Ex -Player Podcasts (Cureton/McShane)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ex -Player Podcasts (Cureton/McShane)

by Sutekh » 29 May 2020 14:21

Jason Roberts now available in Elm Park Royals podcasts

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 May 2020 23:31

Recent TTE podcasts are offering interviews with Tom McIntyre, Andries Ulderink, Simon Church and Kaspars Gorkss

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Jun 2020 09:07

Jose Gomes is on the BBC's latest Football Daily podcast

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Jun 2020 05:24

Yann Kermorgant podcast now up on the Royal Exchange

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jun 2020 19:25

TTE have a podcast with Nigel Gibbs available

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Jun 2020 22:21

Thought McShane came across as quite an old school, heart in his sleeve type player / captain but I winder in some of the situations he described he was a bit limited? If a team mate wasn’t all blood and thunder then he didn’t want to know? Every player is different and a captain needs to recognise that. And he clearly had a track record of falling out with managers as well

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jul 2020 01:08

Podcasts with Jobi and Shaka now on the BBC Berks site

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2020 05:38

Tilehurst End have a podcast with Brian Tevreden

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 28 Jul 2020 23:02

Brian Tevreden refused to even talk about Gourlay. Said it hurt him to see long serving, loyal employees sacked by him and that more interestingly, Gourlay(and some others by the sound of it) cared more about their power and ego so the path Tevreden gave our youth players was destroyed. Only other interesting thing he said is he had no role in sacking McDermott and Stam(the latter he found out whilst at the dentist) but did agree on having Paul Clement on the list. No longer works in a club, now runs an agency yet doesn’t have anything negative to say about our owners so at least we are in good hands by the sound of it.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Jul 2020 10:25

Excellent podcast. Of all the recent managers we've had, Stam is normally the one I'm most critical of. He had a fair chance and just came across as arrogant; blaming the fans for being shit at home is inexcusable.

But can't help but think, without the Gourlay appointment, he, Howe and BT could have done well for the club. Clearly he had to work in difficult circumstances in his 2nd season.

Also nothing bad to say about the current owners. I think they definitely have the right intentions, but surrounded themselves with the wrong people when they arrived

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Aug 2020 13:37

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 19 Aug 2020 15:27

WestYorksRoyal Excellent podcast. Of all the recent managers we've had, Stam is normally the one I'm most critical of. He had a fair chance and just came across as arrogant; blaming the fans for being shit at home is inexcusable.

But can't help but think, without the Gourlay appointment, he, Howe and BT could have done well for the club. Clearly he had to work in difficult circumstances in his 2nd season.

Also nothing bad to say about the current owners. I think they definitely have the right intentions, but surrounded themselves with the wrong people when they arrived

When I first heard the interview I thought the same about what they could have done...and then I remembered some of their signings like Gravenberch, Weiser & Illori and I changed my mind!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Aug 2020 16:58

Notts Royal
WestYorksRoyal Excellent podcast. Of all the recent managers we've had, Stam is normally the one I'm most critical of. He had a fair chance and just came across as arrogant; blaming the fans for being shit at home is inexcusable.

When I first heard the interview I thought the same about what they could have done...and then I remembered some of their signings like Gravenberch, Weiser & Illori and I changed my mind!

Big Gravenberch was under BMcD.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 19 Aug 2020 19:21

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal

Correct.

I think BT actually mentioned Weiser, basically, as a cheap gamble. Which is fair enough I guess, but wouldn't the lads in the academy been cheaper gambles?

Ilori probably seemed like a decent shout - interesting that the club he sold him to are now looking to offload after 18 months or so - one of those players that looks better on initial inspection than down the line maybe.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 19 Aug 2020 20:17

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal

Tevreden was already in place then as he was working alongside BMcD. I could be wrong though

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Aug 2020 10:40

Notts Royal

That bad though? Gravenberch and Weiser cost peanuts so we didn't really lose anything. It's similar to SJM era signings like Cedric Baseya, Brett Williams and Aaron Brown.

Ilori I see your point more, but we did recapture the majority of what we paid for him. He also had 6 months to settle in at the club before the Gourlay chaos started; maybe it could have worked out better for him.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2020 13:49

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal

Just. Believe he was signed on a Tuesday and Brian went on the Thursday of the same week.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 02 Sep 2020 19:21

Not a podcast but a really good interview with Paul Holsgrove with TTE on twitter, re his son and also re the Bolton play off final where he says the players were completely shot at half time in the dressing room

My memories of the game were we held them pretty comfortably until they scored but the time that has elapsed may have clouded my memory....

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Sep 2020 20:28

Anyone see this Kitson interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He3-_v8fRRA

I found it an incredible watch/listen.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 06 Sep 2020 20:08

Jagermesiter1871 Anyone see this Kitson interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He3-_v8fRRA

I found it an incredible watch/listen.

Thanks m8 I’ll have a watch