131 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: BFTG Hull.

by Platypuss » 11 Feb 2020 08:18

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Which ones show the exact opposite?

Well the one where they're clearly lined up in a back 4 for a start.

Just taking clips of three people standing near each other in the box doesn't mean anything.

But as I said, if you don't already get it, there's no point talking about it.

Just bear in mind you're being backed up by the board troll.

Ian, you're wrong and you need to just accept it. I know you lack basic intelliegnce and reasoning skills but you're making yourself look worse than normal which in itself is an achievement.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Time to start thinking seriously about what you're getting out of being on the board, OMA.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2020 08:19

Platypuss
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal Well the one where they're clearly lined up in a back 4 for a start.

Just taking clips of three people standing near each other in the box doesn't mean anything.

But as I said, if you don't already get it, there's no point talking about it.

Just bear in mind you're being backed up by the board troll.

Ian, you're wrong and you need to just accept it. I know you lack basic intelliegnce and reasoning skills but you're making yourself look worse than normal which in itself is an achievement.

Time to start thinking seriously about what you're getting out of being on the board, OMA.

I am not allowed to disagree with someone on a discussion board?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Feb 2020 08:20

Old Man Andrews
Platypuss
Old Man Andrews Ian, you're wrong and you need to just accept it. I know you lack basic intelliegnce and reasoning skills but you're making yourself look worse than normal which in itself is an achievement.

Don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2020 08:26

URZZZZ
Yet he was part of three half chances once he was on. Stop judging players on past performances and judge them in the moment

Put it this way. If Aluko was a new signing and they had played that cameo, no-one would be mentioning it

Firstly, why would anyone forget the rest of his time here or career? He's on his third or fourth chance here and he's a massive waste of space who is taking pitch time away from the future of the club like Olise.

You don't get to wipe history just because you're got rid of for a year.

Secondly, in a new signing I expect more than a few completely regulation passes and dribbles. And certainly more than repeating his old tricks of turning into trouble stupidly and losing the ball to set up a counter attack. And than giving away a cheap free kick and getting booked for a reckless challenge following his error. He also mis controlled the ball putting Blackett under pressure when Tyler ridiculously then tried a back heel nutmeg that led to another attack.

If Aluko is going to redeem himself he needs to consistently play very well and cut out the bullshit mistakes for a period. Not just swap being a total waste of space liability for a mediocre occasional liability.

He's had his chances, he can do one.

Araruna was a qualified positive. That's what I'm happy to see from a new signing. Great ball to Baldock, several solid challenges, no major mistakes.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Feb 2020 08:30

Cannot believe anyone is actually defending Aluko. Defies logic.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Feb 2020 08:35

Lower West As far as Bowen is concerned. At least he puts players in their natural positions. As a no 10 Aluko may yet come good. Ejaria is hardly setting the game alight in that position.

:| He put a midfielder on the right wing, a right winger up front, a midfielder at right back, and a left back on the left wing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Feb 2020 09:07

Old Man Andrews Cannot believe anyone is actually defending Aluko. Defies logic.

No defence for him during his time here, but solely in terms of Hull he played ok. Certainly not a long term option though and hopefully can get rid asap

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Feb 2020 09:12

If that had been his debut we'd have said "he looked shit, hopefully he gets better".

It wasn't his debut, so we're saying "he looked even shitter than usual, same old same old".

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Feb 2020 09:23

SCIAG If that had been his debut we'd have said "he looked shit, hopefully he gets better".

It wasn't his debut, so we're saying "he looked even shitter than usual, same old same old".

Yeah pretty much this. If that was his debut we would all be questioning what value he added over Adam, Olise, Rinomhota and even Loader I guess. As Ian said, a few basic passes completed is far below the minimum you expect from a Championship footballer.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 Feb 2020 11:37

Platypuss
Old Man Andrews
Platypuss

Don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2020 17:23

Hound
Old Man Andrews Cannot believe anyone is actually defending Aluko. Defies logic.

No defence for him during his time here, but solely in terms of Hull he played ok. Certainly not a long term option though and hopefully can get rid asap

The one benefit of Bowen playing him is it might convince some mugs to sign him.

131 posts