BFT Watford

158 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFT Watford

by Millsy » 03 Oct 2020 19:13

Super_horns
We did start well but your tactical change was the key.

You mean bringing another CB on and playing him in midfield?

I have to say I was a bit confused at that and thought it wouldn't work but that's why I'm a random fan and Pauno is a manager.

I'd love to believe Pauno is some tactical genius.

Do you see any similarities between Jokanovic and Pauno or is it just wishful thinking ?

Good side btw, good luck for rest of the season although I don't think you'll need much luck.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2020 19:17

Super_horns
Snowflake Royal Good to hear from you horns. Comfortably the best side we've played so far.

Deeney and Murray to come in is a bit frightening in the Championship. :shock:

if fully fit and motivated they should be good and physically add a lot to our team.

I mean we still have Danny Welbeck, Capoue and Deulofeu hanging around but doubt they will play for us again although the latter is actually injured so not sure what will happen to him.

Trust us to have 2 solid Championship players in Hughes and Andre Gray (even if he was pretty poor in the Premier league for us) injured too.

You do have a stack of injuries. Deeney will make a difference as will Hughes and Gray. Not convinced by Murray though. He’s really slow now and think he will struggle at this level now.
Fully expect you to be top six at the end of the season. Not sure there is an outstanding team this time around.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2020 19:23

I loved Puscas’s clenched fists when he won a throw in with a minute to go. Little victories.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 Oct 2020 19:28

I must admit I was worried about Holmes in the first half, Watford had clearly done their homework And were looking to stretch play and he was getting caught out of position whilst not managing to stop many Watford crosses on that side. But credit to him, really battled and ran himself knackered today.

I know Araruna is out for 4 to 6 weeks, but how long is Yiadom out for?
Last edited by royalp-we on 03 Oct 2020 19:31, edited 2 times in total.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 03 Oct 2020 19:29

Millsy
Super_horns
We did start well but your tactical change was the key.

You mean bringing another CB on and playing him in midfield?

I have to say I was a bit confused at that and thought it wouldn't work but that's why I'm a random fan and Pauno is a manager.

I'd love to believe Pauno is some tactical genius.

Do you see any similarities between Jokanovic and Pauno or is it just wishful thinking ?

ck.

They mentioned something on our live coverage then your manager made a comment after the match on the BBC site - guess that was it.

Jokanovic did make a few good tactical changes and took players off before half time as well so was brave to risk it and make bold decisions.

Our manager is Serbian too and quite highly rated - maybe there is a theme!

Think we just needed to take the chance when it came and get into the box more - someone like Deeney would have been a threat.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Oct 2020 19:31

Am very much liking this positivity....typically we cannot watch nor cash-in on it...typical Reading :wink:

Seems as if our owners have finally made some right calls (Pauno), £7.5m can be easily forgotten, but it seems like we had a new signing already here.
Liking the cut of Paunos’ jib too....comes across really well....seems to have the team on his side.....arguably, something that his pre-decessors couldn’t master?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2020 19:34

Enough of all of this positivity. We have lost seven on the bounce to Middlesbrough.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Oct 2020 19:35

Yeah...Pauno OUT, AND I MEAN NOWEE.

Suck a Cuban

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Oct 2020 19:37

Just seen the highlights, it`s absolute nonsense to suggest Holmes assist was a scuffed shot.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2020 19:38

AthleticoSpizz Yeah...Pauno OUT, AND I MEAN NOWEE.

Suck a Cuban

Need to sign Gary Alexander, you know it makes senseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Oct 2020 19:39

Zip I loved Puscas’s clenched fists when he won a throw in with a minute to go. Little victories.

This.

We talk about Laurent, Rino, João, systems etc and that's all good but as far as I'm concerned it's the little victories that are key. Every moment of every game from every player it seems this season has been about getting the little victories for our boys.

Love it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Oct 2020 19:40

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz Yeah...Pauno OUT, AND I MEAN NOWEE.

Suck a Cuban

Need to sign Gary Alexander, you know it makes senseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:lol:

Sack the Padre...he’ll never get us anywhereeeeeeeeeeeee

JR

by JR » 03 Oct 2020 19:54

Zip I loved Puscas’s clenched fists when he won a throw in with a minute to go. Little victories.

Yes, this was great. Shows the spirit

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 03 Oct 2020 19:55

Have to say, I thought letting Obita go was the wrong call. Richards has made me look a complete idiot so far. Probably our best player over the 4 games this season. Long may it continue!

alfie9

by alfie9 » 03 Oct 2020 19:57

Epic performance.

Rafael 7- Not really tested but solid as always. You could tell on the broadcast how vocal he is in organizing his defense.
Holmes 7- Still not a right back but hasn’t looked out of place this season.
Morrison 8- When Morro is out there I actually feel confident that we can protect a lead. What a guy.
Moore 7- Despite the one gaffe trying to pass it out from the back he continues to look like peak Liam from 2016-17. Really pleased that we’ve not sold him and that he’s getting his form back, proper captain material.
Richards 7- Didn’t offer as much going forward today, but he shut down Watford’s right flank.
Rino 9- He just keeps getting better. Future Prem player with or without us.
Laurent 7- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the fitness of Laurent and Rino makes or breaks our season. It all starts with these two in transition, breaking up opposition attacks and dictating the tempo of the game.
Méïté 7- Won just about every ball lobbed at the right wing, full of energy, drives us forward.
Aluko 8- Earned his place in the squad today. Some lovely set pieces that could’ve easily gone in, throwing himself at loose balls. Aluko redemption arc... we always knew he was talented, hopefully he will remain confident and be a force off the bench.
Olise 7- Quieter game from him but a great first half.
Puscas 7- Works extremely hard up front despite having lost his place in the starting lineup. Very impressed and happy to see him score.

TMac 7- Didn’t look out of place in midfield, a few stray passes but some impressive tackles. If he goes and loan and that’s the last we see of Tom this season, he’ll be able to say he played his part in our success. Rose to the occasion.
Tetek- N/A, congrats on the debut!

Paunović 10- It’s not a coincidence. Another perfect team selection (in the circumstances), flawless subs again, has Aluko playing like 16-17 Fulham Aluko, seems to have restored Moore’s confidence, and morale is through the roof. Within a month he seems to have restored the never say die attitude that made me obsessed with this football club back in the McDermott era.

Pretty ironic that after all these years of the Dai’s going for broke, we are going to have our best shot at promotion having likely spent 0£ on transfer fees.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 03 Oct 2020 19:59

12 points down 34 to go.......
That was an impressive performance I will probably jinx it now but if we can beat Colin the next few should be a formality until Blackburn they have been really solid this season.

How nice would it be to be safe by Xmas and be looking up to where we could finish rather than down.

Fingers crossed, get a couple of players back fit in the next 2 weeks and go again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Oct 2020 20:04

We'll probably beat Middlesbrough and then draw or lose to Wycombe. :lol:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Oct 2020 20:04

Simmops it is quite funny still after 1 good performance everybody is sucking off aluko, after 2 years of every single poster constantly saying how shite he is and a waste of money and space and he is the worst player ever

Such obvious trolling

He has performed well every minutes this season

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 03 Oct 2020 20:08

Snowball
Simmops it is quite funny still after 1 good performance everybody is sucking off aluko, after 2 years of every single poster constantly saying how shite he is and a waste of money and space and he is the worst player ever

Such obvious trolling

He has performed well every minutes this season

Agreed and I have been one who has said he should be gone. Something has changed mentally to make him want to play again.
It is a team change though something has mentally focused them and long may it continue.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Oct 2020 20:36

Super_horns
Lower West
Singing Defective
The atmosphere after the game was pretty motivating, if you ‘do’ Instagram. Pauno will never be picked for Strictly unless he changes dancing style, though.

Wasn't the Watford manager a total contrast during the game. Looked withdrawn and detached.

He does seem to be a quite and reserved type of guy....how long will he last!?

Cannot complain really about the result given after that opening 20 minutes you handled us fairly well and had a lot more efforts on target.

Good luck for the season and well maybe we'll see you at the Vic!?

Do you think that the constant turnover of managers is finally having it's toll ? Over the years always enjoyed watching Watford as games were rarely dull.

158 posts