BFTG Hull.

131 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Hull.

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Feb 2020 08:11

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Ok, sorry Seth, I like you, but you've just lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. If you can't see the shape change you're a lost cause, I'm out.

https://imgur.com/a/cDnwnIp
Even if we all insist I am incorrect suggesting it is clear cut is wrong. You might say that it is due to Blacketts poor positioning but that's not relevant really, there are times it looks like a 4-4-2 and there are times it looks like 3 at the back. I saw more of the latter.

You may have seen 3-5-2/5-3-2 but I can assure you it was a 4-4-2 the entire of the second half/4-4-1-1 when Aluko came o

Look at our goal and the positioning Obita is in. Is that really the positioning you would expect a LWB to be in?

Did you look at the pictures I shared? All taken in the second half. If we played a 4-4-2 the entire second half then Blackett obviously dodnt get the memo.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2020 08:28

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Ok, sorry Seth, I like you, but you've just lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. If you can't see the shape change you're a lost cause, I'm out.

https://imgur.com/a/cDnwnIp
Even if we all insist I am incorrect suggesting it is clear cut is wrong. You might say that it is due to Blacketts poor positioning but that's not relevant really, there are times it looks like a 4-4-2 and there are times it looks like 3 at the back. I saw more of the latter.

You may have seen 3-5-2/5-3-2 but I can assure you it was a 4-4-2 the entire of the second half/4-4-1-1 when Aluko came o

Look at our goal and the positioning Obita is in. Is that really the positioning you would expect a LWB to be in?

There's no point URZZZ, some of the screenshots he took to prove his point show the exact opposite and he still can't see it. And they all show Moore having moved position from the first half.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Feb 2020 08:38

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth https://imgur.com/a/cDnwnIp

There's no point URZZZ, some of the screenshots he took to prove his point show the exact opposite and he still can't see it. And they all show Moore having moved position from the first half.

Which ones show the exact opposite?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2020 08:41

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Don't rise to Ian, he craves the interaction. You are correct Seth, he is just doing it to troll you.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Feb 2020 09:42

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
yuomi Probably going to get battered for saying it, but increasingly feels like Ejaria is a waste of a shirt.

Yes, the show pony stuff makes for a great highlight reel, but it's getting difficult to see what he's actually contributing to this team that Adam or Olise couldn't in that both can actually pick a pass and move play forwards without >50% chance of having the ball taken off them.

I also think Swift's tendency to take an extra touch or try something half-baked and audacious (whatever the hell that was that killed the counter attack at 1-1 yesterday for example) is getting worse with Ejaria in the team to compete with. I just don't see how they compliment each other.

Also:
- Swift to RM is something that should never be tried again. If he *has* to bring on Aluko, why not put him out there and move Swift back into the middle
- On Aluko, I wish I could see what some folks on here can. Thought he was dross yesterday and that stupid yellow card summed it up.
- 2/3 subs were enforced, can't do anything about that, but Aluko for Baldock made no sense and that's on MB
- Trying to sit on a 1-goal lead with this team in this division with more than half an hour on the clock completely *deserves* to fail. We had the momentum, we had them on the back foot, they were beaten. Again, that's on Bowen.

Ejaria is the one piece of entertainment. I want to be entertained.

Go and watch a terrier chasing a ball in circles on the park then.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Feb 2020 09:43

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal There's no point URZZZ, some of the screenshots he took to prove his point show the exact opposite and he still can't see it. And they all show Moore having moved position from the first half.

Don't rise to Ian, he craves the interaction. You are correct Seth, he is just doing it to troll you.

He doesn't crave the interaction. He craves being the d1ck of the forum.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Feb 2020 10:27

paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Which ones show the exact opposite?

Harsh..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2020 11:51

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Well the one where they're clearly lined up in a back 4 for a start.

Just taking clips of three people standing near each other in the box doesn't mean anything.

But as I said, if you don't already get it, there's no point talking about it.

Just bear in mind you're being backed up by the board troll.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Feb 2020 12:12

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth https://imgur.com/a/cDnwnIp

Did you look at the pictures I shared? All taken in the second half. If we played a 4-4-2 the entire second half then Blackett obviously dodnt get the memo.

The pictures you have literally show Blackett as a LB. In many of the pictures shown, Blackett is picking up Wilks (their RW) and Richards is no-where to be seen. You'd have thought, that if Richards was playing LWB, then he'd be more visible. For example, in one of the pictures, you can see the line of the back four (Araruna - Morrison - Moore - Blackett) with Richards and Ejaria ahead of the picture, hence implying a 4-4-2

Onto your statement though, Blackett does tend to defend pretty narrow on most occasions, it's always been a trait of his

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Feb 2020 12:14

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal There's no point URZZZ, some of the screenshots he took to prove his point show the exact opposite and he still can't see it. And they all show Moore having moved position from the first half.

Well the one where they're clearly lined up in a back 4 for a start.

Just taking clips of three people standing near each other in the box doesn't mean anything.

But as I said, if you don't already get it, there's no point talking about it.

Just bear in mind you're being backed up by the board troll.

Ian, you're wrong and you need to just accept it. I know you lack basic intelliegnce and reasoning skills but you're making yourself look worse than normal which in itself is an achievement.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2020 12:17

The whoscored heat map is also somewhat useful though doesn't break down by half unfortunately.

Their formation stuff is often horseshit though.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Feb 2020 14:36

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

The pictures you have literally show Blackett as a LB. In many of the pictures shown, Blackett is picking up Wilks (their RW) and Richards is no-where to be seen. You'd have thought, that if Richards was playing LWB, then he'd be more visible. For example, in one of the pictures, you can see the line of the back four (Araruna - Morrison - Moore - Blackett) with Richards and Ejaria ahead of the picture, hence implying a 4-4-2

Onto your statement though, Blackett does tend to defend pretty narrow on most occasions, it's always been a trait of his

Ahh I see the second to last photo right? A still image didnt do it justice I guess, it was a counter attack and I put it in to show how deep Richards was. Ball went up the right, Swift, Araruna and Pele all moved forward, Richards sat deep. Not usually whi would expect winger to do.

If that was a 4-4-2 it was the most malformed and off balance I've had the pleasure to witness.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Feb 2020 14:37

Snowflake Royal The whoscored heat map is also somewhat useful though doesn't break down by half unfortunately.

Their formation stuff is often horseshit though.

A halftime filter would certainly be useful.

Nevpay

by Nevpay » 10 Feb 2020 15:33

paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Which ones show the exact opposite?

Do you think there could be an argument forum, where everyone that seems to like throwing insults could go and leave the football talk to those that don't? Just a thought :idea:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 10 Feb 2020 16:05

Regardless of Formationgate as discussed at tedious length between Seth and Ian ,IMHO the most significant change was Aluko coming on to play in midfield with Baldock the striker being subbed.
When we play with one-up I feel that player is often too isolated when bodies from midfield should be getting closer quickly to that lone striker.

Following Bowen's post-match comments I am hopeful that he has seen the light regarding Aluko and won't play him again-his post-match comments were that in making the substitution he had hoped Aluko would perform in the role that he had at Hull and Fulham and the reason for Reading buying him but he didn't say anything more such as "I thought the lad offered something different" or "He brought a vibrancy to the midfield area".

Aluko has been given this chance again but he just doesn't do enough (the odd good pass really isn't enough) and in no way warrants a starting place-even Ejaria and Swift being under par are still so much better than him.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Feb 2020 19:15

South Coast Royal Regardless of Formationgate as discussed at tedious length between Seth and Ian ,IMHO the most significant change was Aluko coming on to play in midfield with Baldock the striker being subbed.
When we play with one-up I feel that player is often too isolated when bodies from midfield should be getting closer quickly to that lone striker.

Following Bowen's post-match comments I am hopeful that he has seen the light regarding Aluko and won't play him again-his post-match comments were that in making the substitution he had hoped Aluko would perform in the role that he had at Hull and Fulham and the reason for Reading buying him but he didn't say anything more such as "I thought the lad offered something different" or "He brought a vibrancy to the midfield area".

Aluko has been given this chance again but he just doesn't do enough (the odd good pass really isn't enough) and in no way warrants a starting place-even Ejaria and Swift being under par are still so much better than him.

Ironically, you call the exchange between those two tedious but your post focuses solely on Aluko once again like many others have. Were we playing particularly well before he came on? No. Did we play particularly well after he came on? No. But does that mean he was the reason we didn't win? No

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 10 Feb 2020 19:36

URZZZZ
South Coast Royal Regardless of Formationgate as discussed at tedious length between Seth and Ian ,IMHO the most significant change was Aluko coming on to play in midfield with Baldock the striker being subbed.

Ironically, you call the exchange between those two tedious but your post focuses solely on Aluko once again like many others have. Were we playing particularly well before he came on? No. Did we play particularly well after he came on? No. But does that mean he was the reason we didn't win? No

This was more than just Aluko's cameo, it was about Aluko's career at Reading which has been about 3/10.
The consensus seems to be that we might have scored again if Baldock had remained on the pitch so yes, he could be the reason why we didn't win.
This player brings nothing to our team and the sooner he moves on the better.

Probably the worst signing ever taking into account his transfer fee and hardly any better than most if you don't take the fee into account and makes the likes of Sean Evers seem like a reasonable signing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Feb 2020 21:10

Dreadful signing of course but he wasn’t terrible against Hull - looked quite lively for a bit

Actually thought it was reasonable sub until they scored and we started playing rubbish

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Feb 2020 23:25

As far as Bowen is concerned. At least he puts players in their natural positions. As a no 10 Aluko may yet come good. Ejaria is hardly setting the game alight in that position.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Feb 2020 00:06

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ

This was more than just Aluko's cameo, it was about Aluko's career at Reading which has been about 3/10.
The consensus seems to be that we might have scored again if Baldock had remained on the pitch so yes, he could be the reason why we didn't win.
This player brings nothing to our team and the sooner he moves on the better.

Probably the worst signing ever taking into account his transfer fee and hardly any better than most if you don't take the fee into account and makes the likes of Sean Evers seem like a reasonable signing.

Yet he was part of three half chances once he was on. Stop judging players on past performances and judge them in the moment

Put it this way. If Aluko was a new signing and they had played that cameo, no-one would be mentioning it

131 posts