Squad for 2020/21

1016 posts
linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Squad for 2020/21

by linkenholtroyal » 16 Aug 2020 00:31

PistolPete
linkenholtroyal Another really good free agent gone Chey Dunkley to Sheff Weds. would have loved him in our squad

Wigan started winning when he got injured! Not sure he's better than Moore, McIntyre, Morrison...

Would have added more depth. He is a like for like for Morrison old school throw your body on the line centre back. Unless Holmes is like that.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Aug 2020 05:53

Lower West
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews Joao, Puscas are abroad and Ejaria isn't our player. Why would Ejaria turn up to somewhere he doesn't work?

This question seems pertinent now. Why was he there? The footage Rafael put up shows it is definitely Ovie.

Perhaps still lives locally and is keeping his fitness levels up. As Liverpool haven't recalled him. On the transfer list.

Possible but would be surprised from an insurance standpoint alone that either club would let him train here if a deal was unlikely.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 16 Aug 2020 08:46

linkenholtroyal
PistolPete
linkenholtroyal Another really good free agent gone Chey Dunkley to Sheff Weds. would have loved him in our squad

Wigan started winning when he got injured! Not sure he's better than Moore, McIntyre, Morrison...

Would have added more depth. He is a like for like for Morrison old school throw your body on the line centre back. Unless Holmes is like that.

Thought Wednesday had to be even more careful about finances than us ?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Aug 2020 09:19

Westwood52
linkenholtroyal
PistolPete

They have already been punished, they can do as they please. They aren't poor like us.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Aug 2020 09:29

Old Man Andrews
Westwood52
linkenholtroyal Would have added more depth. He is a like for like for Morrison old school throw your body on the line centre back. Unless Holmes is like that.

They have already been punished, they can do as they please. They aren't poor like us.

They were punished for for a FFP breach 2 years ago. Doesn’t affect their FFP position now....
Suspect we have access to considerably more funds than they do but we may be closer to FFP breach currently.
In any case surely they will only be doing the same as us and replacing players they have released, a Wigan player would probably find Sheffield quite attractive, no need to move house etc.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Aug 2020 10:23

linkenholtroyal
PistolPete

I wouldn’t say Holmes was that sort of player, but I would say McIntyre was. Keeps getting himself injured by making blocks that nobody ever should. Sure he’s good on the all but so was John Terry.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 16 Aug 2020 11:04

SCIAG
linkenholtroyal
PistolPete

I wouldn’t say Holmes was that sort of player, but I would say McIntyre was. Keeps getting himself injured by making blocks that nobody ever should. Sure he’s good on the all but so was John Terry.

I get the feeling Mcintyre will be amazing on his day but also I get the feeling he will be a bit glass, Moore who knows sometimes plays an absolute blinder other times looks like his head has been turned, Morrison is dependable but also he is 32 he has done well not to pick up an injury all season. Holmes is a talent apparently I don't know. I think an Oshea style signing would do someone on a free who is seasoned and could do the 5 or 6 games if called upon and be good round Holmes and Mcintyre to help bring them through.

Our forwards are more than covered.
CM there are options everyone has there vie on what type we need but i Think one of a DCM/Box to box or ACM should cover us.
Defence and wide players are our issue or we will be picked apart by teams that play wide we currently have 1 regognised LB, 1 recognised RB and only Meite who can really play wide.

but still we are picking through the free transfers and as we all see the good ones are going quickly.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Aug 2020 11:48

Both McIntyre and Holmes have had lots of injuries, McIntyre got a big head injury on his debut and Holmes got something similar while in Belgium. They also both missed long periods whilst in the Academy. Whether that has any bearing 8n their likelihood to get injured in the future who knows, they are both bigger and stronger now.

On O’Shea style signing seems a bit pointless when we already have O’Shea at the club!

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 16 Aug 2020 14:31

Nameless Both McIntyre and Holmes have had lots of injuries, McIntyre got a big head injury on his debut and Holmes got something similar while in Belgium. They also both missed long periods whilst in the Academy. Whether that has any bearing 8n their likelihood to get injured in the future who knows, they are both bigger and stronger now.

On O’Shea style signing seems a bit pointless when we already have O’Shea at the club!

Ashley Williams or Alex Pearce (Judas) would do or someone similar was what I was thinking a player that would take a 1 yr contract on not a lot to see out there career whilst we develop the other 2 and make them less accident prone.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Aug 2020 14:40

linkenholtroyal
Nameless Both McIntyre and Holmes have had lots of injuries, McIntyre got a big head injury on his debut and Holmes got something similar while in Belgium. They also both missed long periods whilst in the Academy. Whether that has any bearing 8n their likelihood to get injured in the future who knows, they are both bigger and stronger now.

Ashley Williams or Alex Pearce (Judas) would do or someone similar was what I was thinking a player that would take a 1 yr contract on not a lot to see out there career whilst we develop the other 2 and make them less accident prone.

Like Morrison?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Aug 2020 14:42

linkenholtroyal

Don’t think you’ll get experienced former international taking ‘not a lot’ !
Tom Mc needs to play, no need to block his path with an old pro but agree we might be one light in terms of central defenders,

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Aug 2020 14:50

Am I reading too much into the Morrison interview in that it seems like the club are prepping him as next captain should Moore leave?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 16 Aug 2020 15:33

Nameless
linkenholtroyal

Don’t think you’ll get experienced former international taking ‘not a lot’ !
Tom Mc needs to play, no need to block his path with an old pro but agree we might be one light in terms of central defenders,

So you think in the current climate a team is going to come in for either of those with a massive contract. I think it will be there last offer and last chance of making a few quid before retirement. Both would be between 5 and 10k a week with no transfer fee. And for the other note they are Morrison style signings, but I expect Morrison to play 30+ games this season his fitness seems top draw. For the 2 I suggested maybe 10 at best and be good behind the scenes.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Aug 2020 18:15

NewCorkSeth Am I reading too much into the Morrison interview in that it seems like the club are prepping him as next captain should Moore leave?

He was captain at Brum so would be no surprise if so, even in last year of his contract.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Aug 2020 18:38

NewCorkSeth Am I reading too much into the Morrison interview in that it seems like the club are prepping him as next captain should Moore leave?

A valuable member of the squad whatever his title.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Aug 2020 20:14

Moore has a massive issue with his shoulder. Missed several games last season and the season before because it's fragile and needs surgery.
I think it's come to a head now and he may not be a good signing for anyone until it's fixed!!!!! He can't keep playing with it and putting the surgery off.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Aug 2020 20:37

He's the obvious choice.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 16 Aug 2020 21:12

I know it's from Twitter but ...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JBlackJourno ... 3670745088

Reading are keen on crewe defender Harry Pickering.

Wikipedia says he is a 21 year old left back.

(Didn't think it was worth a rumour thread yet)

royal67

by royal67 » 17 Aug 2020 09:13

morganb I know it's from Twitter but ...

Anything to do with the infamous Ronnie Pickering...? If so he may have anger managemnt issues......

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Aug 2020 11:53

morganb I know it's from Twitter but ...

I don’t know much about the Crewe team but they seem to have some young talent on there books. Apparently other championship clubs are looking at Wintle, Pickering, Ng etc. I have heard gd things about Wintle aswell especially maybe we should be looking at the pair.

1016 posts