Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Jagermesiter1871 » 06 Jan 2020 11:54

Back on topic - are people seriously suggesting Blackpool is a better place to live than Reading? :lol:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 06 Jan 2020 12:59

Jagermesiter1871 Back on topic - are people seriously suggesting Blackpool is a better place to live than Reading? :lol:

Can you rent a room in Reading with a sink you can piss in, and get a cooked breakfast with tinned tomatoes and fried bread for £12 or less? Thought not, case dismissed.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 06 Jan 2020 18:09

Mr Optimist
Jagermesiter1871 Back on topic - are people seriously suggesting Blackpool is a better place to live than Reading? :lol:

Can you rent a room in Reading with a sink you can piss in, and get a cooked breakfast with tinned tomatoes and fried bread for £12 or less? Thought not, case dismissed.

Bet that fact alone helps to attract international footballers like nothing else. Not sure they’d be allowed the fried bread during the season, but hey, what’s not to love about tinned tomatoes on their own...

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Jan 2020 21:55

Thick Forest Fan Yes, felt like a defeat, but would have taken that result at 3pm.

But really, even though our record there isn't good, I consider Reading a third division club playing above their natural level and expect a win every time we go there.

Just me I suppose.

Not a bad day out though.

:lol:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Jan 2020 22:02

Forest Mug Just got back and I feel like we've lost. We worked our socks off this afternoon in the face of a number of challenges that the referee ignored and on a poor pitch.

Samba - 7 - I've only seen their goal in real time and I don't believe it was his fault. He had a good game and crosses into the area that we used to dread are no longer a worry with Samba.
Cash - 7 - had a good game and got some meaty tackles in...I don't know who allowed the cross.
Figs - 7 - decent game...able to carry the ball out of defence which helps our midfield hugely.
Worrall - 7 - very solid, won loads in the air..
Chema - 7 - until he got cramp he was doing OK...I still think Rebeiro is a better full back but Chema sticks at it....and is better than Robinson, who wasn't even on the bench...
Ribeiro - 6 - he works hard but isn't a midfield player...he's a full back..
Watson - 7 - I know he's only got one gear but he did put a shift in and did score.
Silva - 6 - it was a bit too physical for him today. Adam was a twat and Silva got no protection whatsoever from an appalling referee,
Sow - 8 - immense....took on Adam..and everybody else. If only we can keep him fit...
Amoebi - 6 - had a really good first half but faded.
Grabban - 7 - ran himself into the crowd but it must be so hard playing up front by yourself....I know Stan Collymore did it but Grabban doesn't have the physique or pace of Stan. Should have scored in the 2nd half.

Subs:

Lolley - 6 - started well..then faded...he must be carrying an injury.
Yates - 6 - I though he did OK - he added some beef to our midfield.
Jenkinson - 5 - obviously not the ideal person to bring on but as Chema has cramp Sabri had no choice.

Our fans: Yes we sold our allocation but there was a row of 10 seats near us with no-one in them....how come? I thought our fans were quiet today.

The refereee: he was awful...the original home referee....why don't we get them at the City Ground.

There's a pub right outside the station, good choice of beers & decent food.

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 11 Jan 2020 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 22:03

Jagermesiter1871
Thick Forest Fan Yes, felt like a defeat, but would have taken that result at 3pm.

But really, even though our record there isn't good, I consider Reading a third division club playing above their natural level and expect a win every time we go there.

Just me I suppose.

I genuinely really like Forest as a club, and I enjoy making the trip up to the City ground - particularly when we win 4-3 or 3-2 as we have in the last decade.

Comments like the above though are just nonsensical. This is a club that are dining out on a three year spell forty years ago, and let’s not forget they haven’t been in the top flight for over 20 years now. They also spent some of today’s game singing about how ‘magic’ they are - delusions of grandeur much?

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 11 Jan 2020 22:04

Jagermesiter1871

Just me I suppose.

We’ve had three seasons in the PL since they were last in it. They’ve been in L1 more recently than us. We’re 18? seasons in a row above the third tier.

Can’t argue with two European Cups though - won on the back of just one league title.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Jan 2020 22:19

Fox Talbot
Jagermesiter1871

Just me I suppose.

We’ve had three seasons in the PL since they were last in it. They’ve been in L1 more recently than us. We’re 18? seasons in a row above the third tier.

Can’t argue with two European Cups though - won on the back of just one league title.

Only 11 behind the record.

Let's be honest, they had one of the top five greatest managers this country has ever produced. He took them to heights that they never really had before and are very unlikely to ever have again.

Bar those years of Clough genius, which very few if any other managers would be able to achieve, they've had a pretty average history, bar an FA Cup in the 1890s and another in the 1950s.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 11 Jan 2020 22:26

Jagermesiter1871

Just me I suppose.

To be fair, Forest have been I the 3rd Division a lot more recently than us so he should know what he is talking about on that score.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jan 2020 22:29

sandman
Fox Talbot
Jagermesiter1871

Only 11 behind the record.

Let's be honest, they had one of the top five greatest managers this country has ever produced. He took them to heights that they never really had before and are very unlikely to ever have again.

Bar those years of Clough genius, which very few if any other managers would be able to achieve, they've had a pretty average history, bar an FA Cup in the 1890s and another in the 1950s.

Agreed although I would say it was Clough and Taylor. Without Taylor by his side Clough was nowhere near as successful.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 12 Jan 2020 00:00

URZZZZZZZZ Comments like the above though are just nonsensical. This is a club that are dining out on a three year spell forty years ago, and let’s not forget they haven’t been in the top flight for over 20 years now. They also spent some of today’s game singing about how ‘magic’ they are - delusions of grandeur much?

Singing about an era so long ago that it was when Michael Jackson was himself an abused child, as if it means they ought to be beating us on the pitch...

One day fans will realise that 'history' doesn't win football matches. Yeah, we don't have a lot to sing about, but unlike most of their fans, at least we don't have to sing about stuff that happened before we were born.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Jan 2020 00:05

tmesis
URZZZZZZZZ Comments like the above though are just nonsensical. This is a club that are dining out on a three year spell forty years ago, and let’s not forget they haven’t been in the top flight for over 20 years now. They also spent some of today’s game singing about how ‘magic’ they are - delusions of grandeur much?

Singing about an era so long ago that it was when Michael Jackson was himself an abused child, as if it means they ought to be beating us on the pitch...

One day fans will realise that 'history' doesn't win football matches. Yeah, we don't have a lot to sing about, but unlike most of their fans, at least we don't have to sing about stuff that happened before we were born.

I think deep down, fans know that

They just need something to cling onto because they haven’t achieved anything in the near past. Forest and Leeds are the main culprits for this and you can see why

JR

by JR » 12 Jan 2020 00:24

Jagermesiter1871
Forest Mug Just got back and I feel like we've lost. We worked our socks off this afternoon in the face of a number of challenges that the referee ignored and on a poor pitch.

Samba - 7 - I've only seen their goal in real time and I don't believe it was his fault. He had a good game and crosses into the area that we used to dread are no longer a worry with Samba.
Cash - 7 - had a good game and got some meaty tackles in...I don't know who allowed the cross.
Figs - 7 - decent game...able to carry the ball out of defence which helps our midfield hugely.
Worrall - 7 - very solid, won loads in the air..
Chema - 7 - until he got cramp he was doing OK...I still think Rebeiro is a better full back but Chema sticks at it....and is better than Robinson, who wasn't even on the bench...
Ribeiro - 6 - he works hard but isn't a midfield player...he's a full back..
Watson - 7 - I know he's only got one gear but he did put a shift in and did score.
Silva - 6 - it was a bit too physical for him today. Adam was a twat and Silva got no protection whatsoever from an appalling referee,
Sow - 8 - immense....took on Adam..and everybody else. If only we can keep him fit...
Amoebi - 6 - had a really good first half but faded.
Grabban - 7 - ran himself into the crowd but it must be so hard playing up front by yourself....I know Stan Collymore did it but Grabban doesn't have the physique or pace of Stan. Should have scored in the 2nd half.

Subs:

Lolley - 6 - started well..then faded...he must be carrying an injury.
Yates - 6 - I though he did OK - he added some beef to our midfield.
Jenkinson - 5 - obviously not the ideal person to bring on but as Chema has cramp Sabri had no choice.

Our fans: Yes we sold our allocation but there was a row of 10 seats near us with no-one in them....how come? I thought our fans were quiet today.

The refereee: he was awful...the original home referee....why don't we get them at the City Ground.

There's a pub right outside the station, good choice of beers & decent food.

:lol: :lol:

Heard the same from other Forest fans.

Shows that either the ref was generally rubbish for both teams, or it’s almost impossible to please both sets of fans as we are always going to be blinkered.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2020 08:55

I can see the view he gave us a lot of soft fouls. I don't remember him getting many foul decisions wrong. Although Forest could maybe point to Puscas hitting a player in the face before jumping as a red...

The stats certainly show he gave a lot of fouls against Forwst and their players were pissed about it.

Our complaints revolve around a couple of calls on corners or the ball going out, which are more a linesman issue and always difficult to tell, with the officials almost always better positioned to tell. Meite's penalty call, which looked a bit dubious to me and from the ref's angle would be near impossible to call, and then mainly his complete lack of cards for Sow despite 4 fouls that warranted one, plus Watson getting away with one or two before eventually getting booked too.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Jan 2020 09:43

Snowflake Royal I can see the view he gave us a lot of soft fouls. I don't remember him getting many foul decisions wrong. Although Forest could maybe point to Puscas hitting a player in the face before jumping as a red...

The stats certainly show he gave a lot of fouls against Forwst and their players were pissed about it.

Our complaints revolve around a couple of calls on corners or the ball going out, which are more a linesman issue and always difficult to tell, with the officials almost always better positioned to tell. Meite's penalty call, which looked a bit dubious to me and from the ref's angle would be near impossible to call, and then mainly his complete lack of cards for Sow despite 4 fouls that warranted one, plus Watson getting away with one or two before eventually getting booked too.

I agree with this. Didn’t think he got a lot wrong in terms of actual fouls being given, it was more the lack of cards that annoyed me. Especially for Sow who should’ve been booked. Also the booking he gave to Meite was a bit :| seeing as their player was down rolling around, suddenly got up and sprinted towards Meite getting in his face.

The issue with the goal should sit squarely with the lino.

I couldn’t tell whether it was a pen from where I was sitting so can’t really say too much about that.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jan 2020 09:47

Bring back Bournemouth Royal, he was far less tiresome.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Jan 2020 12:52

Lots of name calling on twitter about how irrelevant we are, so irrelevant in fact they have to go on social media and tell everyone, weird.
Sometimes wonder what we`ve done to upset so many sets of fans?

They are still living on European cup triumphs on black and white tv :D

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 12 Jan 2020 12:56

windermereROYAL Lots of name calling on twitter about how irrelevant we are, so irrelevant in fact they have to go on social media and tell everyone, weird.

After their ‘champions of Europe’ chant I asked them if they’d won the Simod cup like Reading have. Despite the fact they’ve won it twice there was no reply. PLOLastics! Tinpot! Etc etc.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2020 13:03

windermereROYAL Lots of name calling on twitter about how irrelevant we are, so irrelevant in fact they have to go on social media and tell everyone, weird.

Been more successful than them over the last 20 years.

It's the same with any club that was successful more than 10 years ago... anyone who wasn't before and is now or more recently is irrelevant, tinpot etc.

It's just jealousy and frustration that a nothing club with no major trophies has been as successful or more so than them for so long.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2020 13:06

It is bizarre how much away fans hate us. No recognition that we offer the cheapest tickets for away fans. Twats.

4464 posts