MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by no fans allowed

265 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by no fans allowed

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2020 12:52

When : Saturday 27th June, 1pm
Where : Pride Park Stadium, Derby, DE24 8XL

Derby next. Season more or less over. Nothing to worry about. Aren't going anywhere. Like many I'm not really all that bothered now it's all petered out but would appreciate a decent performance whatever the result.

Hoping to see a couple more youngsters get involved, even if it's only for the matchday experience, though the first team selection is not likely to differ greatly from the Stoke disappointment.

Joao has an injury (again!) but don't know currently how serious that injury is so he may or may not be involved. Yiadom is still out so Chris Gunter will continue at right back. Miazga and Pele will possibly both be on the bench.

Derby. Who cares really, I reckon they're not going anywhere either (despite them being only 3 points off 6th place) so for them it's a case of the Wayne Rooney show and whether or not the FL will sling a charge at them for breaching FFP. No mugs though as they did turn Millwall over at the Den last time out and have won three in a row. If Reading did turn them over then their season would be pretty much done and dusted so I would expect a bit of a battering on Saturday which hopefully can be survived.

And for ST holders the game is free to watch on ifollow which we hope won't have the same issues as last time (hopefully the 1pm kick off time will prevent that).

Referee

Scott Duncan has been given this one and it looks like only his second game of this entire season so far.

Previously

29 Jan 2019 > Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Reading
05 Aug 2017 > Queens Park Rangers 2-0 Reading
15 Apr 2017 > Aston Villa 1-3 Reading
11 Mar 2017 > Preston North End 3-0 Reading
22 Oct 2016 > Rotherham United 0-1 Reading
12 Apr 2016 > Middlesbrough 2-1 Reading
04 Apr 2015 > Reading 1-1 Cardiff City

Historically

Reading have largely had the upper hand in games against Derby registering almost twice as many wins (24) in all competitions.

In the league this game will be the 42nd time the two sides have met with all games having been played since 1984 – a drab 0-0 at Elm Park (so, on average, it's been roughly one game a year since then and just goes to show how the once mighty have fallen over the last 4 decades). The return from the 20 previous league trips to Derby is 9 wins, 3 draws and 8 defeats which is really rather good when you consider that Derby have always been a fairly decent top two division team.

How to follow the game

1. Listen to Radio 5 Live and/or a myriad of other radio stations for score flashes
  2. Ring/text a mate for updates
  3. Use the iFollow subscription
  4. BBC Radio Berkshire (FM : 104.4, 104.1 or 95.4 depending where you are in the area)
Last edited by Sutekh on 24 Jun 2020 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by no fans allowed

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jun 2020 12:56

Who is this pathetic novice Scott Duncan? What gives him the impression he is of the required standard to officiate us?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Jun 2020 06:42

I hate Derby. No idea why but I just do. There's something off about them, like Bacon flavour Crisps or Chocolate with Nuts inside.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2020 08:36

Simmops I hate Derby. No idea why but I just do. There's something off about them, like Bacon flavour Crisps or Chocolate with Nuts inside.

Frazzles are thing king of crisps and Smokey Bacon Walkers are great.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jun 2020 08:56

Simmops I hate Derby. No idea why but I just do. There's something off about them, like Bacon flavour Crisps or Chocolate with Nuts inside.

Both of those things are great.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Jun 2020 09:08

Snowflake Royal

Frazzles are thing king of crisps and Smokey Bacon Walkers are great.

Meh not a fan. I'm a traditional S&V guy.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Jun 2020 10:58

Assuming Joao is out, would look to being Pele and Rinomhota in, Derby are strong in midfield

Rafael

Gunter
Morrison
Moore
Richards

Pele
Rinomhota

Olise
Swift
Ejaria

Meite

Walker Miazga Blackett/Obita (one more likely to stay, if any) Araruna Adam McCleary Masika Baldock Puscas

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2020 11:20

.........................Cabral
Araruna, Morrison, Moore, Richards
.................Rinomhota, Swift
Meite.................Olise................Ejaria
.........................Puscas

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Jun 2020 11:26

URZZZZ Assuming Joao is out, would look to being Pele and Rinomhota in, Derby are strong in midfield

Rafael

Gunter
Morrison
Moore
Richards

Pele
Rinomhota

Olise
Swift
Ejaria

Meite

Walker Miazga Blackett/Obita (one more likely to stay, if any) Araruna Adam McCleary Masika Baldock Puscas

:lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jun 2020 12:03

Snowflake Royal .........................Cabral

Yeah, screw it. I'll go with that. Still think Ejaria on the wing is less than ideal.

I hope Araruna has been working hard. He looke much better at RB than he did in CM.

Edit: Actually, I would swap Olise and Ejaria.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2020 12:21

NewCorkSeth

Yeah, screw it. I'll go with that. Still think Ejaria on the wing is less than ideal.

I hope Araruna has been working hard. He looke much better at RB than he did in CM.

Fluid innit.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jun 2020 12:41

URZZZZ Assuming Joao is out, would look to being Pele and Rinomhota in, Derby are strong in midfield

Rafael

Gunter
Morrison
Moore
Richards

Pele
Rinomhota

Olise
Swift
Ejaria

Meite

Yep would also go with this.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 25 Jun 2020 12:30

NewCorkSeth

Hope I am wrong about Araruna.He can pick a pass;but doubt he can handle the physical side of the Championship.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jun 2020 12:36

Westwood52
NewCorkSeth

Hope I am wrong about Araruna.He can pick a pass;but doubt he can handle the physical side of the Championship.

He has played 3 Championship games for us. Not sure how you have come to this conclusion.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Jun 2020 13:59

So it is England's most capped male outfield player against Wales' most capped male player of all time. Here's hoping Gunts, in one of his final few games for Reading, will be able to keep ex-England captain Rooney quiet for the entire match?

(A nice little sound bite for that paper...)

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 26 Jun 2020 09:20

Old Man Andrews
Westwood52
NewCorkSeth Yeah, screw it. I'll go with that. Still think Ejaria on the wing is less than ideal.

He has played 3 Championship games for us. Not sure how you have come to this conclusion.

What’s not to be sure about ?As I said I hope I am wrong.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 26 Jun 2020 09:27

Smokey Bacon are the best! What happened to the Cadbury Milk Tray chocolate bars?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Jun 2020 09:28

SpaghettiHoop

Smokey Bacon are the best! What happened to the Cadbury Milk Tray chocolate bars?

What?

THEY WERE A THING?!

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Jun 2020 09:29

morganb So it is England's most capped male outfield player against Wales' most capped male player of all time. Here's hoping Gunts, in one of his final few games for Reading, will be able to keep ex-England captain Rooney quiet for the entire match?

(A nice little sound bite for that paper...)

I have a feeling Gunter will be done after this season. Always feel he was treated unfairly and he is a good player.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jun 2020 17:03

Gunter should play

I’d go same team As Stoke but Puscas in for Joao

Derby are a solid enough side but I liked some of the interplay with Swift Ejaria and Olise. If we are going to have any small chance of making the play offs we prob have to go in all guns blazing (or as much as Bowen ever does)

If the play offs are totally gone then yeah happy to see Araruna get a few games to see if he is up to next season

265 posts