MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a) sponsored by Eamon Dunphy

196 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a) sponsored by Eamon Dunphy

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 10:08

SCIAG
Old Man Andrews Would play Puscas in this one, Baldock on the wing.

Agree, Ejaria is wasted on the left and Baldock doesn’t have enough to play as a lone striker. Adam has proven himself to be a viable option but let’s play everyone in their best positions.

Could also try Obita on the left but think that’s harsh on Baldock.

Think Puscas could cause Cooper a few problems, can even swap him and Baldock around throughout the game to cause a bit of confusion. Meite hasn't done enough for me recently, I'd rest him for this one.

Rafael

Gunter
Miazga
Moore
Blackett

Pele
Adam
Swift

Baldock
Puscas
Ejaria (free role)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 10:30

Old Man Andrews
SCIAG

Agree, Ejaria is wasted on the left and Baldock doesn’t have enough to play as a lone striker. Adam has proven himself to be a viable option but let’s play everyone in their best positions.

Think Puscas could cause Cooper a few problems, can even swap him and Baldock around throughout the game to cause a bit of confusion. Meite hasn't done enough for me recently, I'd rest him for this one.

Rafael

Gunter
Miazga
Moore
Blackett

Pele
Adam
Swift

Baldock
Puscas
Ejaria (free role)

What’s Morrison done wrong?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 10:32

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
SCIAG Agree, Ejaria is wasted on the left and Baldock doesn’t have enough to play as a lone striker. Adam has proven himself to be a viable option but let’s play everyone in their best positions.

Rafael

Gunter
Miazga
Moore
Blackett

Pele
Adam
Swift

Baldock
Puscas
Ejaria (free role)

Nothing at all, I am thinking more about Miazga going man for man on Cooper for set pieces.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 11:16

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Think Puscas could cause Cooper a few problems, can even swap him and Baldock around throughout the game to cause a bit of confusion. Meite hasn't done enough for me recently, I'd rest him for this one.

Rafael

Gunter
Miazga
Moore
Blackett

Pele
Adam
Swift

Baldock
Puscas
Ejaria (free role)

Nothing at all, I am thinking more about Miazga going man for man on Cooper for set pieces.

Smith is even bigger than Cooper if he starts, I guess Moore will have to pick him up

Imperative the fullbacks cut the crosses out

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 11:20

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Smith is even bigger than Cooper if he starts, I guess Moore will have to pick him up

Potentially dropping Moore for Saturday then? Height isn't his strong suit. I know he is the captain before you say it so very unlikely he will get dropped.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 15 Jan 2020 11:29

Only decision the manager needs to make for me (if there are no new injury worries) is to either start Puscas or Baldock.

I can see pros and cons for either - Puscas will offer a more physical presence against a tough Millwall defence - Baldock will works his socks off pressing them into mistakes.

Would be happy either way - wouldn't make any changes to the other 10 and don't see Bowen doing so either.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jan 2020 11:35

hughsies no.1 Only decision the manager needs to make for me (if there are no new injury worries) is to either start Puscas or Baldock.

I can see pros and cons for either - Puscas will offer a more physical presence against a tough Millwall defence - Baldock will works his socks off pressing them into mistakes.

Would be happy either way - wouldn't make any changes to the other 10 and don't see Bowen doing so either.

My view - start Baldock to stretch the defenders and knacker them out - bring Puscas on with 30 mins to go to hopefully do some damage against tired defenders.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Jan 2020 12:08

SCIAG

Is Ejaria wasted on the left? One of the significant factors in our recent run of form (specifically the outstanding away wins at Preston and Fulham) is his link up with Blackett on the left. He's created plenty of chances from out there as well as making crucial interceptions defensively at times. Not to mention that it's allowed us to play both Adam and Swift centrally.

With Joao out it may mean we change the formation and I wouldn't recommend having him as an out and out left winger but in what is ostensively the 4-2-3-1 system we've mostly been playing, he's more than played his part in my opinion.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 12:11

Vision
SCIAG

Is Ejaria wasted on the left? One of the significant factors in our recent run of form (specifically the outstanding away wins at Preston and Fulham) is his link up with Blackett on the left. He's created plenty of chances from out there as well as making crucial interceptions defensively at times. Not to mention that it's allowed us to play both Adam and Swift centrally.

With Joao out it may mean we change the formation and I wouldn't recommend having him as an out and out left winger but in what is ostensively the 4-2-3-1 system we've mostly been playing, he's more than played his part in my opinion.

The answer is: he isnt. He has been invaluable on the left.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Jan 2020 12:18

I'd go same as last time but with Puscas up front. He's got more to his game than simply being a poacher.

If, after a couple of games, we find it doesn't quite work with Joao then maybe we go back to 352 with Puscas and Baldock. But for now, 451 has been very effective and I don't think we should ditch it yet.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 15 Jan 2020 12:25

Old Man Andrews
Tails IN! For this.

Bringing the missus to her first game (she’s Irish).

Be a sport and dress her up in West Ham gear old bean.

She has said she’ll probably try start a rendition of I’m forever blowing bubbles....

Having said that, she’s a north side Dubliner so I’d probably back her chances.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jan 2020 12:31

Tails
Old Man Andrews
Tails IN! For this.

Bringing the missus to her first game (she’s Irish).

Be a sport and dress her up in West Ham gear old bean.

She has said she’ll probably try start a rendition of I’m forever blowing bubbles....

Picked a real winner there.. Ballymun?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 12:32

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Nothing at all, I am thinking more about Miazga going man for man on Cooper for set pieces.

Potentially dropping Moore for Saturday then? Height isn't his strong suit. I know he is the captain before you say it so very unlikely he will get dropped.

Perhaps but I've always gone with the mantra,"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

One legitimate goal conceded in six games almost makes it impossible for Bowen to change anyone without it being enforced

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 15 Jan 2020 12:41

NewCorkSeth
Tails
Old Man Andrews Be a sport and dress her up in West Ham gear old bean.

Picked a real winner there.. Ballymun?

:lol: Santry, to be specific.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jan 2020 13:02

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

One legitimate goal conceded in six games almost makes it impossible for Bowen to change anyone without it being enforced

We have the 5th best defence in the league at the moment - after the Brum game we were only 10th best. The defence is working at the mo and should not be changed unless someone is injured IMHO.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Jan 2020 13:04

Stranded
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Potentially dropping Moore for Saturday then? Height isn't his strong suit. I know he is the captain before you say it so very unlikely he will get dropped.

We have the 5th best defence in the league at the moment - after the Brum game we were only 10th best. The defence is working at the mo and should not be changed unless someone is injured IMHO.

Would 100% agree but I think Millwall represent a unique threat in the Championship in terms of their height and physicality, there is nobody quite like them. I don't expect Bowen to change the defence but I think pairing Miazga and Morrison for this game may be a good idea.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2020 13:41

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
SCIAG Agree, Ejaria is wasted on the left and Baldock doesn’t have enough to play as a lone striker. Adam has proven himself to be a viable option but let’s play everyone in their best positions.

Rafael

Gunter
Miazga
Moore
Blackett

Pele
Adam
Swift

Baldock
Puscas
Ejaria (free role)

The other question to ask is why Miazga was not involved v Blackpool as that answer may indicate a change in line up or formation at Millwall

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Jan 2020 13:59

Puscas will be exactly what Cooper likes.
Baldock will be everything he hates.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jan 2020 14:00

Sutekh
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Think Puscas could cause Cooper a few problems, can even swap him and Baldock around throughout the game to cause a bit of confusion. Meite hasn't done enough for me recently, I'd rest him for this one.

Rafael

Gunter
Miazga
Moore
Blackett

Pele
Adam
Swift

Baldock
Puscas
Ejaria (free role)

The other question to ask is why Miazga was not involved v Blackpool as that answer may indicate a change in line up or formation at Millwall

None of the local press really seems to have picked up on Miazga's absense

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 15 Jan 2020 16:39

I note a lot of “selectors “ have ,left out Meite ?

How on earth did Millwall reach such dizzy heights ?

196 posts