BTFG Rrro-therrr-hhaaam

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BTFG Rrro-therrr-hhaaam

by 3points » 25 Oct 2020 08:39

NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal RE estevez, Thought he looked a bit suspect in his defensive duties. But it’s his first start in a different country and he’s 18. He’s only going to get better as he gets used to his new team mates.

2 tackles, 1 interceptions, 1 clearence and wasnt dribbled past all game. Not to mention in his 33 minute cameo against Wycombe he completed 5 tackles, more than any other Reading player.

Reckon his defending is fine.

He even blocked a cross! Something Gunter didn’t do in about his last 5 seasons

Esteves is very quick over the first few yards. He’s made some mistakes but his pace has meant he’s recovered very quickly. He’s been closing players down and harassing them rather than giving them space to cross.

Semedo was poor, blowing out of his arse after 70 mins but did cover a lot of ground. It was also noticeable he was swapped with Ovie positionally at half time and played deeper and wider.

The Rinomhota/ Laurent axis is absolutely the key difference between last season and this. Two genuine hard working midfielders doing all the dirty work and closing down space quickly. Long may it continue

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Oct 2020 09:34

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth
Pepe the Horseman Guess we've found another Esteves fan :roll:

Why do you hate white players?

I got my reasons.

I remember seeing you ask for a video of Esteves’s shot. It is in the highlights on the club’s YouTube channel. (Olise’s free kick is not)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yhwEhQ-BC5k

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Oct 2020 09:41

SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth Why do you hate white players?

I got my reasons.

I remember seeing you ask for a video of Esteves’s shot. It is in the highlights on the club’s YouTube channel. (Olise’s free kick is not)

Why isn't that free kick in the highlights???

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Oct 2020 10:06

JR
WoodleyRoyal Well quest is shit. I mean we all new that anyway, but I was expecting (foolishly) a little more analysis on our game.

They did at least confirm that this was the best ever 7-game start by any team ever in the Championship

And yet we were still only a 'round-up' game and they couldn't be arsed to interview the manager responsible for that feat. Nor did they show Rafael's crucial (at the time) save.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Oct 2020 10:08

SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman

I got my reasons.

Funny how memory works. I thought that Ejaria's cross for Meite's opener was "routine"

he did some lovely work to make it, and it was hardly a cross

Also the Rotherham shot tipped over, I thought was closer than the actual 19 yards

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Oct 2020 10:08

NewCorkSeth
SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman I got my reasons.

Why isn't that free kick in the highlights???

Agreed, showed Premiership thinking

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Oct 2020 10:09

3points

Semedo was poor, blowing out of his arse after 70 mins but did cover a lot of ground. It was also noticeable he was swapped with Ovie positionally at half time and played deeper and wider.

just not-yet-fit IMO

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Oct 2020 10:13

SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman

I got my reasons.

Cheers! What a goal that would've been. The Olise free kick is in the sky sports highlights.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Oct 2020 10:23

SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman

I got my reasons.

Oh my. If that Esteves shot goes in, probably up there for one of the best ever Reading goals of all time. What a clean hit.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Oct 2020 10:25

Hendo
SCIAG

Oh my. If that Esteves shot goes in, probably up there for one of the best ever Reading goals of all time. What a clean hit.

We could have had THREE goals of the season in one game.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2020 10:31

Hendo
SCIAG

just watched it again. It really was one hell of a shot, and a decent save

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Oct 2020 12:08

RoyalBlue
JR
WoodleyRoyal Well quest is shit. I mean we all new that anyway, but I was expecting (foolishly) a little more analysis on our game.

They did at least confirm that this was the best ever 7-game start by any team ever in the Championship

And yet we were still only a 'round-up' game and they couldn't be arsed to interview the manager responsible for that feat. Nor did they show Rafael's crucial (at the time) save.

I think we could win the league with 107 points and we still wouldn’t be top billing on Quest.

:mrgreen:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2020 12:52

Hound
Hendo
SCIAG I remember seeing you ask for a video of Esteves’s shot. It is in the highlights on the club’s YouTube channel. (Olise’s free kick is not)

just watched it again. It really was one hell of a shot, and a decent save

Miles out as well. Must have been 35 / 40 yards ish.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Oct 2020 14:56

Snowball
Hendo
SCIAG I remember seeing you ask for a video of Esteves’s shot. It is in the highlights on the club’s YouTube channel. (Olise’s free kick is not)

We could have had THREE goals of the season in one game.

Except if it had gone in Meite wouldn’t have scored his worldy from the corner

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Oct 2020 16:09

SouthDownsRoyal
RoyalBlue
JR

I think we could win the league with 107 points and we still wouldn’t be top billing on Quest.

oxf*rd that oxf*rd show that oxf*rd oxf*rd colon Murray is a oxf*rd bellend cocksucking irish oxf*rd unfunny oxf*rd knows nothing about oxf*rd football that stupid oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd league 1 joke coverage and league 2 oxf*rd oxf*rd rubbish oxf*rd

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 25 Oct 2020 18:09

Hendo
SCIAG

Each to their own, but I can never understand why a speculative whack from 30 yds that 9/10 times ends up in row Z is better than a nicely worked team goal. But it seems goals of seasons are invariably just that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2020 19:30

Horsham Royal
Hendo

Each to their own, but I can never understand why a speculative whack from 30 yds that 9/10 times ends up in row Z is better than a nicely worked team goal. But it seems goals of seasons are invariably just that.

Because the skill to get them on target and in from that distance is high. And they look spectacular.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Oct 2020 19:55

Snowflake Royal
Horsham Royal
Hendo

Because the skill to get them on target and in from that distance is high. And they look spectacular.

Yes your xG pricks will bemoan them but as Ian said it takes a lot of skill and technique to hit them on target with enough power, they’re not as “speculative” as people would like to think and they score worldies in training all the time but replicating that in a real game is completely different. Ditto they look outrageous. That being said love a good team goal. Wilshere against Norwich was a beaut if you remember it. I always think of a lovely goal Vydra scored against Brentford I think which was great as well, Beeren’s from Gunter’s cross etc etc.

Just love a nice goal, but we could score 100 scrappy goals a season and I wouldn’t complain.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Oct 2020 20:03

Simmops
SouthDownsRoyal
RoyalBlue

oxf*rd that oxf*rd show that oxf*rd oxf*rd colon Murray is a oxf*rd bellend cocksucking irish oxf*rd unfunny oxf*rd knows nothing about oxf*rd football that stupid oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd league 1 joke coverage and league 2 oxf*rd oxf*rd rubbish oxf*rd

You not a fan then?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2020 20:04

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
Horsham Royal

Yes your xG pricks will bemoan them but as Ian said it takes a lot of skill and technique to hit them on target with enough power, they’re not as “speculative” as people would like to think and they score worldies in training all the time but replicating that in a real game is completely different. Ditto they look outrageous. That being said love a good team goal. Wilshere against Norwich was a beaut if you remember it. I always think of a lovely goal Vydra scored against Brentford I think which was great as well, Beeren’s from Gunter’s cross etc etc.

Just love a nice goal, but we could score 100 scrappy goals a season and I wouldn’t complain.

The speculative ones don't go in IMO.

It's like saying Meite's bicycle kick isn't that good because it's speculative. Most attempts don't really threaten the goal afterall. Completely ignores that getting it right and scoring with it is hard