Coronavirus outbreak

1127 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Coronavirus outbreak

by Millsy » 09 Mar 2020 14:16

3points 3 Points Jnr got "semi-quarantined" yesterday coming back into Heathrow from Krakow on a BA flight. He disembarked the plane and was on the jet bridge when Heathrow shut the doors into the terminal building, but they weren't allowed back onto the plane. An hour or so later of utter shenanigans, form filling, officials in face masks, people in haz-mat suits and lack of info he and girlfriend then let through. Apparently a Chinese looking lady on the plane had sneezed and coughed a couple of times and someone on the plane called the police to report a suspected case of coronaviras. All a little bit racist tbh

I'm loving Coronvirus. Have honestly never had it this easy ordering Chinese takeaways, much less of a wait. The only explanation I can think of is the virus makes them work more efficiently.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 09 Mar 2020 16:09

:|

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 Mar 2020 19:26

Snowball
Green
Snowball Monday I went London City > Milan > Catania (Sicily)

Thursday my Milan flight cancelled, came back

Catania > Rome > London Heathrow.

I've had sore throat and a headache since mid-afternoon Thursday,
now, very "chesty" - and get tested11 AM tomorrow in Thatcham!

PS

I look after two teenage asylum-seekers and, although technically
they COULD go to school, as I haven't yet be diagnosed with novel
Coronavirus, Social Services have asked them to stay home until I
get a diagnosis either way.

JOY!

Jeez - weren't you the nobber mixed up with the Clapham Rail crash too?

You seem to be dogged by misfortune.

I'm a writer. I live off misfortune (unless I die, of course...)

I was supposed to be skiing in Northern Italy this week with mates , but we took the decision not to go last Thursday knowing we'd lose all our money. However got a call Friday morning from ski company saying they'd cancelled holidays to where we were going so we got a full refund ! Happy days but still gave a rubbish prediction for the Brummie's game.

Hope things are all ok Snowers , just make sure you keep the prediction league going what ever ! :wink:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 09 Mar 2020 20:05

Gunny Fishcake
Snowball
Green Jeez - weren't you the nobber mixed up with the Clapham Rail crash too?

You seem to be dogged by misfortune.

I'm a writer. I live off misfortune (unless I die, of course...)

I was supposed to be skiing in Northern Italy this week with mates , but we took the decision not to go last Thursday knowing we'd lose all our money. However got a call Friday morning from ski company saying they'd cancelled holidays to where we were going so we got a full refund ! Happy days but still gave a rubbish prediction for the Brummie's game.

Hope things are all ok Snowers , just make sure you keep the prediction league going what ever ! :wink:

There is a very small chance we will need to continue using a Ouija Board

I'm a bit chesty, have had a headache for four days, bit of a cough
and sore throat, but (so far) more like an average cold than any kind of flu.

For many (I'm told) the symptoms (of N-CV) can be quite mild.

The dodgy stuff, breathing difficulties (if they occur) hit about
Day 7 or 8, (starting from the first headache) which for me is Thursday/Friday

19 out of 20 times, this will NOT be Coronavirus, but I'm confined to barracks
anyway, which is VERY frustrating!

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 10 Mar 2020 08:38

The thought of Liverpool and potentially Leeds lifting trophies in empty stadiums does give me a wry smile :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2020 10:53

Leeds won't win the play offs mate.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2020 11:09

This (me) will probably turn out to be a common-or-garden cold

But so far my daughter's symptoms are following mine with a 24 Hour delay

So either she's fitter (obviously younger) or I got it and passed it to her

(whether boring cold or N-CV)

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Mar 2020 12:55

Of the hundreds who use the toilets before during and after the game very few wash their hands or use the sanitizer , even though the latter ran out at half time last Tuesday.
Maybe the club should think about replenishing the soap and sanitizer several times during the game.

Bonzodog

by Bonzodog » 10 Mar 2020 13:29

With many games either postponed or being played behind closed doors across Europe can’t be long before there are restrictions here now. The owner of Nottingham Forest has now tested positive some suggestion that he met the team before their recent game with Millwall.
If there are restrictions here I wonder how far down the pyramid they’ll go. Will have a devastating effect on clubs outside the PL.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Mar 2020 13:40

Reading the BBC article today, a medical expert said that the virus isn't hugely potent outside and that sporting events are relatively safe

elrey

by elrey » 10 Mar 2020 13:55

genome Reading the BBC article today, a medical expert said that the virus isn't hugely potent outside and that sporting events are relatively safe

Question is, why would anyone actually risk it?

I've been in quarantine for one month five days, more or less, though I was going outside every few days anyway and recently it's relaxed and I've been out walking around. But I can't work and haven't worked since the end of January, lost thousands of pounds because of it.

And I don't even have the damn thing. But I'm in China. The potential for this thing is bad, I've avoided people as much as I can, and worn a mask outside and washed hands every time I've gone out.

Mr Sitter

by Mr Sitter » 10 Mar 2020 14:05

There is such a panic in some quarters that, despite the comments made by the medical experts, I think the Government will come under severe pressure to take action on mass gatherings and will do so fairly soon, initially probably allowing football to continue behind closed doors. I fear this could be as soon as this weekend. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Bonzodog

by Bonzodog » 10 Mar 2020 14:05

genome Reading the BBC article today, a medical expert said that the virus isn't hugely potent outside and that sporting events are relatively safe

Fans travel to games on public transport or coaches, they mix in concourses pre game and at half time. Many of the stadiums are almost enclosed bowls as opposed to windswept terraces. There are clearly other experts in Europe who think differently.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Mar 2020 14:13

elrey

Question is, why would anyone actually risk it?

Because the majority of the population aren't massive pussies.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Mar 2020 14:40

Bonzodog

Fans travel to games on public transport or coaches, they mix in concourses pre game and at half time. Many of the stadiums are almost enclosed bowls as opposed to windswept terraces. There are clearly other experts in Europe who think differently.

And they all snog and kiss and jump on each other when a last minute goal is score......don't they?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Mar 2020 14:41

Snowflake Royal Leeds won't win the play offs mate.

I wish I could believe you were right.....might make the Liverpool win slightly (only slightly) more bearable.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Mar 2020 15:45

Lower West Outdoor events must be considerably safer than say travelling on the tube.
People travel to these outdoor events on public transport, say like the tube.

Agree it's probably safer being at an outdoor event than in a confined crowd, but arguably being at home in your living room is probably going to be safer still.

Glastonbury festival and those like it where people get real close and personal to those around them and tend to let hygiene go over the weekend sounds like breeding grounds for coronovirus.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Mar 2020 16:27

Ascotexgunner
traff As it is the Posh MPs and Whitehall mob who will be making this decision. Fully expect all football matches to be played behind closed doors after the rugger has finished. Maybe before that as the last Twickers match has now been played and they have used their debenture seats for this year.

I am as well. If it is it would be nice if the club could televise it for Season Ticket Holders or people who have tickets, on the website...Would be pretty simple to do.

Why wouldn't you just broadcast it for everyone ?
Obvious problem would be that the club can't do it because they don't own the rights. those have been sold to Sky etc who would need to give permission.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 10 Mar 2020 19:43

windermereROYAL Of the hundreds who use the toilets before during and after the game very few wash their hands or use the sanitizer , even though the latter ran out at half time last Tuesday.
Maybe the club should think about replenishing the soap and sanitizer several times during the game.

Said as much on official thread on CV. Nobody was interested. But if it's an indication of the general public attitude to hand washing we are screwed

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 10 Mar 2020 20:02

I know football is gentrifying but I think we're a long way from football fans having a slash at half time being indicative of general hygiene standards.

1127 posts