Rumour - Glenn Murray

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Rumour - Glenn Murray

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Jan 2020 11:34

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... s-17543795

Reading have been installed as the new favourites so sign Brighton and Hove Albion striker Glenn Murray in January.

Murray has made 13 appearances for Brighton in the Premier League this term but is yet to find the net, having struck 13 times in the top-flight last season.

The 36-year-old striker is set to leave the Seagulls this window after falling out of favour under new manager Graham Potter.

The ex-Swansea City head coach has instead opted for Neal Maupay in attack, after his summer move from Brentford.

That leaves Murray on the lookout for a new temporary home, with a host of Championship clubs queuing up to take him on loan for the remainder of the season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Glenn Murray

by Hound » 10 Jan 2020 11:36

Can’t see this happening with Joao, Puscas, Meite and Baldock all fit

Would do a good job for someone no doubts but I’d rather stick with Joao

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jan 2020 11:37

Should've tried to sign him when he was here before.

I'd be wary at 36 if this was for a permanent deal and Joao seems to be doing a good job right now.

I could be on board for a loan until the end of the season though, even if it was just for cover and in case Joao starts to regress a bit.

TadleyURZ

by TadleyURZ » 10 Jan 2020 11:42

Always seems to be able to nick a goal, even at 36 could be a decent short term signing

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jan 2020 11:47

Nah. Good player and all but our best stocked position right now. Our record signing is going to find it hard to break back into the team as it is. We dont need an aging forward keeping him out.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jan 2020 11:47

Hendo Should've tried to sign him when he was here before.

I'd be wary at 36 if this was for a permanent deal and Joao seems to be doing a good job right now.

I could be on board for a loan until the end of the season though, even if it was just for cover and in case Joao starts to regress a bit.

Thought we did try to sign him and he turned us down?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jan 2020 11:49

NewCorkSeth

Thought we did try to sign him and he turned us down?

We should've tried harder then, goddamnit!

Wasn't aware of this tbh.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 10 Jan 2020 12:07

He would easily be the best finisher at the club if we were to make the signing, for that reason it’s a yes from me. He can be our 2020 Jason Roberts.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jan 2020 12:08

NewCorkSeth Nah. Good player and all but our best stocked position right now. Our record signing is going to find it hard to break back into the team as it is. We dont need an aging forward keeping him out.

Baldock and Murray were a good partnership a couple of years ago for Brighton but as we only play one up top, I'm tending to agree with you

Of course, if the situation were to change, and we were to go back to two up top, it'd be a welcome signing

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jan 2020 12:32

We need a bit of pace really, Murray isn't that. For me we should be looking at getting a very high quality winger in on loan for 6 months, spend the budget on that. Someone like Atsu at Newcastle to name but one.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2020 12:59

We did.

I agree that at 36 and with who we already have it's a fairly daft move. 2 years younger and I'd easily prefer him to basically any of our strikers.

Likely to be expensive. On a last hurrah. Injury risk. Already fairly bloated position.

Just makes no sense despite his obvious quality.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Jan 2020 13:08

Interesting. Possibly another close comparison to 2012 when Jason Roberts arrived...

Happy to take him on a 6 month deal if it’s affordable.

Barb

by Barb » 10 Jan 2020 13:18

We're likely to be playing one up front considering our recent form. The guy just doesn't fit in now unless you really want to piss Puscas off.

No point in this signing.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Jan 2020 13:22

Old Man Andrews We need a bit of pace really, Murray isn't that. For me we should be looking at getting a very high quality winger in on loan for 6 months, spend the budget on that. Someone like Atsu at Newcastle to name but one.

Yeah agreed - we need pace. If we were blessed with quick wingers/attacking midfielders then this could be interesting however....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Jan 2020 13:24

Hound Can’t see this happening with Joao, Puscas, Meite and Baldock all fit

Who's to say one of those wouldn't make way?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Jan 2020 13:46

leon
Old Man Andrews We need a bit of pace really, Murray isn't that. For me we should be looking at getting a very high quality winger in on loan for 6 months, spend the budget on that. Someone like Atsu at Newcastle to name but one.

Yeah agreed - we need pace. If we were blessed with quick wingers/attacking midfielders then this could be interesting however....

How's Kenedy's effort to stay and fight for his place at Chelsea working out?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Jan 2020 13:53

WestYorksRoyal
leon

He's on loan at Getafe.............

Barb

by Barb » 10 Jan 2020 13:54

WestYorksRoyal
leon

Not well considering he's been playing in Spain all season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2020 16:11

John Smith

It's the fact at least three, if not all four would have to make way that's the point John.

Not much point bringing in Murray to be 4th choice if we're playing 1 upfront is there.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Jan 2020 16:26

Snowflake Royal
John Smith

It's the fact at least three, if not all four would have to make way that's the point John.

Not much point bringing in Murray to be 4th choice if we're playing 1 upfront is there.

Not really. If he came he'd be used in favour of Joao, Meite and Baldock. I think we should get rid of Meite and use Loader as an impact man while Puscas gets back to full fitness.