BFIFOLLOW Swansea

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

BFIFOLLOW Swansea

by Westwood52 » 22 Jul 2020 21:52

Another shambles of a performance.If the Director of Football or the Owners are remotely interested then Mark Bowen and his cohort are gone.Michael Olise a silken thread through a pigs ear.Before I give the ratings,I want someone to tell me how on earth that Ref and Lino get games in the 2nd tier of English football.They weren’t biased just incompetent.Since the lock down TBF we have had three or four good officials;but once again we get these jokers.If you send someone off you need to be 100% convinced and they could not have been.Stupid Meite was for sure,but a direct shove in the face no.If I was the new Manager I would appeal.Despite the score and their final position,Swansea were not all that great.
IMHO

Rafael 4 Really should have saved the first.It was miles out and just to his left.To think I had him down as POS.Hecwas poor all night.
Gunter 5 A second half defensive shambles.Picked him apart as he floundered in Swansea s wake.
Richards 2 Swansea picked him apart.We just cannot rely on him as a starter next season,and I thought his performances were on the turn.
Morrison 3 The third was largely his fault.A bit of a plank really.
Miazga 6 Looked a far better option than Morrison;but you get what you pay for and apparently he is on his way back to a club he will never play for.
Moore 5 A bit indifferent towards the end,but at least he laid one on that twat Ayew.
Rino 6 One of the few to keep,but he is limited in what he can do.
Swift 5 Shows what dire straights we are in,when we have to play someone who is clearly on his way.Strolled through the game,totally disinterested.
Olise 7 Comfortably MOM.I dropped him a couple of points as he should have done better with his chances.
Puskas 7 Yeah he was ok and while he had a thankless task,we might see better from him next season.Showed some good touches.
Meite 1 A plank.It was never a red card,but don’t give the prat’s officiating the opportunity to send you off.I hope he loses a weeks wages for being so reckless.

Boye Should have scored,but took a touch.I think that’s finished him.
Macca High wide and nowhere near his best.
Blackett No chance to impress.

Despite the score line,better than of late,given that we were without four starters .

Old Man Andrews

Re: BFIFOLLOW Swansea

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 21:54

Fcunking shite. End of.

I want Nigel Adkins back.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 22 Jul 2020 21:58

Our defence / attack didn’t look great, but it was all subject to an abject midfield who wouldn’t protect the defence or provide any chances. Swift / Olise / Rino are not as talented as people think they are.

Over and out (drops mic).

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jul 2020 21:59

I can’t be bothered with ratings. Olise MoTM although his finishing is poor. Puscas did well and is improving all the time.
Not much else to add. The ref was as appalling as our home record.

Pessimistic about next season. We have seen a small improvement on last season but it’s not much to write home about.
Bowen will be under pressure when the new season starts. If we have a poor first few games he’s a goner.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jul 2020 22:00

Oh and Swift was awful.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jul 2020 22:02

royalp-we Our defence / attack didn’t look great, but it was all subject to an abject midfield who wouldn’t protect the defence or provide any chances.

So what you're saying is, apart from our defence, midfield and attack, we were quite good?

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 22 Jul 2020 22:02

Nigel Adkins was awful. Pass it around the back for 70 minutes then hoof it upfield. Anyone who wants that back is off their nut.

We've had a lot of managerial turnover, so maybe it would make sense to stand by bowen, but something has got to change. Either we invest in some wingers and start playing the kind of football most of the fans want to see, or we sack off bowen and bring in a more experienced manager.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 22:03

genome
royalp-we Our defence / attack didn’t look great, but it was all subject to an abject midfield who wouldn’t protect the defence or provide any chances.

So what you're saying is, apart from our defence, midfield and attack, we were quite good?

Thought Rafael was shite this evening tbh.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Jul 2020 22:05

Westwood52 Another shambles of a performance.If the Director of Football or the Owners are remotely interested then Mark Bowen and his cohort are gone.Michael Olise a silken thread through a pigs ear.Before I give the ratings,I want someone to tell me how on earth that Ref and Lino get games in the 2nd tier of English football.They weren’t biased just incompetent.Since the lock down TBF we have had three or four good officials;but once again we get these jokers.If you send someone off you need to be 100% convinced and they could not have been.Stupid Meite was for sure,but a direct shove in the face no.If I was the new Manager I would appeal.Despite the score and their final position,Swansea were not all that great.
IMHO

Rafael 4 Really should have saved the first.It was miles out and just to his left.To think I had him down as POS.Hecwas poor all night.

Very harsh on Rafael. He made some good saves during the game. As for the first goal, if you're going to hammer him for that (and it was a great strike where the ball definitely moved quite a bit) then you also need to take a couple off Rino. Rather than closing down Brewster he pretty much pulled up a chair and sat down to enjoy the quality of the strike!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Jul 2020 22:07

JimmytheJim Nigel Adkins was awful. Pass it around the back for 70 minutes then hoof it upfield. Anyone who wants that back is off their nut.

We've had a lot of managerial turnover, so maybe it would make sense to stand by bowen, but something has got to change. Either we invest in some wingers and start playing the kind of football most of the fans want to see, or we sack off bowen and bring in a more experienced manager.

Would you keep piling time and money into what was clearly a lemon car? Sometimes it's better to cut your losses, even if it means paying for yet another car! I think that time may have come with Bowen. I agree about changing style but he seems to be a very one trick pony.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Jul 2020 22:09

Just a oxf*rd shambles of a club. We will be next season’s Hull. One home win in thirteen. Season ticket? The players can’t be arsed then why should I.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jul 2020 22:10

Old Man Andrews Fcunking shite. End of.

What happened to Ainsworth?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jul 2020 22:13

Jackson Corner Just a oxf*rd shambles of a club. We will be next season’s Hull. One home win in thirteen. Season ticket? The players can’t be arsed then why should I.

One home win in 14

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jul 2020 22:13

Bowen saying that between 10 and 12 players leaving perhaps as early as tomorrow

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jul 2020 22:13

windermereROYAL
Old Man Andrews Fcunking shite. End of.

What happened to Ainsworth?

Think he is a bit out of our league now plus Adkins is out of work and free of compensation.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jul 2020 22:15

^ think that includes loan players btw

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jul 2020 22:16

Love to know who made the decision to extend Bowen`s contract, FFS all we needed to do was give him till the end of the season. clubs run by fools.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jul 2020 22:17

Can't be bothered to comment on the game. But congratulations to Swansea. I don't like them and we gifted them 4 goals but the table doesn't lie. Deserved to finish 6th.

As for us. The sooner we have a clear out the better. This summer there needs to be a change in scouting strategy. Do the owners actually have a plan for how the club want to play? to me, they seem to throw cash at it and hope for the best. Until they change their approach or they sell to someone who has a bit of an idea how to run a football club then we'll always be a shambles I am afraid.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Jul 2020 22:19

Westwood52 Another shambles of a performance.If the Director of Football or the Owners are remotely interested then Mark Bowen and his cohort are gone.Michael Olise a silken thread through a pigs ear.Before I give the ratings,I want someone to tell me how on earth that Ref and Lino get games in the 2nd tier of English football.They weren’t biased just incompetent.Since the lock down TBF we have had three or four good officials;but once again we get these jokers.If you send someone off you need to be 100% convinced and they could not have been.Stupid Meite was for sure,but a direct shove in the face no.If I was the new Manager I would appeal.Despite the score and their final position,Swansea were not all that great.
IMHO

Gunter 5 A second half defensive shambles.Picked him apart as he floundered in Swansea s wake.
Richards 2 Swansea picked him apart.We just cannot rely on him as a starter next season,and I thought his performances were on the turn.
Morrison 3 The third was largely his fault.A bit of a plank really.
Miazga 6 Looked a far better option than Morrison;but you get what you pay for and apparently he is on his way back to a club he will never play for.
Moore 5 A bit indifferent towards the end,but at least he laid one on that twat Ayew.
Swift 5 Shows what dire straights we are in,when we have to play someone who is clearly on his way.Strolled through the game,totally disinterested.
Olise 7 Comfortably MOM.I dropped him a couple of points as he should have done better with his chances.
Puskas 7 Yeah he was ok and while he had a thankless task,we might see better from him next season.Showed some good touches.
Meite 1 A plank.It was never a red card,but don’t give the prat’s officiating the opportunity to send you off.I hope he loses a weeks wages for being so reckless.

Boye Should have scored,but took a touch.I think that’s finished him.
Macca High wide and nowhere near his best.
Blackett No chance to impress.

Despite the score line,better than of late,given that we were without four starters .

How on earth did Rafael win POS? Meite should have got it. He's won us far more points than Rafael ever has. I don't think Rafael even won us many games if I am honest.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jul 2020 22:21

Keep wondering what Nigel Pearson's stock is like at the minute. Definitely take him if it was possible.