Modou Barrow

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Modou Barrow

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2020 11:52

Apparently he's walked out of his club in Turkey where he's on loan as wages unpaid.

I'd fly him back immediately if this is possible, should never have gone.

What are the ins and outs of this deal could we take him back? Even if not surely there's some sort of breach of contract?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Bone Marrow

by Nameless » 17 Feb 2020 11:59

2 world wars, 1 world cup Apparently he's walked out of his club in Turkey where he's on loan as wages unpaid.

What are the ins and outs of this deal could we take him back? Even if not surely there's some sort of breach of contract?

I'd expect he would be able to come back and play for us as he's registered with us and they seem to have breached his loan terms. Would be interesting to know how this works contractually - presumably they are paying 100% of his wages ?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Feb 2020 12:10

Nameless
2 world wars, 1 world cup Apparently he's walked out of his club in Turkey where he's on loan as wages unpaid.

I'd expect he would be able to come back and play for us as he's registered with us and they seem to have breached his loan terms. Would be interesting to know how this works contractually - presumably they are paying 100% of his wages ?

He might not be registered in this squad though, he is obviously a registered player but if we thought he wouldn't be coming back this season then a place in the registered squad might not have been his.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Feb 2020 12:13

Hendo
Nameless

He might not be registered in this squad though, he is obviously a registered player but if we thought he wouldn't be coming back this season then a place in the registered squad might not have been his.

There is no registered squad in the Championship. I don't know the terms of the case or if it's feasible but if the loan deal has been breached and his full registration returns to us he would be available for selection. Very much doubt it will happen though.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Feb 2020 12:18

There is no place for Mo Barrow at Reading.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 17 Feb 2020 13:03

Old Man Andrews There is no place for Mo Barrow at Reading.

Let me be the first to say, give it a rest mate!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Feb 2020 13:04

skipper

Give what a rest? There is no place for him at Reading, we do not need him.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Feb 2020 13:07

Old Man Andrews
skipper

+1

He’s a 100m sprinter, not a footballer

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 17 Feb 2020 13:12

Why is it so hard for some people to realise...he doesn’t want to be here?!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2020 13:30

Notts Royal Why is it so hard for some people to realise...he doesn’t want to be here?!

Oh he probably doesn't and I don't give a toss about him personally like he doesn't give a toss about us. But we may be his only option of payment and some first team football and love him or hate him he may be very useful for us in the meantime. Or maybe not. Perhaps we have Obita and RIchards doing a fine job on the left.

It may be good to have him as an option as to me his pace is terrific and has terrorised teams enough times.

Or we can just continue wasting Ejaria on the left...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Feb 2020 13:37

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Notts Royal Why is it so hard for some people to realise...he doesn’t want to be here?!

Oh he probably doesn't and I don't give a toss about him personally like he doesn't give a toss about us. But we may be his only option of payment and some first team football and love him or hate him he may be very useful for us in the meantime. Or maybe not. Perhaps we have Obita and RIchards doing a fine job on the left.

It may be good to have him as an option as to me his pace is terrific and has terrorised teams enough times.

I'm not sure how you can say this. We've literally just played him in his "supposed" best position in CM for three or four games straight and he was terrible. Granted, he was poor on the left against WBA too, but he looks so much better playing as a LAM where there's more space to exploit, hence his through ball for Meite against Wednesday

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Feb 2020 13:38

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
skipper

+1

Kept us up in 2017/18.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Feb 2020 13:39

He’s back with us in the summer when the club and player will both have discussions about what happens next season.

It’s possible things could change as the club has new management and he is certainly an option worth having available

As to his current situation, I believe he couldn’t just come back and start playing for Reading as the transfer window it’s now shut and although he is a Reading player he still would have to be signed back. Happy to be corrected if that is wrong though.

So we just have to wait until July to hear more though the chances are that Mo will leave or be loaned out again at that point

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Feb 2020 13:41

genome
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Give what a rest? There is no place for him at Reading, we do not need him.

+1

Kept us up in 2017/18.

I get that school of thought, he was decent back then. Badly went off the boil since then though, looked very disinterested at times. Think a permanent move is best for both parties.

If you gave me a straight choice between keeping him or Aluko I would pick Barrow every single time.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Feb 2020 13:46

Old Man Andrews
genome
URZZZZ
+1

Kept us up in 2017/18.

I get that school of thought, he was decent back then. Badly went off the boil since then though, looked very disinterested at times. Think a permanent move is best for both parties.

If you gave me a straight choice between keeping him or Aluko I would pick Barrow every single time.

Was he decent or was the rest of the squad just worse? Even when he was scoring, he disrupted the balance and the structure of the side, he sulked constantly, was extremely lazy etc etc...you only have to look at the number of clubs he's played for to suggest major attitude problems

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2020 13:52

URZZZZ

I'm not sure how you can say this. We've literally just played him in his "supposed" best position in CM for three or four games straight and he was terrible. Granted, he was poor on the left against WBA too, but he looks so much better playing as a LAM where there's more space to exploit, hence his through ball for Meite against Wednesday

He has been nothing short of wasted on the left. Still a good player, don't get me wrong. Just nowhere near his best (in my opinion of course - you may well be right, it's just how I see it obviously).

:shock: :shock: :shock: to use his through ball to Meite against Shef Wed as an example of left wing play though. He Literally could not be more central if he tried. That would be most peoples' number one example of why he's wasted on the left and needs to play through the middle!!!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Feb 2020 14:00

URZZZZ

He has been nothing short of wasted on the left. Still a good player, don't get me wrong. Just nowhere near his best (in my opinion of course - you may well be right, it's just how I see it obviously).

:shock: :shock: :shock: to use his through ball to Meite against Shef Wed as an example of left wing play though. He Literally could not be more central if he tried. That would be most peoples' number one example of why he's wasted on the left and needs to play through the middle!!!

The idea was that the LAM and RAM tuck inside, something Bowen alluded to in his post match conference so he wasn't playing as a natural winger

Meaning that Ejaria isn't stuck in the congested middle zone of the pitch but instead slightly drifted to the left where there's more space to use. I get the impression that when we play both Ejaria and Swift in CM, they end up getting in each other's way as they often look to take up similar positions

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2020 14:08

URZZZZ
URZZZZ

The idea was that the LAM and RAM tuck inside, something Bowen alluded to in his post match conference so he wasn't playing as a natural winger

Meaning that Ejaria isn't stuck in the congested middle zone of the pitch but instead slightly drifted to the left where there's more space to use. I get the impression that when we play both Ejaria and Swift in CM, they end up getting in each other's way as they often look to take up similar positions

I hear what you're saying. H'es no winger yeah. I'm fine with some fancy formation where he's a central midfielder, whether he's slightly to the left or right doesn't bother me. But the idea of him being used on the left wing in a 4-4-2 formation is a total waste of his skills and that position.

The only players we have capable of being a left winger are probably Obita and Barrow. To say we're short on wingers is an understatement, which is why a bone marrow transplant seems a good idea at the mo (no pun intended) to me.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Feb 2020 15:03

Sutekh He’s back with us in the summer when the club and player will both have discussions about what happens next season.

It’s possible things could change as the club has new management and he is certainly an option worth having available

As to his current situation, I believe he couldn’t just come back and start playing for Reading as the transfer window it’s now shut and although he is a Reading player he still would have to be signed back. Happy to be corrected if that is wrong though.

So we just have to wait until July to hear more though the chances are that Mo will leave or be loaned out again at that point

I think there is a big difference between a club trying to recall a player from a loan (which wouldn't be allowed) and a loan deal being broken by the other club. I'd be amazed if the rules didn't allow a player to revert back to their parent club in the case of a breach of the deal. He wouldn't be being transferred, simply the temporary deal would be null and void. The other variants would either mean he gets no money for 4 months or we end up paying for a player but not being allowed to use them despite neither us or the player being at fault.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2020 17:34

skipper

First!?