Old season ticket holder.

BeeCee

Old season ticket holder.

by BeeCee » 15 Apr 2020 18:38

Hi guys i'm new to the forum, I used to be a season ticket holder saw both promotions.

I stopped going a few years back, been back a couple times for the odd game.

I miss going tbh and i'm considering coming back but them few times I did come back it just didn't feel the same to me as it use to.

Things like the stadium announcer, music, build up to the games and even things like the relationship between the players and the fans.

Does anybody else feel like this aswell ?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Old season ticket holder.

by Forbury Lion » 16 Apr 2020 13:03

I never stopped going, but felt the same way after the Coppell era, didn't recognise half the players/team, often felt like I didn't want to be there. This changed when Brian McDermott took charge and it became fun again, you felt like you were part of the team... then more of the same after he left, in fact partly before he left (not his fault), Its only since Gomez and now Bowen I've started to feel part of the team again, I can see how we're trying to play and for the most part it's enjoyable.

One87One

by One87One » 16 Apr 2020 13:41

BeeCee Hi guys i'm new to the forum, I used to be a season ticket holder saw both promotions.

I miss going tbh and i'm considering coming back but them few times I did come back it just didn't feel the same to me as it use to.

Things like the stadium announcer, music, build up to the games and even things like the relationship between the players and the fans.

I've been a regular since 1994 but Zingarevich and then the Thai's taking the pi** out of us made me fall out of love with the game, and it's been an on off relationship ever since. I have however maintained a season ticket since.
This season I attended the first game with renewed vigor, only for cancer to strike and then wipe me out until the new year, and I haven't been able to go since my recovery due to anxiety.

BeeCee

by BeeCee » 16 Apr 2020 14:14

Sorry to hear about your illness mate, thanks for your comments.

BeeCee

by BeeCee » 16 Apr 2020 14:16

Forbury Lion I never stopped going, but felt the same way after the Coppell era, didn't recognise half the players/team, often felt like I didn't want to be there. This changed when Brian McDermott took charge and it became fun again, you felt like you were part of the team... then more of the same after he left, in fact partly before he left (not his fault), Its only since Gomez and now Bowen I've started to feel part of the team again, I can see how we're trying to play and for the most part it's enjoyable.

Thanks mate, makes me want to go even more now.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 16 Apr 2020 15:15

BeeCee Hi guys i'm new to the forum, I used to be a season ticket holder saw both promotions.

Can’t stand the stadium announcer.Did he use to announce at Bracknell Bees ?

BeeCee

by BeeCee » 16 Apr 2020 17:08

Can’t stand the stadium announcer.Did he use to announce at Bracknell Bees ?[/quote]

Who knows mate, all I know is It felt like I was at a darts competition.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 17 Apr 2020 10:17

Hi Kes

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 17 Apr 2020 10:17

How have you filled the time you used to spend going to games?

Trips to B&Q? Learning to play golf? (I hear you can make pretty good progress in six weeks)

BeeCee

by BeeCee » 18 Apr 2020 20:27

I run a youtube channel and i am a father.

Its been a bit different recently due to lockdown situation but on the whole not too much has changed for me.

But I do miss football need to have a job/career change though as I currently work weekends which wont work with footy if I start going again.

How have you filled the time you used to spend going to games?

Trips to B&Q? Learning to play golf? (I hear you can make pretty good progress in six weeks)[/quote]

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Apr 2020 13:18

Both promotions ?
Plastic :roll:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Apr 2020 10:50

The current stadium announcer is routinely cringe-inducing but that doesn’t affect my enjoyment of the whole experience. If anything I find the occasional “new” gaffe to be a great bit of light relief.

Think the music has been much better over the past few years. The combo of “Ashes”, the anthem, and “Sweet Caroline” is much more effective at building the atmosphere than other things they’ve tried.

Not getting the away team read out is a major gripe still.

On Franchise’s point- I must admit at first reading when I saw “both promotions” I assumed OP meant our promotions out of Division Three and Division Two.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 22 Apr 2020 17:23

Franchise FC

Both promotions ?

SCIAG On Franchise’s point- I must admit at first reading when I saw “both promotions” I assumed OP meant our promotions out of Division Three and Division Two.

Promotion from division three was almost 30 years ago :|

Might not seem like it to you old geezers but TBF to the OP it's perfectly possible loyal supporters have joined and left since then.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Apr 2020 18:45

Green
Franchise FC

Both promotions ?

SCIAG On Franchise’s point- I must admit at first reading when I saw “both promotions” I assumed OP meant our promotions out of Division Three and Division Two.

Might not seem like it to you old geezers but TBF to the OP it's perfectly possible loyal supporters have joined and left since then.

Promotion from division 3 was this century. Have I missed a decade ?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 22 Apr 2020 19:05

Maybe a difference of semantics (third flight or division), but I mean it's still a long time ago.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Apr 2020 19:06

Green Maybe a difference of semantics (third flight or division), but I mean it's still a long time ago.

But seriously, it’s not 30 years, is it ?
17 at best

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 22 Apr 2020 19:43

When were the divisions rebranded? Certainly before then. It was 90s.

But even at 17 the point stands.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Apr 2020 10:44

Westwood52 Can’t stand the stadium announcer.Did he use to announce at Bracknell Bees ?

I do believe DJ Megamix was from the Bracknell Bees and thought it would be good to bring the US razzmatazz to the Mad Stad. :evil: I don't know whether he has mellowed and eased off with the USA approach or whether, having attended quite a few Atlanta Utd games in MLS, I have become conditioned to it. However, I find him far less noticeable and irritating than was the case when he first popped up.

Still think the best announcer was Jonathan Richards who was and still is a true fan. As such he spoke for most if not all, of us with his little dig at Parjudas (or was it the FSB) and certainly didn't deserve to get the push for merely encouraging us to all remind him what a great club be had left behind.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Apr 2020 12:22

I would love to be the first one to say

FON

Thanks.

(seriously though, welcome to the board).

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Apr 2020 15:02

Green
Franchise FC

Both promotions ?

I quite agree - I have not seen us in the fourth tier. I just naturally assume everyone on HNA is at least ten years older than me, particularly when they write in the formal style like the OP.