BFTG QPR

147 posts
St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

BFTG QPR

by St Pauli » 26 Dec 2019 22:40

I was thinking of going to this, but I had a lot on today.

But I went anyway.

My first game in a while, and first time in the South Stand since Club 1871 became a thing.

I’m not 100% supportive of the increasing ultra style support in British football, but have to admit that the Reading scene in the East stand was on its arse and dying (with the exception of the odd game) last time I attended regularly. So I’m all in favour of this new youth movement in the south stand.

They also seem relatively open to switching to tried and tested traditional chants when such chants get the stand going. So a good mix of old school spontaneity and youthful ultra exuberance. Top marks.

Oh and yeah the football was OK too .

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG QPR

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2019 22:45

2nd half Gunter looked a liability defensively, as did Blacket. Neither can defend, which is terrifying when you're trying to hold onto a win. Sky showed a compilation of Eze brilliance which was actually just a compilation of Gunter failing to put any sort of challenge in whilst running backwards towards goal.

Adams still looked quality at passing but became more of a liability as the game went (see his Sunday league slice).
Meite Awful.

Not Ejarias best game - Eze looked better for me. Swift very good 2nd half + obvs Worldie. Best team won despite us deciding to just camp in our own box for the last 15 mins in a last ditch attempt to lose the game. Thought QPR were poor all in all.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 26 Dec 2019 22:48

St Pauli I was thinking of going to this, but I had a lot on today.

But I went anyway.

My first game in a while, and first time in the South Stand since Club 1871 became a thing.

I’m not 100% supportive of the increasing ultra style support in British football, but have to admit that the Reading scene in the East stand was on its arse and dying (with the exception of the odd game) last time I attended regularly. So I’m all in favour of this new youth movement in the south stand.

They also seem relatively open to switching to tried and tested traditional chants when such chants get the stand going. So a good mix of old school spontaneity and youthful ultra exuberance. Top marks.

Oh and yeah the football was OK too .

Yeah, Club 1871 were on better form than for the last two home games. Shame the rest of the stadium did not join in enough, judging by the comments from a couple of guys sitting near us, who couldn’t identify our players, this was not a crowd composed of regulars, which may explain the effect.

I still want to know where Fortuna was sitting, but she was definitely somewhere in the home end...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Dec 2019 22:53

Jagermesiter1871 2nd half Gunter looked a liability defensively, as did Blacket. Neither can defend, which is terrifying when you're trying to hold onto a win. Sky showed a compilation of Eze brilliance which was actually just a compilation of Gunter failing to put any sort of challenge in whilst running backwards towards goal.

Adams still looked quality at passing but became more of a liability as the game went (see his Sunday league slice).
Meite Awful.

Not Ejarias best game - Eze looked better for me. Swift very good 2nd half + obvs Worldie. Best team won despite us deciding to just camp in our own box for the last 15 mins in a last ditch attempt to lose the game. Thought QPR were poor all in all.

Adam. It is Charlie ADAM.

Sorry to pick you up on it but it is starting to become bugbear for me.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Dec 2019 22:55

One thought about formation and system the last couple of games. If we want 433 / 4231 to be a viable option, we need more wide players. Ejaria is wasted on the left wing and doesn't have nearly the same level of influence.

Good result and performance overall, but an extra wide option would balance our squad.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Dec 2019 23:01

WestYorksRoyal One thought about formation and system the last couple of games. If we want 433 / 4231 to be a viable option, we need more wide players. Ejaria is wasted on the left wing and doesn't have nearly the same level of influence.

Good result and performance overall, but an extra wide option would balance our squad.

Agree, he doesn't seem want to put in a cross. Particularly first half, had a number of attacks coming in from the right, as Gunts was crossing as soon as he had the opportunity. On the other side Ejaria seemed to want to try and run it in, which was not working. Running it in from centre midfield works a lot better.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Dec 2019 23:08

Today was a lot better than Derby. It was almost like the Reading of old. We played relatively quick football, fullbacks bombing forward for the first half an hour and I was really impressed. We had a poor 15 minute spell minutes 30-45 but never really look threatened and then we played well again for the second half, bar the last 10

My one criticism today of the team is the shape to hold onto the lead, we sat back wayyyyy too much and invited the pressure

Rafael 8 - I actually thought his distribution was poor with three occasions in the first half where he should have come out and didn’t, but his save alone gets him that rating

Gunter 8 - played really well, apart from that one moment where he switched off
Morrison 8 - one v good clearance off the line, was terrific
Moore 8 - again, a rock but he can improve his tempo on the ball
Blackett 7 - started really well, struggled to cope with BOS for a while but then regained control

Three games with this back five, three clean sheets :wink: When you consider only one makes our “supposed” best four, it’s impressive

Pele 8 - I’m really starting to warm to him, plays the deep lying role really well
Adam 7 - his intelligence showed and another proving me (and others) wrong. Would suggest he’s more than a luxury tbh

Meite 7 - won headers throughout, kept the pitch wide, drove at the defence. A couple of comical moments towards the end
Swift 7 - actually thought he was slightly off the pace but by large, we missed him. Superb strike
Ejaria 7 - taking up a similar role to his last year, did well enough, should have scored early on though

Joao 8 - another proving me wrong. Thought he started well, had a poor 20 minutes but his second half was sublime. Some really good pieces of hold up play

Subs

Didn’t really notice Rino
Olise did some really strange things
Boye was partially at fault for their late chance, should never have committed

Onwards and Upwards

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2019 23:08

Stranded
Jagermesiter1871 2nd half Gunter looked a liability defensively, as did Blacket. Neither can defend, which is terrifying when you're trying to hold onto a win. Sky showed a compilation of Eze brilliance which was actually just a compilation of Gunter failing to put any sort of challenge in whilst running backwards towards goal.

Meite Awful.

Never heard of him.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Dec 2019 23:11

Oyeh Pelle was class today. Was the only solid mid and is a class above Rino for me, certainly in that deep role.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Dec 2019 23:12

Stranded

Meite Awful.

Agree, he isn’t a newbie to the game. It is Adam.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG QPRji

by Zip » 26 Dec 2019 23:17

Really don’t agree about Gunter. I thought he was excellent. Club 1871 take a bow. Terrific tonight. I barely noticed the Rangers fans. Moved seats at half time as the pissed up moron behind us in row HH of the ED was seriously annoying.

Rafael. 7. Another clean sheet and crucial saves
Gunter. 8 MoTM. Several excellent crosses, Did well defensively
Moore. 8 Looks back to his very best
Morrison. 7. Much better in a back four. Solid.
Blackett. 6. Got well beaten on one occasion. Generally ok though
Pele. 8. Strong and composed on the ball
Adam. 7. Some lovely passing and vision again
Ejaria. 6. Some nice skill but didn’t hurt the fakes upfield
Swift. 7. Not at his best in the first half but much better thereafter and what a goal
Meite. 6. Combined well with Gunts, Good in the air, A bit clumsy at times
Joao. 7. Unlucky not to score. Linked up play well

Rinomhota. 5 Off the pace
Olise. 6 Showed some nice touches
Miazga. Didn’t really notice him

Eze was impressive for the fakes.
Last edited by Zip on 26 Dec 2019 23:30, edited 2 times in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Dec 2019 23:19

Unbelievable goal and incredible (if fluke) save made it a game to remember.

That’ll do for me.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Dec 2019 23:22

Going to games has become enjoyable again. All credit to Bowen for being brave and putting his trust in the players,

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Dec 2019 23:22

Zip Miazga. Didn’t really notice him

Probably a reason for that :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Dec 2019 23:23

Zip Really don’t agree about Gunter. I thought he was excellent. Club 1871 take a bow. Terrific tonight. I barely noticed the Rangers fans. Moved seats at half time as the pissed up moron behind us in row HH of the ED was seriously annoying.

Swift. 7. Not at his best in the first half but much better thereafter and what a goal

Eve was e celebrate for the fakes.

Not surprising really.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Dec 2019 23:23

Zip Really don’t agree about Gunter. I thought he was excellent. Club 1871 take a bow. Terrific tonight. I barely noticed the Rangers fans. Moved seats at half time as the pissed up moron behind us in row HH of the ED was seriously annoying.

Did you not notice Miazaga because he was Boye ?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Dec 2019 23:28

Nameless

Did you not notice Miazaga because he was Boye ?

Indeed it was and he was poor again.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Dec 2019 23:30

URZZZZ

I know. :oops: Boye 4 . Failed to hold onto the ball on several occasions.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Dec 2019 23:32

Zip
URZZZZ

So, if it was Miazga you didn't notice him, but as it was Boye he was poor?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Dec 2019 23:34

Pepe the Horseman
Zip
URZZZZ

So, if it was Miazga you didn't notice him, but as it was Boye he was poor?

Er yes because he was crap. There was a reason why I hadn’t noticed Miazga.

147 posts