BFTG Brum

Singing Defective

BFTG Brum

by Singing Defective » 07 Mar 2020 22:22

Game of two halves, Brian. From our end, really couldn’t see what happened 7 Minutes in, but it looked a softer goal than a McSofty’s ice cream in an August heatwave. Rest of first half dreadful.

Odd atmosphere, Brum fans just looked on, almost no reaction except after their one goal.

In the second half, both the team and the Brum stewards were busy. They stewards chucked quite a few of our younger fans out, no idea why, despite them being about ten yards away. The team, well, the subs worked, and Bowen can count to three. Bowen in, for a bit.

After final whistle, Swift gave his shirt to one of the younger fans, Meite was serenaded and pelted the yoof with his drink, and Matt had a wry smile when every one sang we want him back next year, as Chelsey is a sh..not a nice place.

Evening rounded off by Cross Country no-trains cancelling two trains, so with a Wasps game, Oxford at Shrewsbury and our little contribution, the train was like a Corona infection party.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG Brum

by Lower West » 07 Mar 2020 22:31

Finally a team that can turn games around. Even better when it'a away from home. Plenty of character in today's starting line-up.

After lots of false dawns. There does seem to be a settled core squad that just needs a little refinement for next season. Rather than a major rebuild. Gomes and Miagza should be top of the wish list. Both appear extremely committed to the club.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Mar 2020 22:33

Lower West Finally a team that can turn games around. Even better when it'a away from home. Plenty of character in today's starting line-up.

After lots of false dawns. There does seem to be a settled core squad that just needs a little refinement for next season. Rather than a major rebuild. Gomes and Miagza should be top of the wish list. Both appear extremely committed to the club.

Agreed. I would like both of them at the club next season. It would certainly blow our transfer budget though.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Mar 2020 22:41

Zip
Lower West Finally a team that can turn games around. Even better when it'a away from home. Plenty of character in today's starting line-up.

Agreed. I would like both of them at the club next season. It would certainly blow our transfer budget though.

They'll be a fair number of departures.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Mar 2020 22:48

Definitely a game of two halves. Overall a poor game of football, but we won. We were workmanlike in the second half. Good to get the equaliser early and the second knocked the stuffing out of the Blues and their fans. Birmingham were poor throughout. How have they got so many points? When they played at the Madejski they knocked it around quite nicely at times but now resemble just a Warnock team in a Pep Clotet disguise.

Swift was dreadful first half and Ovie non-existent. Morrison’s nd Miazga solid, and Yiadom did very little attacking. Looked like a definite tactic. I liked Omar Richards’ tenacity throughout the game. I’d have him as MOTM. We look better with Rino’s energy and driving runs in midfield too.

Cracking finish from Miazga which made up for his mistake for their goal. Not sure how Hogan missed the chance on the back post soon after they scored.

6’s all round except a 4 for Ovie and a 7 for Richards.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 07 Mar 2020 22:56

Zip

Gomes is a must, however i really don't think Miazga will be back next season, but that should give McIntyre the back up spot in defense. I know we have agreed in principle to sign Ejaria, but on current form and the fact that it looks like he has been found out, i would decline this option and allow Olise the path to a permanent starting spot.
I am also impressed with the obvious work being done on Puscas!! its hard for any player to adapt in a new country and adapt to the rigurs of the Championship, buts it really looks like the hard work is starting to reap the rewards, and with a strong run in and a full pre-season this guy could be the 20+ goal striker we have been craving for.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Mar 2020 23:10

Crowbar6753
Zip

Gomes is a must, however i really don't think Miazga will be back next season, but that should give McIntyre the back up spot in defense. I know we have agreed in principle to sign Ejaria, but on current form and the fact that it looks like he has been found out, i would decline this option and allow Olise the path to a permanent starting spot.
I am also impressed with the obvious work being done on Puscas!! its hard for any player to adapt in a new country and adapt to the rigurs of the Championship, buts it really looks like the hard work is starting to reap the rewards, and with a strong run in and a full pre-season this guy could be the 20+ goal striker we have been craving for.

Ejaria hasn't been found out. Players of his ability aren't found out. He's just not making the right choices.

He's young, he's talented and there's plenty of time for him to flourish. With experience comes better decisions. Swift's done it, so no reason he can't too.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 07 Mar 2020 23:11

Loanees largely a success for a second season running. What a difference they’ve made today. But for me, I’d rather we signed Miazga over Pelé - he’s just not consistent enough and although a great finish from Pelé - I think we will be getting the Sao Paolo lad Igor Liziero (@mafff on Twitter) in the summer. If we can get Miazga and Lewis Baker from Chelsea on permanent deals too, we will be a force.

Anyway back to today - whatever Bowen said at half time really put a rocket up them. We took our chances in the second half (how long since we last said that?) and already looking forward to a tough game against a form Stoke City team next weekend at the Madejski.
Last edited by royalp-we on 07 Mar 2020 23:41, edited 1 time in total.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 07 Mar 2020 23:11

Ovie is an outstanding talent who needs time to grow.

He's going to be worth 10 times what we're paying for him. We'd be mad to pass up the opportunity to bring him in.

Only trouble is he and Swift are too similar and shouldn't really be starting in the same team.

Not sure what the solution is.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Mar 2020 23:15

I've been quite critical of Ovie since the turn of the year. Perhaps he simply needs a break. Today did he drop during the first half and look for the ball. Far too often the game seems to bypass him. Putting all the onus on Swift.

Olise is relatively fresh. Not sure how he would stand up to a 40 plus competitive game season. Ovie needs to get down the gym during the summer months and return next season physically stronger. Certainly needs to add another dimension to his game.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Mar 2020 23:15

JimmytheJim Ovie is an outstanding talent who needs time to grow.

He's going to be worth 10 times what we're paying for him. We'd be mad to pass up the opportunity to bring him in.

Only trouble is he and Swift are too similar and shouldn't really be starting in the same team.

Not sure what the solution is.

I think it's quite likely that a big offer will come in for Swift

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Mar 2020 23:17

Snowflake Royal
Crowbar6753
Zip

Ejaria hasn't been found out. Players of his ability aren't found out. He's just not making the right choices.

He's young, he's talented and there's plenty of time for him to flourish. With experience comes better decisions. Swift's done it, so no reason he can't too.

Totally agree. Ridiculous statement from Crowbar there.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Mar 2020 23:17

JimmytheJim Only trouble is he and Swift are too similar and shouldn't really be starting in the same team.

Swift is a far far better all round player. Hardly surprising given their ages and relative experience.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Mar 2020 23:23

Lower West
JimmytheJim Only trouble is he and Swift are too similar and shouldn't really be starting in the same team.

Swift is a far far better all round player. Hardly surprising given their ages and relative experience.

I'd say Ejaria is way better defensively than Swift was 2 years ago, and also technically more gifted too. And he already seems to be causing a lot more havoc than last season.

He's really only got to work out how to be effective, at the moment he's trying too much, just needs to reign in the skills and be a bit more simple. He's already technically better than the vast majority of good Championship players.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Mar 2020 23:29

Snowflake Royal
Lower West

I'd say Ejaria is way better defensively than Swift was 2 years ago, and also technically more gifted too. And he already seems to be causing a lot more havoc than last season.

He's really only got to work out how to be effective, at the moment he's trying too much, just needs to reign in the skills and be a bit more simple. He's already technically better than the vast majority of good Championship players.

The opposition have worked Ovie out. Easy to box him into blind alleys.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Mar 2020 23:39

Ovie needs a break. He looked shattered on Tuesday night and was struggling to run. Give him a couple of weeks off and get him fully fit and he will be fine.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 07 Mar 2020 23:53

Love away days like that. Few beers before.
Watch the game.
Deserved to win.
Excellent atmosphere except the Brummy fans
More beers after
Just home!

Perfect away day :D

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Mar 2020 00:45

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
Crowbar6753

Totally agree. Ridiculous statement from Crowbar there.

Well he’s been totally ineffective for 2 months so somethings up. Not sure it’s making wrong decisions.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Mar 2020 01:47

Ejaria should spend a couple of weeks playing the role of impact sub imo. He just needs to freshen up a little and get some rest. Young man who has a big future and I'd hate to see his season end on a down note or pick up an injury due to over exertion.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 08 Mar 2020 06:42

Typical Championship really, we took our chances very well which was the difference.

B'ham didn't really look any better/worse than us tbh - although they seemed to want to force a goal rather than score one once we'd gone in front. It definitely rattled them that sucker punch second goal,

Fairly lethargic atmosphere from B'ham apart from not getting the penalty which did stir a little bit of feeling .