If you didn't support Reading, who would you have supported and why?

JR

Re: If you didn't support Reading, who would you have supported and why?

by JR » 11 Oct 2020 19:19

Bristol Paul Bristol City. Lived here for 30 years and my second team. Great ground too, but tickets horribly expensive and the opposite side of the city.

Not a great ground for away fans though (albeit I know not the point of this thread).

A number of times I’ve turned up, remembered how much of a dive it is and then cursed when I also remember they don’t serve booze to the away fans.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2020 08:25

JR
Bristol Paul Bristol City. Lived here for 30 years and my second team. Great ground too, but tickets horribly expensive and the opposite side of the city.

Not a great ground for away fans though (albeit I know not the point of this thread).

A number of times I’ve turned up, remembered how much of a dive it is and then cursed when I also remember they don’t serve booze to the away fans.

It is a great ground for away fans, what the hell are you talking about? Pretty sure I've had a beer there too.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 12 Oct 2020 08:42

Sunderland

A girl I fancied supported them, and we went up to see a game at Roker Park (versus Spurs) in about 1980/81; then chose to go to the Poly there and went to Roker Park pretty much every home game for the 2 Years I was up there (though I did hitch down to Darlington to watch Reading secure the point to win promotion in 85/86).

However, no mixed loyalties when we played them, and the affection for the club went when Paul Canoville was deliberately crocked by a Sunderland player.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Oct 2020 08:57

JR

Been there once and got turfed out (game we won and cisse scored) after 30 mins for having a fight with our own fans (well documented in my HoF thread) and called them and my ex "vvanking pussy pcunts" and they said "ill see you later with my gypsy cousins to oxf*rd you up" and then at the spoons in town later got spat at twice in my face so headbutted one and knocked him out,the rest then sat there drinking in fear whilst I stared at them

That was back in my wild days though

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 12 Oct 2020 08:58

Used to watch Chelsea when younger as it was easy to get in in those days. About 6 years ago had a season ticket for both! Also followed Man City as my next door neighbour in Manchester was Mick Mcarthy. When I lived in London it was also QPR. Despite these extra teams I hardly ever missed a Reading home game even travelling back from Manchester, Bristol and London. I also followed Leeds & C. Palace as my daughters partner played for both. Just love football and have watched Reading since 1962

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Oct 2020 09:55

paddy20 Used to watch Chelsea when younger as it was easy to get in in those days. About 6 years ago had a season ticket for both! Also followed Man City as my next door neighbour in Manchester was Mick Mcarthy. When I lived in London it was also QPR. Despite these extra teams I hardly ever missed a Reading home game even travelling back from Manchester, Bristol and London. I also followed Leeds & C. Palace as my daughters partner played for both. Just love football and have watched Reading since 1962

You can't support Reading and have a Chelsea ST. It's all well and good looking out for a team or maybe watching them when Reading aren't on but multiple St's are unforgivable

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Oct 2020 11:31

Simmops
JR

Been there once and got turfed out (game we won and cisse scored) after 30 mins for having a fight with our own fans (well documented in my HoF thread) and called them and my ex "vvanking pussy pcunts" and they said "ill see you later with my gypsy cousins to oxf*rd you up" and then at the spoons in town later got spat at twice in my face so headbutted one and knocked him out,the rest then sat there drinking in fear whilst I stared at them

Yeah, I remember once being all alone and facing up to 49
Pompey Hard Nuts. All I had was a pen, but I won (of course)

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 12 Oct 2020 12:51

Brentford.

Family on both sides from South Ealing. My first game was Brentford v Reading at Griffin Park. Could have gone either way!

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Oct 2020 14:46

Snowball
Simmops
JR

Get a grip and take a look at yourself Snowball. You haven't been in any fights at football like I have. I used to be frontline in Millwalls firm due to my reputation and have been involved in over 75 fights and never lost or been knocked down. The don't call me dangerous deadly double d for nothing

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Oct 2020 17:02

Simmops
Snowball
Simmops

Get a grip and take a look at yourself Snowball. You haven't been in any fights at football like I have. I used to be frontline in Millwalls firm due to my reputation and have been involved in over 75 fights and never lost or been knocked down. The don't call me dangerous deadly double d for nothing

I am so proud of you. Shame about the brain damage.

PS, You clearly don't understand the use of hyperbole as sarcasm?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Oct 2020 17:29

Snowball
Simmops
Snowball

I don't have brain damage. I'm highly intelligent and have an iq of 198

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Oct 2020 17:39

Simmops
Snowball
Simmops

It's IQ.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Oct 2020 17:51

Snowball
Simmops
Snowball

It's IQ.

Yes that is what I said thanks for confriming that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Oct 2020 19:51

Mr Angry Sunderland

A girl I fancied supported them, and we went up to see a game at Roker Park (versus Spurs) in about 1980/81; then chose to go to the Poly there and went to Roker Park pretty much every home game for the 2 Years I was up there (though I did hitch down to Darlington to watch Reading secure the point to win promotion in 85/86).

However, no mixed loyalties when we played them, and the affection for the club went when Paul Canoville was deliberately crocked by a Sunderland player.
hard to imagine you being so passionate and anti opposition Mr A :lol:

Where’s that victory-v gif?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Oct 2020 19:59

Simmops
Snowball
Simmops

It's IQ.

No you didn’t

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Oct 2020 20:08

Snowball
Simmops
Snowball

It's IQ.

No you didn’t

Yes I did. I said the letter I and the letter q. :roll:

You must be fun at the lads scrabble night out.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Oct 2020 20:34

Anyway, Bristol city away =

Kalifa

Cisse

Kalifa

Cisse

And repeat

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Oct 2020 21:52

January 2007 oops 2017!!!!

I was in London working, ghosting a book and I glanced at my
phone to see Reading were 2-0 down with less than 20 minutes to go.

I was pissed and banged on some money for them to win at stupid odds

Later glanced again and saw we'd drawn 2-2 and was happy.

Later again, correction, we'd won and I'd picked up £1,200

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Oct 2020 21:19

Snowball January 2007 oops 2017!!!!

I was in London working, ghosting a book and I glanced at my
phone to see Reading were 2-0 down with less than 20 minutes to go.

I was pissed and banged on some money for them to win at stupid odds

Later glanced again and saw we'd drawn 2-2 and was happy.

Later again, correction, we'd won and I'd picked up £1,200

SPOOKY TIME!!!!

Today was my birthday and my kids and their partners took me out for a meal. The venue was secret.

When I got there it was the hotel where I met the person I was ghosting the book for. Massive odds against that!