Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Dec 2019 12:35

Notts Royal
windermereROYAL Wouldn`t have thought extra revenue from away fans is top of the owners priorities, if it was they would have dumped twenty`s plenty a long time ago.
The last thing we need is up to 4000 noisy away fans turning it into in effect a home game for them, no other clubs do it, why the hell should we?

How does persistent standing and singing tally with a child friendly family stand?

Because we can’t sell our own tickets so might as well offer them to away fans.

If you moved C1871 to ED stand, you’d more likely get 2 singing sections - C1871 are limited to 2000 fans where they are now but could increase in size if they moved to ED, hence increasing noise levels. Plus - spurs the players on in the 2nd half. Don’t think it’s a stupid suggestion/dead horse at all personally

What about the fans who come because of C1871?

What about the STHs who don't want to be displaced by C1871?

What do you think a max couple of hundred grand would do for a budget of ~£25m?

The vast majority of teams don't fill their away allocation with us. The downsides massively outweigh the minimal extra revenue.

Why do you think you get to tell other people where to sit?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Dec 2019 10:13

Snowflake Royal What about the fans who come because of C1871?

They're frauds who shouldn't bother coming.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Dec 2019 13:33

Are people still going on about away allocations?

Leeds didn't sell their full allocation.

Sheff Weds & Charlton sold out 2219 tickets but still didn't actually bring a full allocation of fans.

We are giving clubs enough.

Leeds are also whinging that they are only getting 2300 at Huddersfield even though Huddersfield get over 22k each game in a 24k stadium.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Dec 2019 14:16

Leeds are the biggest club in the division by some distance, don't they deserve higher away allocations than most?

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 02 Dec 2019 23:03

Old Man Andrews Leeds are the biggest club in the division by some distance, don't they deserve higher away allocations than most?

No, they don't.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Dec 2019 07:50

Bigtimmeh
Old Man Andrews Leeds are the biggest club in the division by some distance, don't they deserve higher away allocations than most?

No, they don't.

Of course they do, they deserve special treatment.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Dec 2019 17:22

No. Hth.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Jan 2020 12:07

Is there any age limits to this area or open to all?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jan 2020 12:16

paultheroyal Is there any age limits to this area or open to all?

Took my lad in there last season, he was 10 at the time.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Jan 2020 13:35

Given that most people stand the whole game will need to consider what a small kid will see - might be worth arriving early to bag places down the front (also, no designated seating). But there's no age limits as such. I believe though that it works out more expensive for children in South Stand than it does in the North Stand because of the way the tickets are priced.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Jan 2020 19:05

muirinho

Given that most people stand the whole game will need to consider what a small kid will see - might be worth arriving early to bag places down the front (also, no designated seating). But there's no age limits as such. I believe though that it works out more expensive for children in South Stand than it does in the North Stand because of the way the tickets are priced.

Ah cool, thank you. He wants to give it a go. I was going to go down the front and from observing last few games that’s where they appear to be free so will do that.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Jan 2020 21:08

Barb will be gone once Hobnob gets around to reading his emails.....

Until then, please don't bother replying to it.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2020 07:18

This isn't me having a pop because I get the excitement of scoring so late on in the game but Wtf were people doing trying to get over that blue bit to the forest fans. Bunch of children giving the big I am.

I think club1871 has gone to the opposite of what they intended now and they need to kick those fans out sharpish. Also the whole rent free thing on Twitter is embarrassing.

Delboy

by Delboy » 15 Jan 2020 08:31

We moved 8 season tickets from Y23 including my 9 year old grandson , he loves the atmosphere

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2020 10:40

Simmops This isn't me having a pop because I get the excitement of scoring so late on in the game but Wtf were people doing trying to get over that blue bit to the forest fans. Bunch of children giving the big I am.

I think club1871 has gone to the opposite of what they intended now and they need to kick those fans out sharpish. Also the whole rent free thing on Twitter is embarrassing.

Grow up, it was nothing of the sort, we equalised with the last kick of the game, they were just giving it big to the Forest fans that were taunting them just before thinking they scored the winner.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2020 11:15

windermereROYAL
Simmops This isn't me having a pop because I get the excitement of scoring so late on in the game but Wtf were people doing trying to get over that blue bit to the forest fans. Bunch of children giving the big I am.

Grow up, it was nothing of the sort, we equalised with the last kick of the game, they were just giving it big to the Forest fans that were taunting them just before thinking they scored the winner.

The evidence is on video, so I do not need to grow up as you can clearly see 17 year old children trying to get over the blue cloth.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2020 11:20

Simmops
windermereROYAL

The evidence is on video, so I do not need to grow up as you can clearly see 17 year old children trying to get over the blue cloth.

I actually think a few 17 year olds would think better of trying to take on 2000 Forest fans, just enthsiastic celebrating with no intentions of trying to get into the away section. Y26 were the same, trying to get in their faces for taunting us just a minute before.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 11:43

windermereROYAL
windermereROYAL

I actually think a few 17 year olds would think better of trying to take on 2000 Forest fans, just enthsiastic celebrating with no intentions of trying to get into the away section. Y26 were the same, trying to get in their faces for taunting us just a minute before.

You're fighting a losing battle Windermere, he doesn't understand......

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Jan 2020 12:04

Simmops
windermereROYAL

:lol: :lol: :roll:

Club 1871 is brilliant. It's the main reason I was going to games pre-bowen. Class atmosphere compared to the last decade.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Jan 2020 21:25

You're the last person to be talking about poor behaviour in the Stadium, DD...

2100 posts