BFI Follow Huddersfield

131 posts
Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

BFI Follow Huddersfield

by Westwood52 » 07 Jul 2020 20:40

Not quite normal service resumed,but close.Despite what Dim said,it wasn’t quite as bad as the Play Off final.At least we created three good chances in the first half and a couple in the second.Huddersfield started the better;but really only had long,horribly placed punts.We then created our opportunities.
IMHO

Rafael 8 MOM If only for getting there first from Swifts underhit back pass.TBF solid all night long.

Osho 7 Far more assured than Saturday.Could easily cover for Yids.
Blackett 7 Assured no problems.
McIntire 5 Hmm, can he really cover a full season as starter CB ?Difficult first half.
Morrison 7 Solid,no alarms.
Rino 6 I always regarded him as being very fit;but struggled to get back a couple of times today.
Gomes 8 Really good.We need him next season.
Swift 6 A real mixed bag.Cannot belief he is Prem quality;at least as a starter.Who knows though might be the making of him.
Obita 4 I think Bowen chickened out playing him ahead of Olise.Sure he is a good crosser of the ball;perhaps the best we have,but he has to offer more than that.Horrible miss with his chance.

Meite 6 Screwed up a good chance, and generally blundered about.
Puscas 7 Did OK.At least the Goalie made a save on his chance.Nice build up play.Suprised he was taken off.

Boye Looked decent !
Macca Knows his days are numbered.
Olise At least he hit the target,late on.Should have started.

Once again Ref did OK.I surprise myself.

Dim Teller excruciating commentary.But if Coote can ref Prem games,maybe Sky will come calling.Looks like jobs for One of the boys getting the Radio Berkshire post.

Old Man Andrews

Re: BFI Follow Huddersfield

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jul 2020 20:42

LOL @ Rafael being MOTM.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jul 2020 20:46

Rafael 7 Always alert.
Osho 7 MoTM Showed his strength and did well
Blackett 6 Solid
McIntyre 6 One or two iffy moments
Morrison 6 Solid
Pele 7 Strong and composed but struggled with Smith-Roe at times
Rinomhota 5 Some poor passing and struggled to assert himself
Swift 6 Often not involved but showed his class at times. Our only creative outlet
Obita 5 Well off the pace. Should have been subbed earlier
Meite 5 Struggled to have any impact
Puscas 6 I thought he battled well and did ok.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jul 2020 20:50

It’s certainly a positive that we had two Academy boys in our back four involved in successive clean sheets. Osho deserves a two year deal.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2020 20:55

Yeah zips ratings are about right

Impressed with Osho. No harm at all in signing him back up. Well done to the lad for fighting to stay when it looked like he was out the door when he trialled at Ipswich

Thought McIntyre looked good as well

As a team we’ve clearly got issues getting good possession in the final third and creating chances. The system works away but it’s not happening at home. Definitely one for Bowen and co to work out for next year

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Jul 2020 21:34

Whoops, I must have dozed off. Is it over yet?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Jul 2020 22:01

This was a test game for Bowen trying new things which is quite wise tbh.

BBCRB harp on about the great midfield of Gomes and Rino. Yeah they tackled well but IMO without Ejaria we are missing that flair and threat of danger and instead just have the boring hard tackling unremarkable midfield.

Huddersfield deserved to win that game.

My big learning point today...OSHO. I counted four brilliant crosses on the first half by him. I’ve said before I liked Parj’s philosophy of just trying to get as many crosses as possible and that’s one stat we beat them on today.

I like Gunter but we saw when he came on his crosses weren’t as good as Osho’s who is definitely a real star for us.

Obita offers little and I’d have rather seen Olise.

Pele is a must keep, he is class.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Jul 2020 22:11

Ending the season with a platform to build on.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 07 Jul 2020 22:23

2 world wars, 1 world cup This was a test game for Bowen trying new things which is quite wise tbh.

BBCRB harp on about the great midfield of Gomes and Rino. Yeah they tackled well but IMO without Ejaria we are missing that flair and threat of danger and instead just have the boring hard tackling unremarkable midfield.

My big learning point today...OSHO. I counted four brilliant crosses on the first half by him. I’ve said before I liked Parj’s philosophy of just trying to get as many crosses as possible and that’s one stat we beat them on today.

I like Gunter but we saw when he came on his crosses weren’t as good as Osho’s who is definitely a real star for us.

Lol weren’t we crying out for a hard working midfield a couple of games back? It’s all about the blend isn’t it

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 07 Jul 2020 22:39

Rafael kept us in the game. Deffo my motm for me and player of the season.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Jul 2020 22:49

2 world wars, 1 world cup This was a test game for Bowen trying new things which is quite wise tbh.

Bollocks. Both teams deserved to lose.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 07 Jul 2020 23:12

Work in progress i guess, the way we play and the current formation seems to suit us away from home, hence our best results all coming on the road. However, our home form has been dreadfull and we always sit back and let the away team dictate the play.
Its time we try a new formation and find a way of taking the game by the scruff of the neck and making the Mad Stad a fortress again. Teams must love it when they get to play here, knowing they're in for an easy afternoon, this has to stop!!

Saying that, we have a solid foundation and i have no objections with Swift, Moore and Puscas leaving and i truly believe we have enough young talent available to cover these departures.

I also believe that Pele is a "must" to try and keep hold of. He is a class act, and we are a much better team with him playing in front of the back four.

I have no idea when the new season will start, but these next few months are going to be a busy time at the club and an important time at the club as its whole existance is on the line during these uncertain times.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2020 23:22

Well that was dull.

Cabral - 6 absolutely fine
Osho - 7 looks a good defender, less sure getting forward
Blackett - 7 decent game
McIntyre - 8 quality but vulnerable to pace in behind
Morrison - 8 solid as usual
Pele - 8 very solid
Rino - 6 not up to usual standards, bit more sloppy and less driving runs
Swift - 5 couple of really nice moments but plenty sloppy and just not in the game enough
Obita - 4 crosses poor or blocked, just didn't look up to it, think I was wrong about him
Meite - 6 work rate but over confident after his 4 goals at the weekend and not much came off
Puscas - 6 rather meh.

Attack was very disjointed and isolated again. It's funny how when a side doesn't just not press and let us run straight through them we struggle.

Can't be arsed with the subs. Disappointed in Olise, his passing has lost its edge.

Have to say, I've been a critic of Ejaria's but my God we look devoid of creativity and ideas without him. He doesn't deliver many goals, but we create more and are more interesting to watch with him in.

Got to get that midfield balance right, 4 mediocre games back from the break from Swift and I'm wondering why he's playing and what he brings again. Before the break he was running the show.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Jul 2020 00:14

Notts Royal

Lol weren’t we crying out for a hard working midfield a couple of games back? It’s all about the blend isn’t it

You haven't quite figured out how the board works. We (or I) will cry out for anything other than what we see if we don't win ;)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Jul 2020 00:15

sandman

Bollocks. Both teams deserved to lose.

True. I still think they were less bad.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 08 Jul 2020 00:49

God that was just painful. It was just a typical post lockdown game. Neither side looked like scoring. These games are important as it will be a short turnaround before the new season starts. So these games are like full on pre season friendlies.

traff

by traff » 08 Jul 2020 07:33

"Dim Teller excruciating commentary"
I think you are being too kind. Has only one agenda which is his own inane opinion.
Was cautioned several times last night for my language and 90% aimed at him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Jul 2020 07:43

traff "Dim Teller excruciating commentary"
I think you are being too kind. Has only one agenda which is his own inane opinion.

You live with a referee?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jul 2020 08:22

traff "Dim Teller excruciating commentary"
lol, check out the alternative.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Jul 2020 08:55

Jackson Corner typical post lockdown game. Neither side looked like scoring.

since lockdown...

1-1
1-2
0-3
5-0

I don't remember a more high scoring period!

I'm just being an arse though I know what you mean. Important games, and kind of like a preseason, good to try various options and asses players.

131 posts