8627 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by BR0B0T » 04 Mar 2020 12:26

Sanguine
BR0B0T
Sanguine
Ah yes, the United team that won the league with 79 points, etc etc.

Much more competitive back then...Utd are fighting for fourth with their current lowest ever prem points

etc.

Premier League isn't competitive because Liverpool didn't lose. Last year the CL wasn't competitive because Liverpool did lose a few but still won it.

etc.

Yeah, really hard to compare seasons, not really a fan of saying the 'league is shit'

You could standardize with z-scores which would prolly push Liverpool's score even higher tbf

Competitive in that we played...

Juventus, Barcelona, Inter Milan twice,
Bayern Munich, Liverpool three times
Chelsea, Arsenal four times

and similar to last season we were competing with 'champions' Arsenal until the last day

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Mar 2020 17:45

Had a chat with two Liverpool fans at work this afternoon.

Cannot believe that they’re both nervous about the PL.
WHAAAAAAAAT ? :shock: :shock:

However, I do get a little of what they’re saying about a wonderful season could end as a bit of a damp squib. Particularly if they lose to Athletico and then limp over the line in the PL. From this position, anything less than a 10 point advantage at the end of the season would seem a little odd.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 06 Mar 2020 07:27

Franchise FC Had a chat with two Liverpool fans at work this afternoon.

However, I do get a little of what they’re saying about a wonderful season could end as a bit of a damp squib. Particularly if they lose to Athletico and then limp over the line in the PL. From this position, anything less than a 10 point advantage at the end of the season would seem a little odd.

You are hearing it from me first.

They will lose tomorrow.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Mar 2020 08:57

Franchise FC Had a chat with two Liverpool fans at work this afternoon.

30 years will do that to you

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Mar 2020 08:59

I think if Liverpool lost every game from here until the end of the season, they might just have to pack it up and go home, it wouldn't be worth sticking around for the humiliation.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Mar 2020 22:35

OK team...nothing special!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2020 22:36

Adrian threw that game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Mar 2020 22:37

Feel a bit for Adrian, he’s going to get slaughtered for this. End of the day, they missed too many chances in the first place to not win in the 90 minutes

Bit surprised he brought Milner on for Chamberlain though, felt they missed that linkup once the sub was made. If he had to come off to fatigue, I’d have thought Keita or Lallana would have been a better option

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Mar 2020 22:38

Old Man Andrews Adrian threw that game.

Not just him though was it?

Missed a hatful of chances, which they should really be taking

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Mar 2020 22:42

URZZZZ

Well it kinda is just him in terms of letting goals in, yes. He is the goalkeeper.

In seriousness Liverpool were the better side by far but Atletico just seem to have this animal instinct in all of their players and they just know how to get the job done in the end. Theres no other team quite like them.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Mar 2020 22:43

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Well it kinda is just him in terms of letting goals in, yes. He is the goalkeeper.

In seriousness Liverpool were the better side by far but Atletico just seem to have this animal instinct in all of their players and they just know how to get the job done in the end. Theres no other team quite like them.

But the blame must be shared among the attackers too

They only scored one in 180 minutes against them and whilst they are a very good defensive side, shouldn’t be happening with the firepower they have up top

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Mar 2020 13:56

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

They only scored one in 180 minutes against them and whilst they are a very good defensive side, shouldn’t be happening with the firepower they have up top

Ok shoot me to bits...….I don't get all this "Liverpool played well last night blah blah blah".....All I saw was a team that spent most of the time just lobbing balls in the box......It was like watching Bolton under Allerdyce. They ran out of ideas.....
Lovely to see them lose like that. Cmon City.....would love them to win the CL.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 12 Mar 2020 14:52

Ascotexgunner
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Well it kinda is just him in terms of letting goals in, yes. He is the goalkeeper.

Ok shoot me to bits...….I don't get all this "Liverpool played well last night blah blah blah".....All I saw was a team that spent most of the time just lobbing balls in the box......It was like watching Bolton under Allerdyce. They ran out of ideas.....

If you actually watched the game you will have seen a bit more than a Bolton or a Wimbledon type performance from Liverpool and a tremendous rearguard action by the visitors with the game effectively a tale of two keepers.
I also now hope that City go on and win it but expect their defence not to be good enough.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Mar 2020 16:48

Ascotexgunner

So a) you have a particular history on here of disdain towards Liverpool FC, and b) you claim they spent most of the game lobbing (ineffectual) balls into the box, and yet c) they had over 30 shots on goal. Given that a cross is not a shot, maybe you saw the game 'wrong'.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Mar 2020 10:30

Sanguine
Ascotexgunner

So a) you have a particular history on here of disdain towards Liverpool FC, and b) you claim they spent most of the game lobbing (ineffectual) balls into the box, and yet c) they had over 30 shots on goal. Given that a cross is not a shot, maybe you saw the game 'wrong'.

Yes,Yes,No

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 Mar 2020 11:06

Ascotexgunner
Sanguine
Ascotexgunner

Yes,Yes,No

If a team has 30 shots on goal, and all you saw was crosses, you're 'analysing' it through shit-tinted glasses.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Mar 2020 13:52

Sanguine
Ascotexgunner
Sanguine

Yes,Yes,No

If a team has 30 shots on goal, and all you saw was crosses, you're 'analysing' it through shit-tinted glasses.

I know it's a bit pedantic, but apparently Liverpool had 34 shots of which 11 were on target.
That's a lot of mis-hit crosses if you ask me :wink:

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 15 Mar 2020 10:26

Looks like the season will be cancelled now. Liverpool won't be champions after all.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Mar 2020 13:50

Think they already are tbf.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 16 Mar 2020 07:08

They’ve now lost four out of their last five matches, including 3-0 at Watford.

They’re cracking. No way should they be crowned champions prematurely.

They should go again in August and prove they can last a season.

8627 posts