BTFG - Cardiff Away Cup

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

BTFG - Cardiff Away Cup

by SWLR » 05 Feb 2020 11:06

First trip to new stadium. Atmosphere of a pre-season friendly, but with less fans. Pie and Ale scored well.

1st half. Bad. Lucky only to be 1 down. Nothing going through midfield. Swift playing higher up and was flat-footed and having a mare. Meant few options for defenders with ball and poor service into strikers.
Summed up by first goal calamity and lucky to only be 1 down.
Not sure Puscas/ Adam were worst of the bunch, but change needed

2nd half. in one word - energy. Totally dominated the play with Gunter/ GMac and Richards/ Blackett having a field day and Swift back in deeper role feeding both. Left us open for 2nd goal (small point - not sure of Walker's positioning, but redeemed himself with series of saves and the pens).
Two fantastic goals, especially Richards header from Tyler's cross.

ET - again dominated. Another mix up gifted them a goal (thought Osho otherwise had solid game), dominated play and awesome strike by We've Got Meite from Obita (4th sub)

Pens - Reading fans moving over a block before stewards realised :-). Quality penalties and keeping from Walker.

Who have a I not mentioned - oh Aluko. Raised the energy level with GMac, but lacked purpose to his runs and turns and was running out of energy in ET. Should not have taken free-kick, but clearly desperate to prove his value and did step up to take winning penalty

Go home very happy and back in SWLondon for 2am after couple of late night motorway detours.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BTFG - Cardiff Away Cup

by Hound » 05 Feb 2020 11:28

Nice report, thanks

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Feb 2020 11:51

Having seem the goals I cant believe we managed to score 3 goals of that quality. Really impressive.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Feb 2020 12:41

NewCorkSeth Having seem the goals I cant believe we managed to score 3 goals of that quality. Really impressive.

The general quality of our goals this season has been very high, plentyof real crackers.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 12:43

Nameless
NewCorkSeth Having seem the goals I cant believe we managed to score 3 goals of that quality. Really impressive.

The general quality of our goals this season has been very high, plentyof real crackers.

Favourite goal of the season thus far, Nameless?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Feb 2020 13:04

I have a terrible memory for details of this sort of thing !
Obviously Swift’s long range effort was decent but I tend to go for the passing moves - we got one where Adam won the ball deep in our half and we swept forward with half a dozen passes. Puscas v Cardiff was special as well (rarity value !)

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 Feb 2020 13:10

Ovie Ejaria away at Huddersfield . End to end passage of play.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Feb 2020 13:56

Nameless

Yeah I think that is fair to say. Picking a best goal out of the 3 last night is really tough. Fantastic header, classy volley and a superb first time strike. Looked a real threat.

I didnt watch the game for obvious reasons but it was mentioned not long ago we have a decent record of getting back into games under Bowen. Last night to come back in that fashion was incredible. Real credit to the players and Bowen.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 05 Feb 2020 14:22

Old Man Andrews
Nameless

Favourite goal of the season thus far, Nameless?

Think Swift's goal at Preston after THAT pass from Adam.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1