MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h) sponsored by cup fever

185 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h) sponsored by cup fever

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 15:03

genome Just me who's willing to give him a chance to prove himself?

It worked with Gunter

Gunter at the very least tried his best in his time at the club. Aluko strolled around the entire first season he was here and never put in a good display, he doesn't deserve a 7th chances to prove himself.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 15:10

Old Man Andrews

It worked with Gunter

Gunter at the very least tried his best in his time at the club. Aluko strolled around the entire first season he was here and never put in a good display, he doesn't deserve a 7th chances to prove himself.

“Never put in a good display” - OK then

This would be Aluko’s 3rd chance. In his 2nd, he showed some decent performances

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 15:12

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews

It worked with Gunter

This would be Aluko’s 3rd chance. In his 2nd, he showed some decent performances

You have no idea what you are talking about sadly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2020 15:17

It worked with Gunter

Gunter wasn't a totally useless waster, just bang average with a great work ethic.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2020 15:27

It worked with Gunter

different case entirely. Gunter has undoubtedly been a good servant, and even last year played pretty well at times. Aluko has been one massive and expensive disaster, who has looked thoroughly disinterested every time he has been on the pitch. Best just to cut our losses

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2020 15:29

Still, I would give him the chance to see if his time away has sorted him out.

If he still looks bad, get rid.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 15:29

genome Still, I would give him the chance to see if his time away has sorted him out.

If he still looks bad, get rid.

Why do our young talented players have to take a backseat to him??? He has had his day. Bye Bye.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 15:44

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Gunter at the very least tried his best in his time at the club. Aluko strolled around the entire first season he was here and never put in a good display, he doesn't deserve a 7th chances to prove himself.

Coming from the supposed “fan” who doesn’t even know his preferred position, your opinions are invalid

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2020 15:46

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Coming from the supposed “fan” who doesn’t even know his preferred position, your opinions are invalid

tbh I've no idea what his preferred position is either. Floating around somewhere up front with doing the least amount of work/responsibility I'm guessing

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 15:49

Hound
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews You have no idea what you are talking about sadly.

tbh I've no idea what his preferred position is either. Floating around somewhere up front with doing the least amount of work/responsibility I'm guessing

Pretty much, he does float around in random areas

But I don’t necessarily buy the lazy argument. He was a keen presser of the ball when he was at Fulham, and his pressing gave us nightmares when they thumped us 5-0 in 2016. He was just awful at tracking his man because he played inside too often

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 16:11

URZZZZ
Hound
URZZZZ

But I don’t necessarily buy the lazy argument. He was a keen presser of the ball when he was at Fulham, and his pressing gave us nightmares when they thumped us 5-0 in 2016. He was just awful at tracking his man because he played inside too often

Literally nobody agrees with you. Take a year off or something, you have not got a clue.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Jan 2020 16:22

Im all up for 2nd chances but you got to earn your 2nd chance. 3rd chance should not be a thing.
He cant waltz back into the squad and expect to be considered. What would that say to rest of the squad who have been on the sidelines waiting to prove themselves?
He was shipped out to the first club willing to take him, same again please, so lets not cup tie him.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 16:25

Coppells Lost Coat Im all up for 2nd chances but you got to earn your 2nd chance. 3rd chance should not be a thing.
He cant waltz back into the squad and expect to be considered. What would that say to rest of the squad who have been on the sidelines waiting to prove themselves?
He was shipped out to the first club willing to take him, same again please, so lets not cup tie him.

My question is what did he do wrong in his second chance? Everyone can agree he performed poorly under Stam and Clement to a lesser extent. But under Gomes, he performed reasonably well nearly every time. Or is everyone forgetting that bit deliberately so that the “facts” fit in with their opinions better?

He only went because of FFP issues

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 16:27

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Hound

Literally nobody agrees with you. Take a year off or something, you have not got a clue.

No-one agreed with me that Gunter should perhaps keep his place over Yiadom and that’s hasn’t turned out badly has it OMA?

Anyway, what happened to the NYR of not being a knob? Didn’t last long did it

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 16:29

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

No-one agreed with me that Gunter should perhaps keep his place over Yiadom and that’s hasn’t turned out badly has it OMA?

Anyway, what happened to the NYR of not being a knob? Didn’t last long did it

I didnt say anything of the sort. I'm just holding you to account, you need to be scrutinised and corrected.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2020 16:30

ugh

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 16:31

genome ugh

Haven't you been told to stay out of discussions me and Urzzz have if you don't like them? We are debating Aluko so it's completely on topic.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2020 16:32

URZZZZ
Coppells Lost Coat Im all up for 2nd chances but you got to earn your 2nd chance. 3rd chance should not be a thing.

My question is what did he do wrong in his second chance? Everyone can agree he performed poorly under Stam and Clement to a lesser extent. But under Gomes, he performed reasonably well nearly every time. Or is everyone forgetting that bit deliberately so that the “facts” fit in with their opinions better?

he only played a couple under Gomes didnt he? I can't remember anything much that he did, bar a goal at Derby and a reasonable cameo against Man U.

Second chance was surely Clement anyway. Stam 1, Clement 2 and he was a goner by the time Howe came back in

1 goal and 1 assist in 19 appearance in the season overall though. He was utter bollocks and I'd be delighted never to see him again

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Jan 2020 16:40

Hound
URZZZZ

he only played a couple under Gomes didnt he? I can't remember anything much that he did, bar a goal at Derby and a reasonable cameo against Man U.

1 goal and 1 assist in 19 appearance in the season overall though. He was utter bollocks and I'd be delighted never to see him again

These are the games he featured under Gomes last year:

QPR - was good that day
Swansea - not great, but one of the brighter sparks
United - good impact off the bench
Derby - good impact off the bench
Bolton - did quite well
Villa - small cameo appearance
Wednesday - again, was one of our brighter players
Blackburn - was poor and subbed off at half time

He also started the season quite well, with a couple of good performances against Derby and Blackburn. Just a shame he had a few stinkers in September and October but coincidentally, these were all games he was shunted out to the right wing with Gunter behind him!

I’m not sure the stats for Barrow but IIRC up until the time Aluko went, he himself had 1 goal and about 2/3 assists. Yet people were clamouring him for to start every week. Different standards for different players etc etc...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Jan 2020 16:44

URZZZZ
Hound
URZZZZ

These are the games he featured under Gomes last year:

QPR - was good that day
Swansea - not great, but one of the brighter sparks
United - good impact off the bench
Derby - good impact off the bench
Bolton - did quite well
Villa - small cameo appearance
Wednesday - again, was one of our brighter players
Blackburn - was poor and subbed off at half time

He also started the season quite well, with a couple of good performances against Derby and Blackburn. Just a shame he had a few stinkers in September and October but coincidentally, these were all games he was shunted out to the right wing with Gunter behind him!

I’m not sure the stats for Barrow but IIRC up until the time Aluko went, he himself had 1 goal and about 2/3 assists. Yet people were clamouring him for to start every week. Different standards for different players etc etc...

:roll:

185 posts