Swift to... Southampton

432 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Swift to... Southampton

by John Smith » 19 Oct 2020 11:14

URZZZZ Midfield ended up too open with those two

I seem to recall him being in around the squad when we lacked a proper holding midfielder. He worked well with Quinn and Tshibola and I reckon he’d have worked well with Joey

More nonsense from you I see.

No one would "work well with Joey" because he wasn't a footballer. Without question the worst person to ever pull on a Reading shirt.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Oct 2020 12:10

John Smith
URZZZZ Midfield ended up too open with those two

I seem to recall him being in around the squad when we lacked a proper holding midfielder. He worked well with Quinn and Tshibola and I reckon he’d have worked well with Joey

More nonsense from you I see.

No one would "work well with Joey" because he wasn't a footballer. Without question the worst person to ever pull on a Reading shirt.

Go away troll

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Oct 2020 09:28

Chameleon
morganb https://mobile.twitter.com/TalkReading/status/1316805970866171904

Reading wanted ‘more than double’ the £3.5m :lol: that Sheffield United offered for John Swift earlier in the summer.

Maths checks out. £35m is more than double £3.5m.

Can you run that through the super computer again please?

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 22 Oct 2020 08:14

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Oct 2020 08:32

Someone had pages to fill and nothing to do it with.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 23 Oct 2020 10:33

Despite being injured, not match fit and not having kicked a ball this season? (I've already forgotten if he has)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2020 16:29

Iirc played two and was distinctly unimpressive carrying on his end of season form.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 24 Oct 2020 20:35

Where does Swift fit in right now? Who gives up their space? He is going to have to be patient to get his chance again. This is good for us if the good Swift returns, as we will have fantastic depth with genuine quality.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 08 Dec 2020 15:42

toppy https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-continue-monitor-one-their-long-standing-transfer-targets-3010184

Shef U back interested

No chance anyone's joining that sinking ship in January. As I predicted earlier in this thread, they've crumbled like old shortbread without Dean Henderson between the sticks.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Dec 2020 17:41

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... d-19418737

Blades boss Chris Wilder has spoken of his admiration in the past for former England U21 international Swift and had been tipped to reignite his interest and make another move for the player next month.

However, the prospect of that now happening appears slim, as he has admitted there will not be any permanent arrivals at Bramall Lane during the window.

"Sometimes you want to do something, the player involved wants to do something but their club isn’t keen. But I can’t wait.
"I can’t wait until mid-January or the end of January. There are a host of games over that period and our business needs to get done now.
"There are conversations. There won’t be permanent transfers. There will be loans. There’s been discussions through agents who represent players and through clubs as well.
"It’s a fluid situation, as you can imagine. I’d like to use both loans and I’ll be putting my recommendations to the board."

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Dec 2020 22:12

morganb https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-transfers-swift-sheffield-united-19418737

Blades boss Chris Wilder has spoken of his admiration in the past for former England U21 international Swift and had been tipped to reignite his interest and make another move for the player next month.

However, the prospect of that now happening appears slim, as he has admitted there will not be any permanent arrivals at Bramall Lane during the window.

"Sometimes you want to do something, the player involved wants to do something but their club isn’t keen. But I can’t wait.
"I can’t wait until mid-January or the end of January. There are a host of games over that period and our business needs to get done now.
"There are conversations. There won’t be permanent transfers. There will be loans. There’s been discussions through agents who represent players and through clubs as well.
"It’s a fluid situation, as you can imagine. I’d like to use both loans and I’ll be putting my recommendations to the board."

Get Reading have said our owner wants to keep the player and Swift wants to stay, which makes sense when you know damn well Sheffield are shite and gonna finish in the bottom three. It's not a step up for him and he has a decent chance of maybe premier league football if we keep this up.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2020 19:40

If they want to pay us £5m to loan him for half a season it solves a selection problem for Pauno.

I'm ok with that.

432 posts