437 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by Paul McShane

by Sutekh » 24 Oct 2020 17:30

When : Tuesday 27th October 2020, 7.45pm
Where : Ewood Park, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 4JF
Capacity : 31,367

Midweek. Away. Blackburn Rovers. Three good reasons to just pretend this game just doesn’t exist in the fixture list and jump straight to Friday’s exchange of pleasantries with Coventry. Why? Well not only is Reading’s record at Ewood rather less than impressive but mainly because Reading’s midweek (ie games played on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening) away league form is somewhat akin to something very cr@ppy indeed having a cr@ppy cr@p attack on the way to cr@psville. Reading have basically amassed a massive total of zero away wins in the league in midweek games in the last 2.5 years. In addition only 2 games have been won since a 4-2 win at Leeds on 11 March 2014, which is now a woeful run of 2 out of 36 games.

Then there’s Blackburn themselves, a useful squad that is well organised and one more then capable of turning sides over as Wycombe, Derby and Coventry have already found out by shipping 13 goals to them without reply. And if Reading go to Ewood and do yet another sit back and do nothing for the opening half an hour it may be inviting a very serious problem.

The biggest threat on offer to Reading will be Blackburn striker Adam Armstrong who has already grabbed 7 goals in 7 appearances which is 4 more than the next highest scorer Bradley Johnson. Also ones to very carefully watch will be on loan Harvey Elliott and Lewis Holtby. Their last starting XI for the 4-0 trashing of Coventry was Kaminski, Rankin-Costello, Lenihan, Williams, Douglas, Trybull, Johnson, Holtby, Elliott, Armstrong and Brereton though that score may have flattered slightly as Coventry were down to 10 after only a quarter of an hour.

Daniel Ayala is likely to miss the game with a groin problem while Reading remain without Yiadom, Swift, Araruna and Baldock.

Think I can safely say now this is one game we’d all happily take a point from now if it was offered.

Referee

David “thank god there’s no VAR” Coote

Previously

22 Jul 20 > Reading 1-4 Swansea City
07 July 20 > Reading 0-0 Huddersfield Town
05 October 19 > Bristol City 1-0 Reading
13 April 19 > Reading 2-1 Brentford
13 Feb 19 > Reading 2-1 Blackburn Rovers
22 Dec 2018 > Reading 0-1 Middlesbrough
14 Apr 2018 > Reading 2-2 Sunderland
27 Feb 2018 > Nottm Forest 1-1 Reading
11 Dec 2017 > Reading 2-2 Cardiff City
23 Sep 2017 > Reading 1-1 Hull City
26 Aug 2017 > Birmingham City 0-2 Reading
24 Jan 2017 > Reading 1-0 Fulham
15 Oct 2016 > Queen's Park Rangers 1-1 Reading
15 Mar 2016 > Brighton & Hove Albion 1-0 Reading
23 Jan 2016 > Reading 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday
19 Sep 2015 > Bristol City 0-2 Reading
25 Mar 2014 > Reading 1-3 Barnsley

Historically

As with most trips up north Reading do not have a very impressive record. At Ewood Park there is just the one win to show from the eleven previous league visits.

The last 5 visits to Blackburn have seen 4 Reading points, no clean sheets for either side and 24 goals shared between the teams (14-10 to Blackburn).

The full league record there is played 11 won 1, drawn 5, lost 5, for 18, against 26

How to follow the game

1. Should be on the red button from around 19:40
  2. Listen to Radio 5 Live and/or a myriad of other radio stations for score flashes
  3. Ring/text a mate for updates
  4. Use an iFollow subscription
  5. BBC Radio Berkshire (FM : 104.4, 104.1 or 95.4 depending where you are in the area)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by Paul McShane

by CountryRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 17:40

Unbeaten run comes to end in this one :(

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 24 Oct 2020 17:49

CountryRoyal Unbeaten run comes to end in this one :(

Which you said before each of the last three games...so you are bound to be right at one point this season :roll:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 17:50

Blackburn have had 43 shots in the last two games.

We’ve had 43 shots in our last 6.

:lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 17:50

Barney

Which you said before each of the last three games...so you are bound to be right at one point this season :roll:

You’re a bit slow aren’t you?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 24 Oct 2020 17:55

They were really good against a Watford side that don’t concede much and had to have Ben Foster at his best to do that. There’s question marks over their defence though so it could easily go either way.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Oct 2020 18:00

Purely from a law of averages point of view we're going to concede at some point and Blackburn look full of goals, so I think we'll need to be at our best to win this one. Would take a point.

JR

by JR » 24 Oct 2020 18:02

I’m missing going to the Mad Stad massively, but this non-stop conveyor belt of being able to watch the Royals every 3-4 days is pretty cool.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Oct 2020 18:12

Going to be very tough. Watched them a few times under Mowbray and bar the mcshane penalty game I’ve always thought they’ve looked a good side

Mind you we are set up for these type of teams and have looked excellent in our away games.

Be a good game I reckon but do think we’ll probably lose by the odd goal

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 24 Oct 2020 18:17

CountryRoyal
Barney

NO. You are painfully negative, Every post is negative. Insanely boring and negative. If we were bottom three, or bottom half...how
on earth would you be !!!!!

We are clear at the top of the table, yet you remain negative in almost every post you make.

So no. Not slow fella. Just utterly bored of your painful boring negative drivel postings. I do hope you aren't a season ticket holder. Bet the seat next to you is empty.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Oct 2020 18:26

This will be a tough game because they are free-scoring but I think we can pick up a point here.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 18:28

Barney
CountryRoyal
Barney

NO. You are painfully negative, Every post is negative. Insanely boring and negative. If we were bottom three, or bottom half...how

We are clear at the top of the table, yet you remain negative in almost every post you make.

So no. Not slow fella. Just utterly bored of your painful boring negative drivel postings. I do hope you aren't a season ticket holder. Bet the seat next to you is empty.

Yep. You're actually an idiot. Me posting this has nothing to do with what I actually think will happen you mong. So yes, you are a bit slow.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Oct 2020 18:29

Zip This will be a tough game because they are free-scoring but I think we can pick up a point here.

Before today against a 10 man Coventry they had scored 1 goal in their last 3, so they can be nullified.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 18:29

CountryRoyal
Barney
CountryRoyal

Yep. You're actually an idiot. Me posting this has nothing to do with what I actually think will happen you mong. So yes, you are a bit slow.

Barney is correct you are painfully dull. :|

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Oct 2020 18:30

Harvey Elliot created 6 goal scoring chances today and scored one. need to stifle him surely. granted Coventry were down to 10 men early on giving him more space.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Oct 2020 18:34

I peruse opposition's fan forums quite often to see what they're saying, and I tell you, not one of them is as argumentative as HNA is. It's mad. We all hate each other :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 18:39

WoodleyRoyal
CountryRoyal
Barney

Who are you? :lol:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 18:40

CountryRoyal
WoodleyRoyal
CountryRoyal

I’m woodleyroyal, nice to meet you cuntryroyal.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 18:42

WoodleyRoyal
CountryRoyal
WoodleyRoyal

I’m woodleyroyal, nice to meet you oxf*rd.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 18:43

genome I peruse opposition's fan forums quite often to see what they're saying, and I tell you, not one of them is as argumentative as HNA is. It's mad. We all hate each other :lol:

In a class of our own. 8)

437 posts