Interesting.

hmm didnt see that coming. Assume a big sell on agreement

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

by Hendo » 16 Jan 2020 15:37

NewCorkSeth

Interesting.

Obviously thinks he has got a good shot at first team football there. I don't think I have ever seen him play so wouldn't like to comment, maybe one of the regular youth team watchers could shed a bit more light.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Jan 2020 15:44

Hound
NewCorkSeth

Interesting.

hmm didnt see that coming. Assume a big sell on agreement

Very out of the blue. I hope it works out for him of course.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Jan 2020 15:47

Royals and Racers
NewCorkSeth
Royals and Racers Bearwood is very much work in progress but when finished i`m confident that the Royals will have a training/Academy centre which will rival those of the top Premier league teams.
The U23`s were good value for their point against the league`s top team. The downside was the 3 West Ham goals which all came from corners and all were scored from inside the 6 yard box. It was good to see Watson and Osho back, looking fit and playing well. Thierry Nevers was kicked from pillar to post all afternoon but looked useful. I do like Tyler Frost, who scored a cracking free- kick goal from just outside the box and can`t quite understand why he doesn`t start more for the U 23`s.

Dont Frost and Nevers play the same position?

Nevers plays left wing . Frost normally is around centre midfield.

I double checked this on Football Manager. They have him listed as a winger which is why I was confused.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Jan 2020 15:48

Hendo
NewCorkSeth

Interesting.

Obviously thinks he has got a good shot at first team football there. I don't think I have ever seen him play so wouldn't like to comment, maybe one of the regular youth team watchers could shed a bit more light.

Someone a few pages back was saying he looked good since coming back from injury.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2020 15:59

been rated for a long time

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Jan 2020 16:08

Royals and Racers
Hound has Frost been injured? He always seems to contribute, but not seen much of him recently. Good to see Nolan playing as well - how did he get on?

Nolan played well. He has come back from injury i think and was subbed 2nd half. He appears to be growing in size and seems to have baulked up a bit. Definitely a decent prospect.

That`s what i wrote after seeing him on Monday, which turned out to be his final match for the Royals. just checked and he is 18.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Jan 2020 17:42

Quite surprised re Nolan as I had heard that he is well thought of and we don't have too many wide options. He was out for a long time injured so that might have been a factor but it seems a tad odd to offload at just age 18. I saw him in an U23 game recently and was impressed. Hope this one does not come back to bite us.

As for Frost I have seen him playing RW for the Under 23's in past seasons but more recently he seems to have moved back into a deeper role. Last season he played quite a lot of U23 football but he not getting much game time this season. I think he is OOC in the summer and so it does not look good for him.

To be fair RFC don't often get it wrong with young players and so we have to trust that offloading the likes of Barrett and Nolan is the right decision and is making space for younger prospects to get U23 game time.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Jan 2020 17:58

Surprised about Nolan. Saw him the other night against WBA and was quite impressed with him. And it isn’t even a loan deal.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 18 Jan 2020 18:31

Decent draw for the U18’s today 1-1 at 2nd in the table West Ham . Abby scored the goal

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jan 2020 18:34

Nolan making a good impression at Walsall on his debut
Last edited by URZZZZ on 18 Jan 2020 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 18 Jan 2020 19:10

At the moment I wouldn't really blame any of our youngsters wanting to drop down a tier or 2 to develop. Especially if they are 20 or under. Nolan has probably seen what's happened/happening to Barrett, Loader, Olise, McIntyre, Southwood, Osho, East, Frost, Howe, Watson, House etc. And decided his best chance of making it as a footballer is playing at a lower level at a very young age. He is likely to learn a lot more playing at Walsall in League Two than playing U23 football and having the odd training session with the first team.

There's also the fact that Bowen will favour more experienced players in the league games as he focuses on experience to get us in the play offs. He's been alluding to that quite often when asked by the press and fans about our younger players.

I would not be surprised to see more youngsters move on in Jan as they are going to find development opportunities in the first team extremely limited here.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2020 22:26

Ranty McRantface At the moment I wouldn't really blame any of our youngsters wanting to drop down a tier or 2 to develop. Especially if they are 20 or under. Nolan has probably seen what's happened/happening to Barrett, Loader, Olise, McIntyre, Southwood, Osho, East, Frost, Howe, Watson, House etc. And decided his best chance of making it as a footballer is playing at a lower level at a very young age. He is likely to learn a lot more playing at Walsall in League Two than playing U23 football and having the odd training session with the first team.

There's also the fact that Bowen will favour more experienced players in the league games as he focuses on experience to get us in the play offs. He's been alluding to that quite often when asked by the press and fans about our younger players.

I would not be surprised to see more youngsters move on in Jan as they are going to find development opportunities in the first team extremely limited here.

Er, I mean
Barrett 6 (7)
Loader 12 (21)
Olise 5 (5)
McIntyre 7 (2)
Osho 2 (1)
East 1
Howe 4 (1)
Watson 4 (3)

Plus of course the ones you ignored like
Richards 40 (8)
Obita 155 (20)
Rinomhota 48 (10)

And of course the ones that broke through here and then moved on elsewhere, which are almost too numerous to mention.

The idea young players don't get a chance here. :roll:

I'd love it to be a bit more, but we're really not bad in handing out debuts and giving a progression route.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 19 Jan 2020 17:32

Big game for the U18`s next Saturday morning January 25th when they play Everton in the quarter final of the Premier league U18 cup KO 11am at Bearwood. Extra time and penalties to decide if necessary.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Jan 2020 17:57

Snowflake Royal
Ranty McRantface At the moment I wouldn't really blame any of our youngsters wanting to drop down a tier or 2 to develop. Especially if they are 20 or under. Nolan has probably seen what's happened/happening to Barrett, Loader, Olise, McIntyre, Southwood, Osho, East, Frost, Howe, Watson, House etc. And decided his best chance of making it as a footballer is playing at a lower level at a very young age. He is likely to learn a lot more playing at Walsall in League Two than playing U23 football and having the odd training session with the first team.

Er, I mean
Barrett 6 (7)
Loader 12 (21)
Olise 5 (5)
McIntyre 7 (2)
Osho 2 (1)
East 1
Howe 4 (1)
Watson 4 (3)

Plus of course the ones you ignored like
Richards 40 (8)
Obita 155 (20)
Rinomhota 48 (10)

And of course the ones that broke through here and then moved on elsewhere, which are almost too numerous to mention.

The idea young players don't get a chance here. :roll:

I'd love it to be a bit more, but we're really not bad in handing out debuts and giving a progression route.

I also think with the likelihood of players like McCleary, Gunter and Mannone leaving in the summer as well as loans like Miazga and Boye, we will see more youngsters cementing a place in the squad in the coming months. There's potentially a great opportunity for players like Olise, Howe, Southwood and McIntyre to get decent game time next season.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Jan 2020 18:29

Ranty McRantface I would not be surprised to see more youngsters move on in Jan as they are going to find development opportunities in the first team extremely limited here.

Hopefully the investment in the academy will help the overall finances of the club. Many youngsters have the raw talent. Whether they have the mindset to play at a high level competively week in week out is another matter.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 21 Jan 2020 21:57

Luke Southwood has signed a new contract until the summer of 2021 and has re-joined Hamilton on loan until the end of the season.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2020 08:44

Royals and Racers Luke Southwood has signed a new contract until the summer of 2021 and has re-joined Hamilton on loan until the end of the season.

Good stuff - best move for him imo.

Will be ready to be number 2 next season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2020 09:02

I do think we should be looking at McIntyre as first choice next season. Southwood as no.2. Olise, Howe and Richards in the 18 every week. Possibly Holsgrove. Rino first 11.

That'd be a decent return.

Hamilton seem chuffed to have Southwood back which is good to see

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jan 2020 09:08

Hendo
Royals and Racers Luke Southwood has signed a new contract until the summer of 2021 and has re-joined Hamilton on loan until the end of the season.

Good stuff - best move for him imo.

Will be ready to be number 2 next season.

Can only assume he has been told he will be #2 at worst next year and will be first choice for cup games with a chance to compete with Rafael for the #1 spot esp. if he does well at Hamilton. Good move by the club if so.

7490 posts