Rival Watch

17149 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Franchise FC » 16 Dec 2019 11:03

Old Man Andrews
Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews No we aren't as good because of the points difference.

The fact Leeds and WBA are separated by two points and Leeds beat WBA when they went head to head is proof Leeds are the better side.

You are Jeremy Corbyn AICMFP
You've picked out one item in my reply in an attempt to continue deluding yourself.

Set the poll up - see who agrees with you.

My time is up feeding the troll

You're just not understanding football thats all, don't be mad at yourself.

Group of teams form a division within a league
Team gets picked to kick ball into opponents goal more times than in their own
Team that scores more gets 3 points
Teams that don't get no points
Teams that score the same as other team get 1 point
Points added together from games dictates formation of table
Team at top deemed best team (by the exceeding vast majority of all football fans (except Southampton and West Ham in 2012))

What have I missed ?
(apart from the bonus points for beating anyone that's within two points of your own team)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Dec 2019 11:04

Hound is this trolling/argument still going?

Used to like this thread to chat about other clubs - been absolutely ruined.

We are talking about two rival clubs, thats what the thread is for. It is a healthy debate.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Dec 2019 11:04

Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox
You said you can only go on head to head results. Please think before posting next time gimp.

Yes but obviously referring to two teams that play in the same league and are as close as WBA and Leeds are. If you had some level of intelligence you would know this.

if you had any level of intelligence you would see that the team higher in the league is the better side. £20 charity bet that WBA finish above Leeds?

This is true at the end of a league season, this is not true in December.

I wouldn't trust you to pay me I'm afraid.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 16 Dec 2019 11:05

Hound is this trolling/argument still going?

Used to like this thread to chat about other clubs - been absolutely ruined.

In fairness we are still talking about other clubs. Just two that are too good to be considered rivals for us... oh wait we drew with WBA so according to OMA we are just as good as them

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 16 Dec 2019 11:06

Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews Yes but obviously referring to two teams that play in the same league and are as close as WBA and Leeds are. If you had some level of intelligence you would know this.

if you had any level of intelligence you would see that the team higher in the league is the better side. £20 charity bet that WBA finish above Leeds?

I wouldn't be paying you, it would be to charity, of your choice. But if your not confident then that's fine.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Dec 2019 11:07

Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox

I wouldn't be paying you, it would be to charity, of your choice. But if your not confident then that's fine.

No I would want the money.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Dec 2019 11:25

This thread will be fun when WBA play Leeds in a couple of weeks...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Dec 2019 11:27

URZZZZ This thread will be fun when WBA play Leeds in a couple of weeks...

My point will be proven and you'll have to apologise to me.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Dec 2019 12:59

FFS this constant bitching is boring and ruining a decent thread.

I’m pleased to see the Fulham promotion charge faltering - a bit similar to our mid table charge.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Dec 2019 13:01

leon FFS this constant bitching is boring and ruining a decent thread.

I’m pleased to see the Fulham promotion charge faltering - a bit similar to our mid table charge.

Its a debate about two rival teams Leon, it is kinda what the thread is for..............

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Dec 2019 13:04

Old Man Andrews

Its a debate about two rival teams Leon, it is kinda what the thread is for..............

No it’s constant bitching.

Anyway I’m not getting involved.

I see Middlesbrough are looking decked.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Dec 2019 13:18

I’m not sure if Hector is a good signing for them or not, their defence still looks suspect and whilst he’s a good enough ball player, his defending can also be quite dodgy

Reckon they’ll get a good run again soon and end in the playoffs, they’ve got a pretty easy run after the weekend, us Luton, Stoke, Boro, Charlton, Huddersfield etc

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Dec 2019 13:39

URZZZZ

I’m not sure if Hector is a good signing for them or not, their defence still looks suspect and whilst he’s a good enough ball player, his defending can also be quite dodgy

Reckon they’ll get a good run again soon and end in the playoffs, they’ve got a pretty easy run after the weekend, us Luton, Stoke, Boro, Charlton, Huddersfield etc

looks like they've blown their auto chances - obvs still time to catch up but going to be a huge ask

Isnt there something like 5 points between 3rd and 12th? Incredibly tight after the top 2

Agree with Leon, please stop the WBA/Leeds shit. I know its 'two rival teams' but it is wrecking what's normally one of the better threads.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Dec 2019 13:46

leon I see Middlesbrough are looking decked.

Should be a thriller on Friday night when they host Stoke. Should they lose that one, does Woodgate go?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Dec 2019 13:48

John Smith
leon I see Middlesbrough are looking decked.

Should be a thriller on Friday night when they host Stoke. Should they lose that one, does Woodgate go?

I don't see Woodgate going , not yet anyway. The chairman is very patient with his managers and Woodgate had virtually no money to spend in the summer. Where they are is probably about right.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Dec 2019 13:48

Hound
URZZZZ

looks like they've blown their auto chances - obvs still time to catch up but going to be a huge ask

Isnt there something like 5 points between 3rd and 12th? Incredibly tight after the top 2

Agree with Leon, please stop the WBA/Leeds shit. I know its 'two rival teams' but it is wrecking what's normally one of the better threads.

QPR who are 13th are two wins off Preston who are 3rd, it’s incredibly tight there but there seems to be about 6/7 teams pulling away at the bottom now, we really need to get away from that

I didn’t say anything about Leeds vs WBA either, I logged in to see about 30 new posts, thought something had happened and then saw that

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Dec 2019 17:35

genome Was it this annoying with me and Kes?

At times.

Partly for me at least, because I always thought you were better than that.

Barb

by Barb » 20 Dec 2019 16:14

Hoping for a Middlesbrough win tonight. Yes, they'll go above us, however a win tomorrow would then leapfrog them again and pull further away from stoke.

Points at the bottom is all I care about at the moment as I'd like to go into the last 5 games safe so that we can start to an for next season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Dec 2019 16:47

Think a draw would be better but agree that a Boro win would be better than a Stoke win. The only thing is that I can still see Stoke getting out of it, especially with their manager whereas I’m not sure Boro will

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Dec 2019 20:44

1 shot on target each in the first half, it's an improvement over our game with them last week.

17149 posts