12%
Ian Royal
9%

Total votes: 148
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Veljko Paunović - Whelmgauge

by Nameless » 08 Sep 2020 07:52

Old Man Andrews Paunović out of quarantine today, hopefully we hear from him and get an idea on any potential incomings.

Surely we get that sort of info from Eddie, depending on what Kia has lined up...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Sep 2020 07:54

Nameless
Old Man Andrews Paunović out of quarantine today, hopefully we hear from him and get an idea on any potential incomings.

Surely we get that sort of info from Eddie, depending on what Kia has lined up...

Eddie is the unofficial mouthpiece of the management yes.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Sep 2020 08:02

Old Man Andrews
Nameless

Plenty of time on his hands now he’s no longer doing the coaching.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Sep 2020 08:06

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

Oh I thought you meant ITK Eddie from Twitter.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Sep 2020 08:16

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews Eddie is the unofficial mouthpiece of the management yes.

Oh I thought you meant ITK Eddie from Twitter.

Same person

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 Sep 2020 10:02

Old Man Andrews Why do we need to hear anything from the new manager? I would much rather he was working with the players than talking to a bunch of idiotic supporters.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Sep 2020 10:12

SouthDownsRoyal

Old Man Andrews Why do we need to hear anything from the new manager? I would much rather he was working with the players than talking to a bunch of idiotic supporters.

That was when he first took over, thicko. He has been at the club enough time now to give us his views on the squad and aims going forward.

Idiot.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2020 12:36

I remember the good old days when OMA was barely tolerable and a bit thick, with the exceptionally rare good post.

That was a good 5 days.

Oh well, if he needs to be an obnoxious troll to get through life I guess we should feel sorry for him

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Sep 2020 12:42

Snowflake Royal I remember the good old days when OMA was barely tolerable and a bit thick, with the exceptionally rare good post.

That was a good 5 days.

Oh well, if he needs to be an obnoxious troll to get through life I guess we should feel sorry for him

Ian, you don't support the team anymore, you're done with it. Stay off the team board, nobody likes you.

That and the fact you aren't clever enough to read my reply to him and realise I am right. Get a girlfriend or a driving licence, do something with what you have left of your life.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 08 Sep 2020 16:49

Esteban
3points
Nameless
I think that was common knowledge, same with the ground.
But technically the club don’t still own either. Dai Yongge owns both but both now sit outside the RFC web of companies. Effectively there is still a strong link and it’s certainly better than if we had sold either to a totally separate entity.
I’m not sure it was a ‘ruse’ , that suggests something sneaky or underhand when they were both done openly. There is nothing unusual in a club not owning it’s own ground. There are Premiership clubs who don’t own there ground and I believe in Europe it’s actually very common for clubs to not own their ground.

yes, you're correct. My phrasing could have been better. What I meant is that the ground is still under the control of the owner, not some third party property developer for example. So, if he decides to sell the club and a new owner wants the ground as well as part of the transaction then it is totally within Mr Dai's control to make that happen.

In terms of ruse, what I was saying is that it was only done because the FFP rules made us take those actions. In reality, everyone knows it is a way to get around the rules that are set in stone. Any good lawyer and advisor will be telling Mr Dai how to bend but not break the rules and, at the moment, the sale of the stadium (let's not forget he's done it twice now, firstly for £27m and then a second go in last season's accounts for a further £11m iirc). I know the EFL was fine with the original transaction, but the second one was one of the reasons we had a soft transfer embargo last summer I believe, until the EFL ratified the transaction.

At the risk of asking a very stupid question, how did he mange to sell the stadium twice?

that's why the EFL needed to review it and we seemingly got drawn back into "Reading sold their stadium" debate alongside Derby and Sheff Weds. Sold it too cheaply first time; probably got a new valuation saying it was worth more. But not 100% sure

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Sep 2020 16:55

Not sure how this affects the whelm:

We are pleased to confirm that Quinton Fortune and Nuno Gomes have both put pen to paper to sign coaching contracts with the Royals.

The duo arrive as part of our new manager’s first team staff and joined Veljko Paunović on the training pitch for the first time this morning.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2020/s ... yals-ranks

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Sep 2020 17:08

morganb Not sure how this affects the whelm:

We are pleased to confirm that Quinton Fortune and Nuno Gomes have both put pen to paper to sign coaching contracts with the Royals.

The duo arrive as part of our new manager’s first team staff and joined Veljko Paunović on the training pitch for the first time this morning.

I am suddenly overwhelmed!

Seriously whatever we feel about the way the club has handled things regarding Bowen it is not the new manager or coach's fault so I wish them all the best for the season ahead. A good win at derby will make us all feel better .

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2020 17:27

andrew1957

Seriously whatever we feel about the way the club has handled things regarding Bowen it is not the new manager or coach's fault so I wish them all the best for the season ahead. A good win at derby will make us all feel better .

Certainly true.

Be interesting to see what happens to Eddie N and JoS and whether they're retained or quietly shoved out without any real thanks after their replacements have already been brought in.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Sep 2020 17:34

Gilksey etc?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Sep 2020 17:37

AthleticoSpizz Gilksey?

He's not first team, he runs the Academy
I thought it had already been announced that Niedzwicki would be leaving, not surprising seeing he was a Bowen man. O'Shea is a club man, hard to see why he would go. Seems very impressive

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2020 17:48

Nameless
AthleticoSpizz Gilksey?

He's not first team, he runs the Academy
I thought it had already been announced that Niedzwicki would be leaving, not surprising seeing he was a Bowen man. O'Shea is a club man, hard to see why he would go. Seems very impressive

Only saw someone referencing twitter rumours on here for EN

There's absolutely nothing on the OS about him leaving.

I see they've managed the news feed in such a way to make it look like they announced Bowen was going before they announced the new guy though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2020 19:17

Interview with old Velcro up on the youtubes.

Not exactly Jose Gomes in the silky communication stakes, but came across as genuinely quite excited at being at such an old club, which is sweet. Enthusiastic about the town and job. Some of the usual cliches as you'd expect.

Seems a bit quiet and understated for a leader. Very laid back communication style. Someone I'd probably enjoy having a quiet pint with.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Sep 2020 19:19

So, you’re warming to him and aren’t quite so “done” then?

:)

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Sep 2020 19:30

There's even a photo of him holding a scarf doing the rounds:

https://twitter.com/RFCLatest/status/13 ... 02726?s=20

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Sep 2020 19:32

Snowflake Royal
andrew1957

Certainly true.

Be interesting to see what happens to Eddie N and JoS and whether they're retained or quietly shoved out without any real thanks after their replacements have already been brought in.

Eddie N had decided to go at least a few days ago, he reluctantly took charge on Saturday. O'Shea is staying I believe, which is good news IMO.

242 posts