Modou Barrow

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Bone Marrow

by CountryRoyal » 17 Feb 2020 18:00

Would gladly have Barrow back in this squad. Offers what we lack which is pace and directness down the wing.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2020 18:50

Maybe he just didn`t want to be here under the previous manager, just sayin. for me he would be the perfect fit under MB.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2020 19:41

We currently have one left winger, who is yet to start a game, and we're playing Ejaria there out of position. I don't agree with the view that is where Ejaria is best. Barrow is a left winger.

If it's possible, it would be unfortunate for Masika and possibly Ejaria, but it's a no brainer to use Barrow if he isn't a disruptive influence..

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Feb 2020 20:25

Barrow is a great player who would improve this squad.

We won’t be able to transfer his registration outside of a transfer window

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Feb 2020 21:05

SCIAG Barrow is a great player who would improve this squad.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Feb 2020 21:13

Good to see some of the comments on Barrow. Much underrated imo. Would be happy to see him return if not this season then certainly in August.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Feb 2020 22:10

SCIAG Barrow is a great player who would improve this squad.

I’ve read through the EFL rules and I think you are right, we could have terminated the loan in January even if there wasn’t a clause in the original deal I think, but at this point he couldn’t play this season. Whether there is an extenuating circumstances clause I’m not sure but I think it wouldn’t probably be seen as creating a loophole and not permitted.
Could he wear Timbe’s shirt and get away with it ?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Feb 2020 23:11

Zip Good to see some of the comments on Barrow. Much underrated imo. Would be happy to see him return if not this season then certainly in August.

If he wants to be here then he'd definitely improve the squad next year. If he doesn't want to be here and will bring negativity to the squad, get rid.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Feb 2020 01:19

2 world wars, 1 world cup
URZZZZ
2 world wars, 1 world cup
He has been nothing short of wasted on the left. Still a good player, don't get me wrong. Just nowhere near his best (in my opinion of course - you may well be right, it's just how I see it obviously).

:shock: :shock: :shock: to use his through ball to Meite against Shef Wed as an example of left wing play though. He Literally could not be more central if he tried. That would be most peoples' number one example of why he's wasted on the left and needs to play through the middle!!!

The idea was that the LAM and RAM tuck inside, something Bowen alluded to in his post match conference so he wasn't playing as a natural winger

Meaning that Ejaria isn't stuck in the congested middle zone of the pitch but instead slightly drifted to the left where there's more space to use. I get the impression that when we play both Ejaria and Swift in CM, they end up getting in each other's way as they often look to take up similar positions

I hear what you're saying. H'es no winger yeah. I'm fine with some fancy formation where he's a central midfielder, whether he's slightly to the left or right doesn't bother me. But the idea of him being used on the left wing in a 4-4-2 formation is a total waste of his skills and that position.

The only players we have capable of being a left winger are probably Obita and Barrow. To say we're short on wingers is an understatement, which is why a bone marrow transplant seems a good idea at the mo (no pun intended) to me.

Yeah, don't disagree

It's strange because the last season we used two out and out wingers consistently was 16/17 (3rd place finish). Ever since then we've messed around using players in wrong positions/played extremely narrow formations and have subsequently failed

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Feb 2020 07:27

I don't think that's a cause.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Feb 2020 12:08

Having started this thread asking for his return, thinking about it more I'm now not so fussed.

Not because I don't think he'd walk into the squad or make us better, but because if he doesn't want to be here and won't sign beyond end of contract there's no point (and even if he does sign, he's already proven his loyalty). It's not like we're on the edge of the playoffs or fighting relegation. Having him might get us a few more points but so what. If we had something to fight for then yeah, but we don't so now I'm thinking screw it.

He has zero loyalty, doesn't give a toss about the country/club/area. Clearly has something of an attitude problem going by his time with Clement x2. I'm now thinking he can stew in the problems of his own doing sitting around in Turkey not being paid.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 18 Feb 2020 13:03

2 world wars, 1 world cup Having started this thread asking for his return, thinking about it more I'm now not so fussed.

Not because I don't think he'd walk into the squad or make us better, but because if he doesn't want to be here and won't sign beyond end of contract there's no point (and even if he does sign, he's already proven his loyalty). It's not like we're on the edge of the playoffs or fighting relegation. Having him might get us a few more points but so what. If we had something to fight for then yeah, but we don't so now I'm thinking screw it.

He has zero loyalty, doesn't give a toss about the country/club/area. Clearly has something of an attitude problem going by his time with Clement x2. I'm now thinking he can stew in the problems of his own doing sitting around in Turkey not being paid.

Agree would prefer to give Olise some more game time than him ...

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Feb 2020 15:01

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
skipper
Let me be the first to say, give it a rest mate!

Give what a rest? There is no place for him at Reading, we do not need him.

+1

He’s a 100m sprinter, not a footballer
There was no place for Gunter and McLeary..... until there was.

Depends on the reasons he left, didn't he ask to go? - Was that down to the way the previous manager(s) treated him though? Was he a good/bad/indifferent influence within the squad?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Modou Barrow

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Feb 2020 16:02

He can look incredibly lazy, shit and disinterested when he's not motivated. But he's a genuine threat and game changer at this level when on form. One for Bowen to assess ultimately. I imagine the prospect of staying at Reading is a lot more appealing now than when he left, so I'd hope we can convince him to stay and perform well next season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Feb 2020 17:35

The suggestion he's not a footballer is one of the stupidest things I've read on here for a while, even for obvious hyperbole.

Bit lazy maybe, certainly poor, though improved, defensively.

Also, disinterested is impartial or not motivated by personal gain. Y'all mean uninterested.

Yours percy Pedant.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Feb 2020 17:41

A decent player imo but his time here has passed. Let’s move on

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Feb 2020 17:47

Hound A decent player imo but his time here has passed. Let’s move on

Our supporters can't. As a fan base we are OBSESSED with ex players and even the very average ones like Barrow are seemingly adored. The past is done, never coming back, let it go. Gylfi can do one, Alfie can go, Shane Long can be forgotten.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Feb 2020 17:49

Not saying you’re wrong but didn’t the same thing get said about Gunter and McCleary?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Feb 2020 17:49

I don’t think his time has passed. Different manager now who may get more out of him. We are so short of genuine wingers and pace that it would seem a no brainer to keep him unless he has issues with the club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Feb 2020 17:51

Snowball

Not saying you’re wrong but didn’t the same thing get said about Gunter and McCleary?

Well they were still at the club for one. If Barrow was still here I’d suggest using him

I don’t think there is any chance of him staying in Reading next season tbh