Rumour - Tomás Esteves

143 posts
hughsies no.1

Re: Rumour - Tomás Esteves

by hughsies no.1 » 06 Oct 2020 10:55

A lot of people excited about this move which is good - admittedly have never heard of him but offers good competition at full back.

Yiadom has played LB for us in the past before so he can cover there if needed and Esteves gets that RB place nailed.

Still desperate for a back up hold-up striker imo and a winger too. Jota or Welbeck both on free transfers could fit the bill perhaps (big wages though) but both would demand starting places and not want to play second fiddle.

In terms of other business, excited about Semedo as I rated him whenever I saw him play on Sky for Forest. Not sure how much game-time Gibson will get and Ejaria was solid business at that price (can't see him sticking around for long tbh so will make a solid profit on him).

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Oct 2020 11:00

hughsies no.1 Yiadom has played LB for us in the past before so he can cover there if needed and Esteves gets that RB place nailed.

Would be very harsh on Richards, who has been ace

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2020 11:03

Old Man Andrews Or he will just be on the bench as it takes time to adjust to English football.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Probably a better idea to play an actual RB though

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Oct 2020 11:04

Tom Holmes suits a Warnock team tbh. Keep him in and move Esteves in for the game after

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 06 Oct 2020 11:33

Hound Tom Holmes suits a Warnock team tbh. Keep him in and move Esteves in for the game after

Would be extremely harsh to drop Holmes for the next game - especially as he was in the Championship team of the week. And Esteves is away playing international games and so won't even be able to train with the squad much if at all before the Boro game. Holmes should have the shirt for now. However, I fear one bad game by him and Esteves will be given the RB slot.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Oct 2020 11:48

Tbf Esteves looks class. Shouldn’t see Holmes as being ‘dropped’ for him after a bad game. He is and was always an imperfect short term solution

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2020 11:51

Hound Tom Holmes suits a Warnock team tbh. Keep him in and move Esteves in for the game after

Possibly but then it’d make it harder to make the change if Holmes started against Boro and played well again

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 06 Oct 2020 11:52

Hound Tbf Esteves looks class. Shouldn’t see Holmes as being ‘dropped’ for him after a bad game. He is and was always an imperfect short term solution

So would you bring him in next game been if he has been here for just 1 or 2 days? If Holmes continues to perform well I don't see why we should drop him. Never change a winning team IMO.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Oct 2020 11:52

Old Man Andrews Or he will just be on the bench as it takes time to adjust to English football.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nothing like adjusting to the game.... by watching it and not playing. Did you learn that on throughout all your Sunday league playing days?

Another cracker from you. Keep em coming, its entertaining.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 Oct 2020 11:55

andrew1957

Would be extremely harsh to drop Holmes for the next game - especially as he was in the Championship team of the week. And Esteves is away playing international games and so won't even be able to train with the squad much if at all before the Boro game. Holmes should have the shirt for now. However, I fear one bad game by him and Esteves will be given the RB slot.

I suspect Esteves will need to wait a week or so, but he looks Premiership class
and barring injury, ought to make the position his own very quickly

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Oct 2020 11:57

andrew1957
Hound Tbf Esteves looks class. Shouldn’t see Holmes as being ‘dropped’ for him after a bad game. He is and was always an imperfect short term solution

So would you bring him in next game been if he has been here for just 1 or 2 days? If Holmes continues to perform well I don't see why we should drop him. Never change a winning team IMO.

No, because I wouldnt bring him in for Boro. He'd have been here a week by the next game

Holmes was adequate against Watford, no more really.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Oct 2020 11:58

CountryRoyal

Nothing like adjusting to the game.... by watching it and not playing. Did you learn that on throughout all your Sunday league playing days?

You introduce the player slowly and let them adjust, you don't start them away at Middlesbrough with minimal time to train with the team before hand. You're a thick, know nothing waste of time.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Oct 2020 11:59

Old Man Andrews
CountryRoyal

You introduce the player slowly and let them adjust, you don't start them away at Middlesbrough with minimal time to train with the team before hand. You're a thick, know nothing waste of time.

You're top value. :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Oct 2020 13:01

CountryRoyal
genome Golden Boy nominated so I'm looking forward to this one. Reckon he will get in the team ahead of Yiadom though?

Judging by the looks of him when Yiadom is back he could play further up as a winger. Good options regardless.

He might turn out to be better than Yiadom :shock: :?

And he’s likely to have a couple of months to prove it as well.

Let’s hope he doesn’t get injured....

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 06 Oct 2020 13:26

Why do so many people trot out these cliched 'rules'? Never change a winning team being one of them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Oct 2020 13:52

PistolPete Why do so many people trot out these cliched 'rules'? Never change a winning team being one of them.

yep it is just a cliche really from a bygone era. Joao is first name on the teamsheet tbh, so I'd certainly change the side to bring him straight back in.

And Holmes certainly isnt a right back

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 06 Oct 2020 14:19

Hound
andrew1957

No, because I wouldnt bring him in for Boro. He'd have been here a week by the next game

Bit harsh. Clean sheet, selected in the team of the week and assisted the winning goal. You do have high expectations!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2020 14:37

andrew1957
Hound
andrew1957

Bit harsh. Clean sheet, selected in the team of the week and assisted the winning goal. You do have high expectations!

He was OK but naturally looked out of position on numerous occasions and other than the goal, looked a bit awkward on the ball

He's a good stop gap to have there, and usually I go with the theory not to change a winning team, but makes more sense IMO to play someone who's a natural there

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Oct 2020 14:42

Hound
PistolPete Why do so many people trot out these cliched 'rules'? Never change a winning team being one of them.

yep it is just a cliche really from a bygone era. Joao is first name on the teamsheet tbh, so I'd certainly change the side to bring him straight back in.

Maybe so but most cliches have a basis in fact

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Oct 2020 15:03

bcubed
Hound

Maybe so but most cliches have a basis in fact

Yes they do but there has to be perspective and context.

For example,if Barcelona won a game without Messi playing would you leave him out if available for the next game just because they had beaten say Alaves ?
This is where the best managers earn their megabucks, by taking decisions, and I suspect that if Ejaria is fit for our next game he would probably be selected ahead of Aluko.

On the other hand Pauno might believe strongly in not changing a winning team unless necessary through injury or suspension.
We will see but at least Aluko has at long last shown that he is worthy of consideration.

143 posts