Best/Worst Pundit

562 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Best/Worst Pundit

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Sep 2020 18:46

Jinx Can't believe Sky have got rid of Le Tissier and Nicholas but kept Merson! The bloke can barely speak English

The panel is too multicultural for you yeah?

Jinx

by Jinx » 14 Sep 2020 09:54

Old Man Andrews
Jinx Can't believe Sky have got rid of Le Tissier and Nicholas but kept Merson! The bloke can barely speak English

The panel is too multicultural for you yeah?

Yes that's exactly what I said - look at all the references to culture and race in my post, silly me!

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 14 Sep 2020 10:44

Sutekh Jimmy Armfield

Sadly missed. If heaven has a radio, he'll be turning in his grave (not sure that works lol, but you get the gist).

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Oct 2020 13:53

It's not clear yet who will eventually be the pundits in the studio for Sky's Soccer Saturday.
Last week hopefully was not a signal for what is to come with those two illiterates, Merson and Sherwood at the forefront.
Previously Tony Pulis has made a couple of appearances and has been as boring as fcuk.

Tommo, Le Tiss and Charlie Nicholas were fine IMHO and if Merson and Sherwood are the future then I won't bother-obviously I don't see these blokes anyway more than a few times in a regular season but this and last are not regular seasons.

Also co-commentators Jenas and Carragher are just dull.

One other that I can't stand on radio is Trevor Sinclair.
He tries to use big words or sayings that he just gets wrong.
Last week in trying to convey "of that ilk" he came out with "of that elk".

Trevor, the modern day Colemanballs replacement-Coleman only made his errors over a very long period of time and was on air so often that they were bound to happen.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Oct 2020 13:56

Clinton Morisson is always good value. Depends what you want from Soccer Saturday really. I stopped watching it for 'the bantz' around the same time I stopped watching Soccer AM, i.e. forever ago. I'm all for a bit more dull and forensic analysis. Certainly never watched it for Le Tissier's high-pitched 'goal!' or Thompson pretending not to notice the Liverpool score.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Oct 2020 14:09

I don't normally take much notice of pundits etc but I would like to say that I like Micah Richards.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Oct 2020 12:48

It is easier for me to identify the ones I can't stand, I am pretty much in favour of the vast majority or just don't care either way. Patrice Evra is particularly annoying and overly dramatic and Jamie Redknapp is just a complete dullard.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 07 Oct 2020 12:54

Peter Brackley with Theo Foley on the co comms.

RIP in Peace.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Oct 2020 23:48

Simmops Colin Murray on Quest is the best

:shock:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 Oct 2020 07:49

SouthDownsRoyal
Simmops Colin Murray on Quest is the best

:shock:

:evil:

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 26 Jan 2021 10:45

I opened the fridge door this morning and Micah Richards was in there. The only thing I haven't seen him on is Babestation.

He's the go-to pundit on both Sky and BBC, but does he actually have anything interesting to say ?!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Jan 2021 12:27

unpopular opinion - I really like Micah Richards, not sure if its for the punditry though. His laughs really makes me smile.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Jan 2021 12:29

Winston Biscuit unpopular opinion - I really like Micah Richards, not sure if its for the punditry though. His laughs really makes me smile.

He's had some good moments with Roy Keane recently as well, which has been quite amusing.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 06 Feb 2021 23:31

Dion Dublin is a bit dim

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Feb 2021 13:04

BR0B0T Dion Dublin is a bit dim

It's on the BBC Football homepage now..."when you get a proper number 9"...

Totally dismissing the season before when Martial(23), Rashford(22) and Mason(17)

...scored 62 goals between them without Bruno and Pogba for half the season.

This pcunt gets paid for this btw!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Feb 2021 16:02

Another likely unpopular opinion - over the past year I have really enjoyed listening to Max Rushden's output as a sports presenter/broadcaster. He hosts the Guardian Football Podcast, the journalist guests provide the insight and he does a very good job of adding some silliness along with his sidekick Barry Glendenning.

They also do a talksport show which is similar. Build up to the saturday matches while also getting people to phone in and answer stupid questions

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Feb 2021 09:23

Winston Biscuit Another likely unpopular opinion - over the past year I have really enjoyed listening to Max Rushden's output as a sports presenter/broadcaster. He hosts the Guardian Football Podcast, the journalist guests provide the insight and he does a very good job of adding some silliness along with his sidekick Barry Glendenning.

They also do a talksport show which is similar. Build up to the saturday matches while also getting people to phone in and answer stupid questions

Yeh I like Max Rushden. Takes a lot of stick on Twitter and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Feb 2021 09:43

Pepe the Horseman
Winston Biscuit Another likely unpopular opinion - over the past year I have really enjoyed listening to Max Rushden's output as a sports presenter/broadcaster. He hosts the Guardian Football Podcast, the journalist guests provide the insight and he does a very good job of adding some silliness along with his sidekick Barry Glendenning.

Yeh I like Max Rushden. Takes a lot of stick on Twitter and doesn't take himself too seriously.

+1

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 08 Feb 2021 10:46

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman

+1

+2

Although, like Michah, Rushden is EVERYWHERE on TalkSport at the moment. He's like a substitute teacher and filling in when required. Still don't get his game Culverhouse though :?: :!:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Feb 2021 10:57

Zammo Still don't get his game Culverhouse though :?: :!:

Rules are on the website m8

562 posts