BFT well I don’t know what to call it without resorting to a lot of naughty words

152 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFT well I don’t know what to call it without resorting to a lot of naughty words

by Sutekh » 26 Feb 2020 22:02

Utterly inexcusable dreadful miserable

Olise was man of the match

MB got it completely wrong with his awful team selection.

There is something missing from the management that they fail home game after home game to get whatever twisted shambles they’ve selected to play as if they care or with any belief let alone a high tempo.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT well I don’t know what to call it without resorting to a lot of naughty words

by Hound » 26 Feb 2020 22:06

Utter rubbish from start to finish. Totally outplayed and a fair score line

Not much else to add. Bowen got it very very wrong and there’s a few players there who need dropping and a big kick up the backside

Agree Olise showed some good stuff and about the only one who didn’t embarrass himself

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFT well I don’t know what to call it without resorting to a lot of naughty words

by genome » 26 Feb 2020 22:06

I can't figure out this season.

Utterly abject except for a period of 6 or so games where we looked like the best side in the league. Bizarre

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 22:17

Rafael 5 - didn't do too much wrong with the goals

Yiadom 2 - still not sure how he's better than Gunter to be honest? He can't cross, he can't pass, he has no end product, he's rash. Said this a few months ago and nothing has changed my mind, he's overrated
Morrison 2 - some horrendous distribution, why are we getting him to distribute from the back?
Moore 2 - bullied by his namesake throughout, a disgraceful performance from a so called "captain"
Richards 2 - as usual a couple of good performances followed by a disaster. Horrendous

Araruna 2 - did a couple of decent things. Looked so far off the pace of the game other than that
Pele 0 - cannot recall him doing a single thing right. Absolute abject
Swift 3 - MOTM of our outfield first XI. Had a go at times, didn't work out though
Ejaria 2 - he's just not very good. Plays at such a low tempo, can join Yiadom in the "massively overrated" camp

Baldock 1 - was as bad as the others and can have a -1 for the two chances missed. I like Baldock but there's no way he should have started ahead of Puscas today, after he'd scored 2 in 3 and got a hattrick against this lot last time. Puscas must have had a knock, which tbf, was reported pre match
Meite 2 - second worst one out there for the first 80 minutes, struggling to remember a player with a worse first touch in years. Looked better in the last 10 but was too little, too late

Adam 2 - wasn't the game for him, and certainly shouldn't be in a two man midfield with Swift. Rino was the obvious choice
Olise 4 - like Swift, he tried but it didn't quite come off

Bowen 0 - terrible team selection. Araruna RM?
Last edited by URZZZZ on 26 Feb 2020 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Feb 2020 22:21

Absolutely disgusting and unprofessional. Terrible management right from the start with the team selection which was compounded by the subs.

Rafael - Couple of good saves to keep the score down. 5 MotM

Yiadom - Shocking since his injury. 1

Moore - Bullied by the other Moore. 1

Morrison - Barely won anything never in control of the ball. Need Miazga back ASAP to shake up this defence. 1

Richards - Poor lad was stood out on his own with the whole pitch in front of him and was ignored for the entire first half as his useless team mates knocked the ball around extremely slowly on the right hand side. Lost heart and poor. 3

Pele - I've grown to like him recently but that was shocking. Did nothing right. 0

Swift - Kept trying at least. No quality whatsoever though. 3

Araruna - You can see something in him on the ball. Totally out of his depth and physically unsuited to this league at present. 2

Ejaria - A shadow of his former self. 1

Baldock - Ran around aimlessly a lot. Missed a good chance. 1

Meite - Couldn't hold the ball up, terrible first touch. 1

Subs:

Adam - Tried but nothing came off. Totally the wrong sub for that game though. 2

Olise - Couple of shots tried to get the team going, that is a bad thing when you are relying on an 18 year old kid to inspire you. 5
Last edited by sandman on 26 Feb 2020 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 26 Feb 2020 22:22

Watched this on iFollow. Thought it was seriously terrible. I've been watching the team since Bullivant era. I thought that under Burns and Bullivant it was bad, but tonight looked really bad.

I, stupidly, had us down for 3-0 win, but I should've known as soon as the squad was handed in. Feel sorry for Araruna. I thought he showed good touches, but it wasn't the game to play him. Tim and Mick said it during commentary that it was not the time to start experimenting. Wigan were sharp, kept pushing us back. Goodness only knows what has happened to Swift and Ejaria. They look exhausted and out of sort, big time. Ejaria needs to be rested. Olise needs to play instead because as soon as he came, it got a bit better.

Please agree to disagree, that's fine with me.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Feb 2020 22:25

Just seen the third goal.

They gave up. Speechless really.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Feb 2020 22:27

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Feb 2020 22:29

oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd shit oxf*rd oxf*rd

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Feb 2020 22:30

#Captain

yuomi

by yuomi » 26 Feb 2020 22:30

We started that game with a midfield consisting of 3 centre mids (1 holding) and a right back in a painfully narrow and twisted 4-2-2-2(ish) melee. It went about as well as could be expected.

Half time came and Bowen saw fit to remove the holding centre mid and right back, leaving us with 4 centre mids of various attacking bents for the second half in a (slightly) more conventional 4-4-2, albeit with no-one in the midfield knowing where they were supposed to be playing or what they were supposed to be doing when they got there and no-one out wide.

Tonight wasn't a case of nothing we tried clicking. There was genuinely nothing there to click. It wasn't even that there weren't any good ideas, there just weren't any ideas. I don't know how Bowen, Niedzwiecki or O'Shea thought it was meant to go, but chucking long balls at diminutive strikers alongside massive Wigan CBs was never going to work. Nothing under Bowen has been pretty, classy or particularly well worked, but this was his (total) lack of method coming home to roost.

Wigan could, and probably should, have massacred us tonight. A performance like this has been coming, and it should serve as an urgent wake-up call. But I fully expect it to fall on deaf ears and to see the same nonsense come Saturday.

Stray observations:
I still don't think Ovie and Swift can (or should) play together
Yes we've played a lot, but how do we always look so much more fatigued than opponents from the very start
The lack of width in this squad is verging on being criminal
We don't deserve Rafael - and he must be wondering what he did to deserve us
When did passing and moving stop being a thing?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 22:31

Franconian Royal Watched this on iFollow. Thought it was seriously terrible. I've been watching the team since Bullivant era. I thought that under Burns and Bullivant it was bad, but tonight looked really bad.

I, stupidly, had us down for 3-0 win, but I should've known as soon as the squad was handed in. Feel sorry for Araruna. I thought he showed good touches, but it wasn't the game to play him. Tim and Mick said it during commentary that it was not the time to start experimenting. Wigan were sharp, kept pushing us back. Goodness only knows what has happened to Swift and Ejaria. They look exhausted and out of sort, big time. Ejaria needs to be rested. Olise needs to play instead because as soon as he came, it got a bit better.

Nothing has "happened" to Ejaria. This is his normal level

If anything, his performances in the week of Cardiff, West Brom and Huddersfield was the exception to the standard

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Feb 2020 22:32

Sometimes a game happens where it`s hard to describe just how appalling that was, and that happened tonight, words really aren`t enough, gutless, abysmal, shocking, and a disgrace to the shirt.
Right up there with one of the worse showings in the last decade or longer. anyone who witnessed that shambles will be in no hurry to return any time soon.
9 home defeats and counting, bring on Barnsley, there will be easy surely?
Player marks big fat zeros across the board except for young Olise with a 5 for having the first shot on target in the 75th minute and putting in a decent shift.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Feb 2020 22:37

URZZZZ
Franconian Royal Watched this on iFollow. Thought it was seriously terrible. I've been watching the team since Bullivant era. I thought that under Burns and Bullivant it was bad, but tonight looked really bad.

If anything, his performances in the week of Cardiff, West Brom and Huddersfield was the exception to the standard

The guys 22 ffs - stop being so knee jerk. Agree regarding Yiadom overrated.

Pele was atrocious today but Bowen oxf*rd us with that team selection. Also didn't bring Puscas on at 2:0 down....Clueless.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Feb 2020 22:40

Bowen throwing the players under the bus in the interview here... perhaps rightly so, but he's not accepted responsibility

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 26 Feb 2020 22:41

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ

Pele was atrocious today but Bowen oxf*rd us with that team selection. Also didn't bring Puscas on at 2:0 down....Clueless.

I think Ejaria is tired, that's all I'm saying, nothing else.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 22:45

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ

Would rather have brought Timbe on. Add a different dimension to the attack, pace

Of course, this being a Mark Bowen side, we don't use pace so no chance of that happening

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 26 Feb 2020 22:51

In my opinion, Bowen shouldn’t be playing Araruna, if he knows he’s not up to it. Yes, he wants him to get used to the championship, but now is not the time.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Feb 2020 22:52

genome Bowen throwing the players under the bus in the interview here... perhaps rightly so, but he's not accepted responsibility

Hes been very prickly

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Feb 2020 22:58

Walking back to the attacker. They don't give a oxf*rd. Sack the frauds. No passion. Bowen out.

152 posts