Rumour - Josh Laurent

173 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Josh Laurent

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2020 10:09

I nearly had a Champions League and world cup double when masterfully juggling Reading and England. Sadly lost the WC final on penalties.....to Ireland. Was so angry about that 12 years later in 2016 I voted Brexit just to show them.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 30 Jan 2020 10:14

Has anyone bought Josh Laurent for Reading in Football Manager? Perhaps the club should do this with any player they're looking at, so they can see how things pan out.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2020 11:25

WestYorksRoyal I nearly had a Champions League and world cup double when masterfully juggling Reading and England. Sadly lost the WC final on penalties.....to Ireland. Was so angry about that 12 years later in 2016 I voted Brexit just to show them.

That is impossible. Ireland cannot win the World Cup. Its coded into the game.

I voted against brexit purely so it wouldnt affect visas in the future FM games. It does.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2020 11:27

Pepe the Horseman I was on for a historic quadruple with Reading once. Won the Prem, League Cup and FA Cup, and into the Champ league final. Was 3-0 at HT against Milan and lost 4-3. I didn't sleep that night.

That is truly awful. Horrific. There was one game I remember that had an error where if you won a game on penalties when you clicked continue it would say you lost on penalties. My Celtic file was ruined.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2020 11:28

morganb Has anyone bought Josh Laurent for Reading in Football Manager? Perhaps the club should do this with any player they're looking at, so they can see how things pan out.

He is very likely shit in the game. As are most players in the league below. Think the only real talent this years game is Shandon Baptiste with a tasty PA of 146. Which he rarely will ever fulfill.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2020 12:12

NewCorkSeth
WestYorksRoyal I nearly had a Champions League and world cup double when masterfully juggling Reading and England. Sadly lost the WC final on penalties.....to Ireland. Was so angry about that 12 years later in 2016 I voted Brexit just to show them.

That is impossible. Ireland cannot win the World Cup. Its coded into the game.

I voted against brexit purely so it wouldnt affect visas in the future FM games. It does.

I hoped my vote would ensure that when playing FM, by 2021 or so when I'd got Reading to the PL and developed my global scouting network, it would be easier to buy talented South Americans and Africans. Sadly not so. Seems I was sold a dud.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Jul 2020 16:17

This one could be on the cards apparently.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Jul 2020 16:20

genome This one could be on the cards apparently.

According to whom?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jul 2020 16:28

WestYorksRoyal
genome This one could be on the cards apparently.

According to whom?

Ya boi Courtney Friday.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Jul 2020 16:31

Good move if so. From what I've seen, which admittedly is a single FA Cup match against Liverpool, he seems most akin to Rinomhota. A box to box energetic CM who is decent on the ball.

He's not a replacement for Pele or Swift, both of whom play roles we'll miss.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Jul 2020 16:44

genuinely don't know a lot about him but he fits the kind of profile of who we should be after. Young, hungry and wanting to prove himself. And saving ourselves some cash by him being ooc

Just no 4 year McNulty style contracts please

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 20 Jul 2020 16:50

WestYorksRoyal Good move if so. From what I've seen, which admittedly is a single FA Cup match against Liverpool, he seems most akin to Rinomhota. A box to box energetic CM who is decent on the ball.

Would allow us to move back to the 4-4-2 with WINGERS everyone is craving for! 2 box-to-box midfielders...I bet everyone is very excited!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Jul 2020 16:57

Notts Royal
WestYorksRoyal Good move if so. From what I've seen, which admittedly is a single FA Cup match against Liverpool, he seems most akin to Rinomhota. A box to box energetic CM who is decent on the ball.

Would allow us to move back to the 4-4-2 with WINGERS everyone is craving for! 2 box-to-box midfielders...I bet everyone is very excited!

And mean neither Olise or Ejaria could get in the team.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2020 17:14

Nameless
Notts Royal

And mean neither Olise or Ejaria could get in the team.....

If he's on a par with Rino we could play
- both in a 2 with wingers,
- both in a 3 without a proper DM, but with an AMC like Ejaria or Olise, - one in a 3 with a DM, B2B and AMC with the other giving depth and competition for B2B

DM: ?, ?
B2B: Rinomhota, Laurent
AMC: Ejaria, Olise, Holsgrove

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2020 17:15

Notts Royal

Not everyone. :wink:

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 20 Jul 2020 17:24

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal

Lol I’m not even sure what my favoured formation is. I like the box-to-box midfielders so this could be a good signing.
Having a grumpy day so excuse the sarcasm!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2020 17:28

Notts Royal
Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal

Lol I’m not even sure what my favoured formation is. I like the box-to-box midfielders so this could be a good signing.

I like our current one. Just with different players. Also partial to 3 CBs, wing backs and 2 upfront. Yiadom is good enough for that but cuts inside too much rather than outside and crossing.

You know what, Osho (or forgotten man Araruna) at RB and Yiadom RW could be worth an experiment at some point. Not sure how you'd line up in the middle and upfront though.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 20 Jul 2020 17:46

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal
Snowflake Royal Not everyone. :wink:

I like our current one. Just with different players. Also partial to 3 CBs, wing backs and 2 upfront. Yiadom is good enough for that but cuts inside too much rather than outside and crossing.

You know what, Osho (or forgotten man Araruna) at RB and Yiadom RW could be worth an experiment at some point. Not sure how you'd line up in the middle and upfront though.

A 3-5-2 experiment might be worth a try again?

Defence: McIntyre, Morrison & Moore
Wing-backs: Richards & Yiadom
CMs: Rino & Laurent deeper, Ejaria/Olise AM
Strikers: Joao & Baldock

The big loser out of that formation would likely be Meite who is more effective out wide

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jul 2020 17:57

Notts Royal
Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal

A 3-5-2 experiment might be worth a try again?

Defence: McIntyre, Morrison & Moore
Wing-backs: Richards & Yiadom
CMs: Rino & Laurent deeper, Ejaria/Olise AM
Strikers: Joao & Baldock

The big loser out of that formation would likely be Meite who is more effective out wide

Joao / Baldock
Meite / Puscas

Could work fairly well

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Jul 2020 18:03

Notts Royal

Think 4-4-2 should be a plan B formation if we need a goal. Technically we now have no wingers playing for us now so we'd need to bring 3 in realistically in case we have an injury. None of our current crop who are still under contract next season can't play on the wing.

I'd be happy with Laurent but feel we need 1-2 solid midfielders for this level if Adam leaves as we would look lightweight with all these departures.

173 posts