Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by RoyalBlue » 02 Mar 2020 11:39

Sadly if the idiot minority continue to spend much of the game trying to antagonise the visiting support and then creating trouble afterwards, I can see the club getting cold feet and bringing Club 1871 to an end.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 02 Mar 2020 11:52

Simmops
LWJ
paultheroyal
Don't agree with the C1871 reaction - that is not what the section is meant to be about - however the words disgusting and absolute scum are a slight over reaction simmops. HTH.

It's DD - he's looking for a reaction and is showing he hasn't learnt :roll:

No I am not. It is disgusting and scummy to provoke people in opposite stands and causes trouble and that is clear to see from that video.

The ethos of CLUB1871 was to support the team and unite and provide atmosphere. Not provoke other fans.

Are you forgetting this happened in Y26 as well? And will continue to happen regardless of Club 1871 or not? It happens at football grounds across the country every weekend. Why are you making it out to be worse that it is?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Mar 2020 11:59

LWJ
Simmops
LWJ It's DD - he's looking for a reaction and is showing he hasn't learnt :roll:

No I am not. It is disgusting and scummy to provoke people in opposite stands and causes trouble and that is clear to see from that video.

The ethos of CLUB1871 was to support the team and unite and provide atmosphere. Not provoke other fans.

Are you forgetting this happened in Y26 as well? And will continue to happen regardless of Club 1871 or not? It happens at football grounds across the country every weekend. Why are you making it out to be worse that it is?

it is bad whoever done it. but y26 was not always about family fun and them being given their own section and rules

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 02 Mar 2020 12:10

Simmops
LWJ
Simmops

it is bad whoever done it. but y26 was not always about family fun and them being given their own section and rules

lol. They don't have a different set of rules to anybody else in the ground. They are more policed and anyone caught causing trouble is warned/removed.

You don't even go to matches, I seriously don't get why this bothers you other than the fact you are trolling?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Mar 2020 12:23

Calm down, DD.

It's not as if anyone did anything really antagonistic like flick beer at each other or something.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Mar 2020 12:30

LWJ
Simmops
LWJ Are you forgetting this happened in Y26 as well? And will continue to happen regardless of Club 1871 or not? It happens at football grounds across the country every weekend. Why are you making it out to be worse that it is?

lol. They don't have a different set of rules to anybody else in the ground. They are more policed and anyone caught causing trouble is warned/removed.

You don't even go to matches, I seriously don't get why this bothers you other than the fact you are trolling?

I do go to matches when I can. I am not trolling, please stop using that as a default response whenever I say anything.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Mar 2020 12:30

sandman Calm down, DD.

It's not as if anyone did anything really antagonistic like flick beer at each other or something.

Yes if they did that then they should be banned.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 02 Mar 2020 16:52

LWJ Appears Club 1871 are going to attempt a tifo for the SheffU game. Big chance for them to impress the doubters if this works.

Now cancelLOLed.

I reckon the Barnsley game is just an excuse

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Mar 2020 17:58

RoyalBlue Sadly if the idiot minority continue to spend much of the game trying to antagonise the visiting support and then creating trouble afterwards, I can see the club getting cold feet and bringing Club 1871 to an end.

Agree, but it'll take more than one game. Given this sort of stuff was almost weekly in Y26 and generally C1871 has been a roaring success it's going to take quite a while for the club to pull as negative a move as shutting down the most vocal and positive section of the stadium.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 02 Mar 2020 19:52

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue Sadly if the idiot minority continue to spend much of the game trying to antagonise the visiting support and then creating trouble afterwards, I can see the club getting cold feet and bringing Club 1871 to an end.

Agree, but it'll take more than one game. Given this sort of stuff was almost weekly in Y26 and generally C1871 has been a roaring success it's going to take quite a while for the club to pull as negative a move as shutting down the most vocal and positive section of the stadium.

Agree with you too, but if you take 2 games rather than 1, you have the Wigan match where the support was offensive and toxic towards the team from 30 minutes in "we've had a shot", "we're fuxking shit", "we're going down with the wigan", followed by a game where there are clashes between fans that have no particular rivalry whatsoever over the years.

The only logic for the club will surely be to move Club 1871 to Y26, where they can use the gate to block off between the home and away fans and then we are back where we started.

Having a fight with people from Barnsley who came to watch a game of football. What is up with some people?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 03 Mar 2020 09:20

notloyalenuffroyal
Snowflake Royal

The only logic for the club will surely be to move Club 1871 to Y26, where they can use the gate to block off between the home and away fans and then we are back where we started.

If they were to swap the sides of the away end the gate could be moved IMO.

Always wondered why we didn't have a ramp of some description going down the hill to take home fans away.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Mar 2020 09:21

LWJ
notloyalenuffroyal
Snowflake Royal Agree, but it'll take more than one game. Given this sort of stuff was almost weekly in Y26 and generally C1871 has been a roaring success it's going to take quite a while for the club to pull as negative a move as shutting down the most vocal and positive section of the stadium.

Always wondered why we didn't have a ramp of some description going down the hill to take home fans away.

There were the "death stairs" for the first season, IIRC.

But yes, I think it would make sense to move C1871 to the Y26 corner and move the away fans the other side of the stand.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 03 Mar 2020 09:22

Hendo
LWJ
notloyalenuffroyal

But yes, I think it would make sense to move C1871 to the Y26 corner and move the away fans the other side of the stand.

A ramp like the boardwalks at centerparcs might work

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Mar 2020 09:23

LWJ
Hendo
LWJ If they were to swap the sides of the away end the gate could be moved IMO.

Never been to CP m9. Although just a concrete ramp would do the job I expect.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 03 Mar 2020 09:24

Hendo
LWJ
Hendo

Never been to CP m9. Although just a concrete ramp would do the job I expect.

Concrete yes, but it basically meanders back and forth like a mountain road. So it's never super steep at any point.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Mar 2020 11:01

Club 1871 is sold out.

So much for the moron on the previous page saying it was finished........

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 03 Mar 2020 11:11

Old Man Andrews Club 1871 is sold out.

You've changed your tune...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Mar 2020 11:12

Tilehurstsouthbank

I did a long time ago, people seem to forget that. It isn't for me but I did go and watch a game in Club 1871 and thought it was perfectly fine if you like that kind of thing. Each to their own.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 03 Mar 2020 11:16

Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank

I did a long time ago, people seem to forget that. It isn't for me but I did go and watch a game in Club 1871 and thought it was perfectly fine if you like that kind of thing. Each to their own.

For me it's just preferring a 'Side on' view of the game. Pretty much all away games you're behind the goal and it's harder to see what's going on. The whole 'atmosphere is better in 1871' isn't an issue to me, but fair play to them for generating more noise most games. Thought they were excellent v Barnsley, the handbags aside...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Mar 2020 11:33

Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank

For me it's just preferring a 'Side on' view of the game. Pretty much all away games you're behind the goal and it's harder to see what's going on. The whole 'atmosphere is better in 1871' isn't an issue to me, but fair play to them for generating more noise most games. Thought they were excellent v Barnsley, the handbags aside...

I'm also one for preferring to be on the side. Always prefer to be higher up if I am behind the goal or on the side as it just gives you a better view. Not really fussed about being too close to the action.

2100 posts