BFI Player

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

BFI Player

by Westwood52 » 27 Jun 2020 15:42

Very disappointing.Started poorly then strung together three chances,and looked the real deal in the 2 nd quarter;Meite switches off on their first,and Ref conned for the second.Much better second half; after the third break we lost a little bit of control,which seemed to coincide with Olise going off.Didnt really get any breaks to snatch a draw.
IMHO

Rafael 5 Poor kicking,might have done better on the 2nd.One good regulation save.
Gunter 6 Generally pretty good.Somebody in this league will come in for him.
Richards 7 Last weeks nerves,behind him.Quite assured.His problem has always been lack of confidence.
Moore 4 Not great.After last weeks superb performance very strange.
Miazga 3 Stupid boy.When I came back in from the garden,I saw a replay of the incident.To begin with I thought I was watching FIFA.
Rino 7 Typical all action performance.Never going to give you a lot of finesse.But does his job.
Swift 3 One of those days for him,which happen more regularly than he would like.Still tried and showed for the ball, but just couldn’t turn it round.
Ejaria 6 Much more involved than last week.But once again couldn’t produce an end product.
Olise 7 Just about MOM.Wasted marking fat boy in the first half.
Meite 5 Typical performance,tried;but that first touch is awful.At fault for first goal.
Puskas 2 Oh dear,he looked so much sharper last week,but normal service resumed.

Baldock Looked sharp,then faded.
Obita Did alright.
Masika Needs time and space.Do we keep him ?
Macca Still got a bit of class.

Ref No choice on the sending off.Let down by his linos.Conned on the pen.But we have had worse,and got most things right.Didnt want to book Rooney.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFI Player

by blueroyals » 27 Jun 2020 16:00

Miazga - 10 for throttling that c*nt

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 27 Jun 2020 16:01

Thought our best players were the academy grads...Rino, Olise & especially Richards.

Also impressed with our right hand side of Gunter & Meite, who I think put in a real shift both defensively and going forwards.

Our best spell in the 2nd half coincided with the period of greatest tempo...no surprise there!

Stonewall penalty...no complaints there

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jun 2020 16:03

Disappointingly lacklustre and toothless.

Cabral - 6 no chance with the goals, but ropey kicking.
Gunter - 6 usual Gunts performance
Richards - 7 decent game all round
Moore - 7 pretty solid
Miazga - 7 nearly in trouble a few times and daft sending off at the end, but solid.
Rinomhota - 8 too deep first half, much improved second and scored.
Swift - 6 slow and unusually poor passing
Olise - 7 another good performance, would like to see him create a few more goals, but some lovely crosses and decent shots since the restart
Meite - 7 good defensive work first half, caused a few problems but not enough. Typical Meite, raw, ungainly, but works the opposition hard and gives his all.
Ejaria - 5 so talented, came close a couple of times but just think he's actually a net loss in terms of the team. Slows the game down, overplays, tries too much and no one knows when or where he'll pass. Could be up there with Gylfi if he'd just add proper purpose and tempo to his game
Puscas - 4 So often he ambles after the defenders and stands off and watches them win the ball. He plays on his heels and has no anticipation most of the time. Let down by service today, but offers so little when things aren't going well. Maybe we'd see more from him in a different system, but as our line striker he's dire.

McCleary - 7 looks slicker and fitter than recently
Masika - 5 seen bits of him a few times now, usually chasing a game tbf, but seen nothing to suggest he's Chump quality
Baldock - 5 we got better when he came on, but I think that was the shape change, think he did as little as Puscas

Increasingly thinking we shouldn't take up Ejaria and should look to sell Puscas.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Jun 2020 16:47

It's funny I thought we were by far the better team pressing really effectively until they scored then we just went crap apart from the beginning of the second half so it all hinged on the first goal for me. And Puscas' miss.

Their first goal WHY did we not close him down? It seems it was just a total ****up from the right back department.

It hurts me to say this as I like both Gunter and Meite but why was Gunter not in a right back position and leaving it to Meite? And then why did Meite just give up trying to mark the man and just let him wander off and receive the ball and score. Then when he did receive the ball where was the effort to close him down from Meite and Gunter, who just seemed to run up to him then stop for some strange reason. The guy is on the edge of the box with masses of space, what the flying **** do you expect him to do!?? Close him down! Someone here said Gunter doesn't close players down but just holds off them. Well this was the classic example. Fine in a right back position possibly but not in front of goal! You could see Moore going nuts at Meite for just giving up trying to mark him.

All in all a total defensive mess. 2nd game, 2nd defensive mess.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jun 2020 16:56

As was the case earlier in the season. Something lacking in the squad. Too many technical footballers and not enough hard graft.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jun 2020 18:41

Too much of a pre-season, end of season feel?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Jun 2020 18:49

AthleticoSpizz Too much of a pre-season, end of season feel?

Would say so, just a case of playing out the season now. and get the few points we need to be safe.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jun 2020 18:54

Can barely get interested tbf.

Will be interesting* to follow the ‘quick turnarounds’ and attitude changes when the next seasons start dates are announced.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Jun 2020 19:01

Westwood52 Very disappointing.Started poorly then strung together three chances,and looked the real deal in the 2 nd quarter;Meite switches off on their first,and Ref conned for the second.Much better second half; after the third break we lost a little bit of control,which seemed to coincide with Olise going off.Didnt really get any breaks to snatch a draw.
IMHO

Rafael 5 Poor kicking,might have done better on the 2nd..

The 2nd? The penalty? Standing towards one side and moving as the taker runs up can be a good tactic and has worked quite well for him on other occasions.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Jun 2020 19:03

Notts Royal Thought our best players were the academy grads...Rino, Olise & especially Richards.

Also impressed with our right hand side of Gunter & Meite, who I think put in a real shift both defensively and going forwards.

Our best spell in the 2nd half coincided with the period of greatest tempo...no surprise there!

Real-time looked to me as though their player actually jumped into Moore's challenge so that he went over his leg. Looked more like a penalty in slow motion and from a different angle but Ady Williams watched replays after the game and said to him that it looked extremely soft.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jun 2020 19:16

Just seen that performance so often this season

Bits and pieces were good, we generally matched - maybe outplayed - a side on the edge of the play offs

But then let down by poor defensive play and a lack of quality delivery in the oppo box

I’ve no doubts we could lose 10-12 players from the squad and we’d be exactly the same which is positive in some respects

McCleary pushing for a start and maybe a new contract. Thought he looked handy. Nothing really to add on the rest of them that hasn’t already been said

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jun 2020 19:18

With our goal difference being so much better than the teams at the bottom it’s the equivalent of 8 points off relegation Now with 7 games to go. Had Birmingham not scored a last minute equaliser we would be looking over our shoulder to see what huddlesfield did. Had they won it would 6 points from the drop zone. Just goes to show the fine margins in this game. Strolling to the end of season playing like a team going through the motions of preseason friendlies could have got back in the danger zone before we knew it. However that’s all a moot point now today’s other results confirmed our safety.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jun 2020 20:24

RoyalBlue
Notts Royal Thought our best players were the academy grads...Rino, Olise & especially Richards.

Real-time looked to me as though their player actually jumped into Moore's challenge so that he went over his leg. Looked more like a penalty in slow motion and from a different angle but Ady Williams watched replays after the game and said to him that it looked extremely soft.

Looked a pretty clear pen to me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jun 2020 20:41

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

Looked a pretty clear pen to me.

Yeah and to me. He made the most of it but it was a foul imo

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 27 Jun 2020 20:45

RoyalBlue
Westwood52 Very disappointing.Started poorly then strung together three chances,and looked the real deal in the 2 nd quarter;Meite switches off on their first,and Ref conned for the second.Much better second half; after the third break we lost a little bit of control,which seemed to coincide with Olise going off.Didnt really get any breaks to snatch a draw.
IMHO

Rafael 5 Poor kicking,might have done better on the 2nd..

The 2nd? The penalty? Standing towards one side and moving as the taker runs up can be a good tactic and has worked quite well for him on other occasions.

My mistake.No chance on the penalty.I meant might have done better on the first.I say might.I am no goalie.For once agree with Adie felt the ref was conned on the penalty.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Jun 2020 00:34

Second week in a row Bowen has got the selection and tactics wrong, leaving out Rino last week and our best centre half Morrison this week

The idea of letting Wisdom have the ball could have worked but not to the extent to which he could just run upfield 60 yards without a challenge, inevitably leading to their first goal. You’d have thought we’d have learned our lesson, but not so, in that two minutes later, we back off again and concede again

Can’t help but feel Pele was a huge miss in there today, against a side that play narrowly, he would have been the perfect player to sit in the gap. Becoming increasingly clear that Swift, Ejaria and Olise in the same XI doesn’t always work, taking up similar positions throughout
Feel that conundrum sums our current play style though, too many players wanting the ball to feet, rather than running into space. Makes it predictable to play against, and I think McCleary has been underused this season, however much he’s disappointed in the last few seasons, made a difference today

Thought Richards, Gunter and Rinomhota were the other pick outs for us, with Meite and Swift disappointing. Ejaria looked better today too and should probably have had a goal/assist

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 28 Jun 2020 07:24

Agree with most comments.

The pen was incredibly soft, even in real time. Should’ve gone to the guy earlier in the move, but no one did. The challenge was 50/50, in my opinion.

Ejaria, swift and olise together hasn’t worked up to now. We need a re-think. Is Gomes (Pele) injured?

Olise looked v good though, sharp, wanted to do something with the ball. Ejaria was better than last week, but that’s not hard tbh. Swift needs confidence. When he plays well, the team ticks well.

Will be interested to see what Bowen does against Brentford. We could get pasted, if he doesn’t sort it out.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 28 Jun 2020 08:52

windermereROYAL

Would say so, just a case of playing out the season now. and get the few points we need to be safe.

Is no one worried about relegation?? If Huddersfield win their game in hand we are 4 its off relegation with 7 games to go!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jun 2020 09:06

paddy20
windermereROYAL

Is no one worried about relegation?? If Huddersfield win their game in hand we are 4 its off relegation with 7 games to go!

No we aren’t!