had so much to say in this thread in the past but are strangely quiet now so I'll keep the topic going.

This is now a very strong squad in all elements ,i.e skill, pace , physical strength and mental strength.
Today I felt, like Crouch said, they could have gone up a gear and I don't think they were tackling with their usual dynamism for fear of picking up injuries and missing next week's big tournament.

Unfortunately Wijnaljum did get injured and joins Matip, Lovren and,Fabinho but they won again and it looks as they would have to lose something like 6 or 7 games during the rest of the season to not win the title.
I believe it is that many games because Leicester and City will drop points as one or both definitely will next week.

It has been a long time getting back to the top but some suffering (the odd English Cup and European Cups have offered some decent silverware) makes it feel even better and added to the fact that most football watchers (in some case grudgingly) actually enjoy watching them.

And it will be interesting to see how bothered they are in this daft tournament. If I was Klopp I’d be getting the players geared up for the Leicester game and treating Qatar as friendlies.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 Dec 2019 10:08

Sutekh
Victor Meldrew .

And it will be interesting to see how bothered they are in this daft tournament. If I was Klopp I’d be getting the players geared up for the Leicester game and treating Qatar as friendlies.

Agree. I am sure it is a bit of a money spinner for them but I would love Klopper to have sent a reserve team over. Would have been a really blow to FIFA and would have given them something to think about.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Dec 2019 11:16

Sutekh
Victor Meldrew .

Listening to the radio the other day , apparently this is considered to be the ultimate prize by the South American clubs so it is probably more important than a league cup game v Villa.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 15 Dec 2019 11:27

Victor Meldrew
Sutekh And it will be interesting to see how bothered they are in this daft tournament. If I was Klopp I’d be getting the players geared up for the Leicester game and treating Qatar as friendlies.

Listening to the radio the other day , apparently this is considered to be the ultimate prize by the South American clubs so it is probably more important than a league cup game v Villa.

I've heard a number of scousers on the radio saying how this is quite important to the Liverpool fan base as well. It's the only thing they haven't won and the lost one of the early incarnations (to Inter I think) and it's something that a lot of the longer term supporters have wanted to put right.

I'm sure they'd rather the league title, but it's not quite the irrelevance it is to the majority, by the sounds of it at least.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Dec 2019 00:29

If they are 8+ points ahead in Jan they've done it.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Dec 2019 08:31

I'm the 80's when it was just a single match in Tokyo between the European and South American champions, Liverpool tended to treat it as a friendly and get outclassed/kicked into next week by the South American champions.

They saw it very much as a distraction whereas the South Americans took it seriously and a rare chance to prove they were better than Europe.

Personally, I still think the whole thing is just an elaborate corporate branding exercise for the bigger clubs.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 16 Dec 2019 09:43

There was a decent piece on the 1981 one, where Liverpool got spanked by Flamengo, here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... -world-cup.

Post-2000, I would certainly agree with

the whole thing is just an elaborate corporate branding exercise for the bigger clubs.

Although its nice, in principle, that the OFC, AFC and CAF champions league teams are involved on some level.

I think the one the next year, 1982, was a bit spicy, the UEFA equivalent certainly was (article here, the video clip embedded is a good watch).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Dec 2019 09:58

Winston Biscuit
Sutekh
Victor Meldrew .

Agree. I am sure it is a bit of a money spinner for them but I would love Klopper to have sent a reserve team over. Would have been a really blow to FIFA and would have given them something to think about.

Must be rules in place to stop clubs sending weakened squads I would have thought. Would be very strange if being there forces a league postponement and then they can send the U18s.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 16 Dec 2019 11:47

stealthpapes There was a decent piece on the 1981 one, where Liverpool got spanked by Flamengo, here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... -world-cup.

Post-2000, I would certainly agree with

the whole thing is just an elaborate corporate branding exercise for the bigger clubs.

Although its nice, in principle, that the OFC, AFC and CAF champions league teams are involved on some level.

I think the one the next year, 1982, was a bit spicy, the UEFA equivalent certainly was (article here, the video clip embedded is a good watch).

good watch indeed...keeper leg kicks the Villa penalty scorer to the ground...definite yeLOLow!

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Dec 2019 13:29

It sure is a tricky one.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 Dec 2019 20:34

got to take the lols where you can this season

LiverpooLOL!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Dec 2019 21:02

BR0B0T got to take the lols where you can this season

LiverpoSCHOOLOL!

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 Dec 2019 21:26

AthleticoSpizz
BR0B0T got to take the lols where you can this season

LiverpoSCHOOLOL!

fair do's

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Dec 2019 19:35

Liverpool in the final.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 Dec 2019 06:52

Simmops Liverpool in the final.

Clinton Morrison (Sky Sports) must’ve been watching a different game to us.
Yes, Monterrey were better than we thought they might be, but they weren’t “dominating” at any stage.
Yes, Allison had a few saves to make, but opposition players are allowed to shoot when they have the ball - it’s their job. Doesn’t mean that much
And why have Liverpool signed Salah’s rather shitter brother. He seems so intent on producing s9mething that he’s gone to pot. Even his contribution to the winner was effectively losing the ball down a blind alley

8632 posts