BTFG Rrro-therrr-hhaaam

scumbag

Re: BTFG Rrro-therrr-hhaaam

by scumbag » 24 Oct 2020 20:16

Bristol Paul
Linden Jones' Tash Does noone remember our promotion season under Brian MCDemott?

Its all about confidence, momentum with a bit of skill and luck

Long may it continue

The one where we came straight back down as we won promotion on the back of massive confidence and keeping a run going rather than actually being all that good?

Bet you're fun at parties.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 20:32

scumbag
Bristol Paul
Linden Jones' Tash Does noone remember our promotion season under Brian MCDemott?

Long may it continue

The one where we came straight back down as we won promotion on the back of massive confidence and keeping a run going rather than actually being all that good?

Bet you're fun at parties.

:lol:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Oct 2020 20:33

Bristol Paul

Long may it continue

Dreary me

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Oct 2020 20:53

Looking at their forum and they seem to think they dominated the match and were unlucky to lose.

I very strongly disagree, they passed the ball around without much purpose and were well contained, the fact they only mustered 2 shots on goal is testament to that. They also go on about the first goal being offside, truth being it was borderline and in those situations referees have always been instructed to give the benefit to the attacker.

Only point I've seen that I will agree with is that 3-0 flattered us, that was true but we looked better in the 2nd half, particularly after Joao came on.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Oct 2020 20:58

Snowball
Bristol Paul Surprised at these reports. Yes we have a great defence, yes we won, yes we are top of the league after an unbelievable start. However, today’s performance was very poor, so how people can award 7’s and 8’s across the team is beyond me. Happy to keep winning and playing crap, but not sure the run will keep going if we don’t improve from the last two performances and like the fact the manager isn’t falling into that trap from his comments.

Just saying..

Agree we looked ordinary/poor but I'm beginning to
think we deliberately play "Rope a Dope"

We seem to prove we can soak up pressure and have hardly
conceded any shots close in (hence one scrappy goal conceded.

Almost every game has looked the same, poor for 20-30 mins at least
but slowly working into the game and having a much better second half.

It's WORKING (so far)

(I only worry that a good side will score 2-3 before we start playing)

Was also thinking whilst watching , especially the first half, is this deliberate? And the thought crossed my mind, is it the football equivalent of Rope a Dope?!

Risky strategy if so

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2020 21:13

tidus_mi2 Looking at their forum and they seem to think they dominated the match and were unlucky to lose.

I very strongly disagree, they passed the ball around without much purpose and were well contained, the fact they only mustered 2 shots on goal is testament to that. They also go on about the first goal being offside, truth being it was borderline and in those situations referees have always been instructed to give the benefit to the attacker.

Only point I've seen that I will agree with is that 3-0 flattered us, that was true but we looked better in the 2nd half, particularly after Joao came on.

I thought it was a yard off until I saw that still someone posted. Absolutely perfectly timed run and incredibly tight. Can't be unhappy with that standing if you've got working eyes and have seen the picture.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 21:22

Well quest is shit. I mean we all new that anyway, but I was expecting (foolishly) a little more analysis on our game.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Oct 2020 21:45

Morrison immense once again. Tempted to give the guy a 10 for his performance in the first half.

Rinomhota and Laurent - I’d need to watch some matches back, but my suspicion is that most of their best work is all about positioning, slowing down attacks and pushing them wide rather than directly winning the ball. Rinomhota is one of the leading ball-winners in the league but it is noticeable that we’re much less vulnerable through the middle this year, and I’m putting that down in no small part to improved positioning.

Esteves - not entirely convinced, but wow, the way he hit that shot... I feel like the first half might have suited Holmes more, but it’s clear Esteves has the talent.

Echoing the very positive thoughts on Olise and Ejaria. Both are having good seasons. They’re creating more chances and have added extra strings to their bows.

I’ve said and thought for a long time that the quality of players we have should have led to better league finishes. Paunovic seems to finally be getting the best out of our squad.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 24 Oct 2020 21:50

Semedo was a serious donkey and not convinced by Estevez.

Defence was nails again as always, but we have very little linking it to the from the front men aside from going long

// I reckon we'll be a lot better at playing through the team when we play an open attacking team like Blackburn

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2020 21:57

John Madejski's Wallet Semedo was a serious donkey and not convinced by Estevez.

Defence was nails again as always, but we have very little linking it to the from the front men aside from going long

// I reckon we'll be a lot better at playing through the team when we play an open attacking team like Blackburn

Not convinced by Esteves???

He was excellent!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Oct 2020 22:02

bcubed
Snowball
Bristol Paul Surprised at these reports. Yes we have a great defence, yes we won, yes we are top of the league after an unbelievable start. However, today’s performance was very poor, so how people can award 7’s and 8’s across the team is beyond me. Happy to keep winning and playing crap, but not sure the run will keep going if we don’t improve from the last two performances and like the fact the manager isn’t falling into that trap from his comments.

Just saying..

Agree we looked ordinary/poor but I'm beginning to
think we deliberately play "Rope a Dope"

We seem to prove we can soak up pressure and have hardly
conceded any shots close in (hence one scrappy goal conceded.

Almost every game has looked the same, poor for 20-30 mins at least
but slowly working into the game and having a much better second half.

It's WORKING (so far)

(I only worry that a good side will score 2-3 before we start playing)

Was also thinking whilst watching , especially the first half, is this deliberate? And the thought crossed my mind, is it the football equivalent of Rope a Dope?!

Risky strategy if so

I suspect we won't play like that against better teams. Whilst our first half performance wasn't good enough, if you play a team who press high but lack quality in attack, its a legitimate tactic to let them play in front of you because they will tire. What we then need is that little bit of quality on the ball when we get it. We lacked that in the first half.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 22:03

RE estevez, Thought he looked a bit suspect in his defensive duties. But it’s his first start in a different country and he’s 18. He’s only going to get better as he gets used to his new team mates.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Oct 2020 22:07

Anyone got a link to the Esteves shot? Not on the sky sports highlights.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2020 22:09

WoodleyRoyal RE estevez, Thought he looked a bit suspect in his defensive duties. But it’s his first start in a different country and he’s 18. He’s only going to get better as he gets used to his new team mates.

2 tackles, 1 interceptions, 1 clearence and wasnt dribbled past all game. Not to mention in his 33 minute cameo against Wycombe he completed 5 tackles, more than any other Reading player.

Reckon his defending is fine.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Oct 2020 22:12

NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal RE estevez, Thought he looked a bit suspect in his defensive duties. But it’s his first start in a different country and he’s 18. He’s only going to get better as he gets used to his new team mates.

2 tackles, 1 interceptions, 1 clearence and wasnt dribbled past all game. Not to mention in his 33 minute cameo against Wycombe he completed 5 tackles, more than any other Reading player.

Guess we've found another Esteves fan :roll:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2020 22:13

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth

Guess we've found another Esteves fan :roll:

Why do you hate white players?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 22:14

NewCorkSeth

Yes I said he looked a bit suspect I don’t give a oxf*rd what the stats say.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Oct 2020 22:15

John Madejski's Wallet
Semedo was a serious donkey and not convinced by Estevez.

Made more successful tackles than any other player on the pitch (5)

Next best RDG player was 3.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 24 Oct 2020 22:16

NewCorkSeth

He looked a bit out of place right at the start; but as the game wore on he looked every bit of a senior pro. A calm head with quality touches in the opposition half too. Pauno pointed out that Esteves learnt quickly; and learned a lot in that first half.

He’s going to be an awesome little player over the coming months
Last edited by royalp-we on 24 Oct 2020 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2020 22:17

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth

Yes I said he looked a bit suspect I don’t give a oxf*rd what the stats say.

I reckon your eyesight is a bit suspect then considering he didn't lose a single challenge and nobody dribbled past him all game. What part of his defending was suspect to you?